main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Random Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Wildstar02301, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    A lot of FanForce boards have something like a "Random Thread" for anything-goes discussion, but saw that you guys lacked one. I'm starting it with a funny situation that happened in New Jersey today, courtesy of CardPlayer.com.

An odd situation came up in today's play in the World Poker Tour event @ the Borgata. At one of the tables, a pot was raised pre-flop and there was one caller. The action went around to the big blind, who then realized he had only been dealt one card. Under New Jersey law, since there was already action, the big blind could not be given the top card and he was given the option of either playing his one-card hand or mucking the hand. The big blind mucked, and the hand was checked down by the two remaining players. It was found that the big blind would've chopped (split) the pot had he played. [face_laugh]

Everyone at the table was in good spirits about the error, and they all laughed about it afterwards.

2. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Holy crap! I know someone who was there at the Borgata this weekend!

3. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I follow independent baseball, especially my hometown team, the Brockton Rox of the Can-Am League, so I thought I'd let you guys know that in addition to the New Jersey Jackals, there will be another New Jersey team in that league starting this season: the Sussex Skyhawks, who will play their home games at Skylands Park in Augusta, NJ. You can get more info on the new team on the Skyhawks' site.

4. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Oh wow! They're actually trying to make a new stadium for minors in the Meadowlands, too. They're going to be called the Cliff Hawks. That's gonna suck for traffic, though. :[

5. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    A lot of FanForce boards have something like a "Random Thread" for anything-goes discussion, but saw that you guys lacked one.

What would we do without you New Englanders huh? I'll tell ya..if it wasn't for those Sox and Bruins, I'd have nothing bad to say about you. ;)

Oh wow! They're actually trying to make a new stadium for minors in the Meadowlands, too.

Just what the Meadowlands needs...ANOTHER minor league team.

6. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    dead. They can join the minor league team that plays in Uniondale. ;) Or Hempstead. Wherever that POS arena is.

7. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    You're sweet as a honey bee
    But like a honey bee stings
    You've gone and left my heart in pain
    All you left is our favorite song
    The one we danced to all night long
    It used to bring sweet memories
    Of a tender love that used to be

Now it's the same old song
    But with a different meaning
    Since you been gone
    It's the same old song
    Since you been gone

A sentimental fool am I
    to hear a old love song
    And wanna cry
    But the melody keeps haunting me
    Reminding me how in love we used to be
    Keep hearing the part that used to touch my heart
    Saying together forever
    Breaking up never

It's the same old song
    Since you been gone
    It's the same old song
    Since you been gone

Precious memories keep a lingering on
    Everytime I hear our favorite song
    Now you're gone
    Left this emptiness
    I only reminisce
    The happiness we spent
    We used to dance on the music
    Make romance through the music

It's the same old song
    Since you been gone
    It's the same old song
    Since you been gone

It's the same old song
    Since you been gone
    It's the same old song
    Since you been gone

*yawn*

~DG~

8. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Is that your song for Peter Laviolette or Brett Lindros?

9. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm a very random person, so I'll post in your Random Thread.

Just wanted to stop by to say how great it was to see Gary, again! Hope to see lots of you folks at ComiCon! The Awards Banquet should be tons of fun :D

10. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Thanks for hanging out Cat! Bravo's was pretty good. We are hoping to arrive on Friday night into Monroeville, and then go get a drink in 'The City'. You and your crew should come out and meet up.

~DG~

11. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    *grin* We've already set something up for Friday night. The place is a bar/grill that has live bands on Friday night. How's about it? Care to join us? :)

12. MediaGuyPJ

MediaGuyPJ Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    I did a keg stand in Armor and was dropped on my head. Though my head hurts. Its all good in the glory of the empire.

GIGGITY GIGGITY.

13. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Go see Benchwarmers, everyone.

14. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    So I'm watching star wars the other day (big suprise there) Its the scene where R2 is about to be capture by the jawas and R2 starts to whistle at the SAME exact time and the same EXACT way my R2 phone rings I didn't hear the first ring because they were in sync that GOOD!

The lady on the other end was a telemarketer for american cancer society looking for $ of course my reply I just raised money for you at a charity event and described the whole fanforce thing.

Thought I'd share that one wth you guys.

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    This isn't really that random but since it doesn't require it's own thread I figured I'd just stick the info in here :p. I've got a Fantasy Football league on Yahoo and I wanted to drop an invite to you guys. You can find all of the information by going to the thread in the Northeast Regional boards.

16. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Just bumping this thread and post:

Just wanted to double-check and see if anyone was interested in playing. Still have spots left and I'm trying to fill them before the draft next month.

17. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just found out about this, but I wanted to congratulate the state of New Jersey and Monmouth Park on being selected to host the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships next year. It's a world-class event and I hope Monmouth Park does your state proud. :D

18. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm jumping in on this late....Mike hook me up with the link & I'll gladly join.

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Great!!! Here's the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.