main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Knight150, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Thank god the BC basketball season is over, eh? ;)

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah, Tony. I got tired of hearing myself talk about it. [face_laugh]

I forgot to mention it last week, but Curt Kohlberg of Weston, MA (via Pittsburgh, PA) recently finished 5th in the World Poker Tour's Grand Prix de Paris, the final table of which aired on the Travel Channel a week ago. The tournament was won by Britain's Roland de Wolfe.

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I like the new look! Sure has been a while since I've been around. How is everyone? Anything new happening here, both on the boards and with the group?

4. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Welcome home, J_O. Good to have you back! :D

The main items you may have missed are the installation of the other Mike (DarthWormie) as the new chapter rep, and the meet a couple of weeks ago at the Museum of Science for the Star Wars exhibit. I also told DarthWormie that I wanted to assume Chris' (DarthLucanas) old title, and not remembering what Chris called it, you can now call me the Boston Rebels' Public Relations Officer.

That should bring you back up to speed, Mike. What's been going on with you?

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Well... I started a new job about a month ago so I've been going crazy getting settled in and trying to learn as much as I can to get caught up to speed with everyone else.

I wanted to make it out to the MoS exhibit with you guys last month but that idea went downhill pretty fast. So I'm going to try and get down there to see the exhibit next weekend before it leaves for good.

I guess I did miss the official awarding of the CR mantle to Mike, congrats by the way! And to you as well Rich on your PR nod.

6. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome back Mike and congrats on the new job. Sorry you couldn't make the MOS meet but it sounds like you had your hands pretty full. We had a pretty good time. We met up with the Foxboro folks as well as Jeff from Rhode Squadron. We even bumped into Ed before heading in for our tour of the SW exhibit. After that we hooked up with a couple of members of the Euro FF scene and had a bite to eat over at the Galleria.

Right now there is no meet scheduled for this month but my hope is to try and get something planned for May. Whatever it ends up being I hope your able to attend.

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Congrats on the job, J_O. =D=

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Thanks!!! Hopefully I'll make it to a meet one of these days, but it seems like I'm always saying that [face_blush]. The MoS meet was the closest I've ever come to actually making it to one so maybe next time I'll finally get there.

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    http://www.ncaasports.com/icehockey/mens/gamecenter/live/NCAAH_20060406_BC@NDK

Boston College got a hat trick from Chris Collins and defeated North Dakota 6-5 today to advance to Saturday night's NCAA men's ice hockey national championship game. The Eagles will play the winner of tonight's game between Maine and Wisconsin.

10. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I'm going to use the random thread for something other than sports & games for a change. [face_laugh]

I upgraded my computer's memory today, but didn't get the hoped-for 768MB total because of a conflict between the old stick and the new stick (when I had both sticks installed, Windows would load and My Computer Properties would show 768MB of memory, but when I ran Belarc Advisor to confirm the memory configuration, my machine locked up). Still, the 512MB stick I left in my machine is double what I had before, and I now plan on getting a matching 512MB stick down the road (a couple to a few months from now) to bring the total to a healthy 1GB. :D

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    ?Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Boston College sports posts, and will soon see the end of the Rebellion.?

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Don't know if anyone else has seen this picture yet but I thought I'd give it a little attention since it is kinda funny.

[image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0007219.jpg]

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Where the heck did you find that? That's too funny. After looking at it for a minute, It kind of looks more like 'Pizza the Hutt' from SpaceBalls than old Jabba.

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    It's on theForce.net. It does look kinda like a pile of you-know-what with big green eyes, but I'd still give the guy an "A+" for both effort and creativity!

15. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    It does kinda look like a steamy turd. :p

16. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I know there are wrestling fans among us (I don't really think wrestling belongs in the sports thread, as it's more entertainment), so I thought I'd mention that wrestling legends Rocky Johnson, Bruno Sammartino, and Afa Anoa'i (one half of The Wild Samoans with his brother Sika) are slated to appear at the Chiller Theatre Expo on June 2-4 @ the Secaucus Crowne Plaza. :D

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Entertainment?!? How could something so real be thought of as entertainment :-B?

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    HEY! There'll be no Pro-Wrestling bashing on my watch![face_shame_on_you]

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I don't know if you guys have heard this one yet but here's another scam caught in the act thanks to the help of some unusual forensic work. A mother and son were arrested after police performed an autopsy on the mouse the mother claimed she found in her soup she ordered while at a Cracker Barrel. Police said the autopsy showed that the mouse did not die as a result of drowning or by burning but as a result of a skull fracture. The full story can be found here.

20. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    If you are ever looking to buy a new home there's a few things that you should always look for:

1) Make sure that the house exterior and foundation is in good shape, no water damage.
    2) Make sure that the heat and hot water utilities are well maintained, to prevent Carbon Minoxide leaks.
    3) Take a look at the electrical service in the house, see if the breaker box is overloaded.
    and most important of all...
    4) Even if the house meets these simple safety steps, don't buy a house that is on this street!!!

[image=http://www.geocities.com/jedioutcast77/deadend.jpg]

21. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Season 2 of the "Boston vs. New York Poker Challenge", with new players, premieres on NESN today...supposed to be around 6PM and again @ 9PM, with repeats throughout the week; check listings for airtimes.

22. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    The photo of Jabba in the back of the car did look like Pizza the Hutt from Spaceballs but it was funny. :)

23. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Wow! Evie delurks! I hope the school year has been kind to you, and I hope we get to see you at a meet this summer. :D

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Welcome back Evie! Hope you had a great year at school.

25. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    HELLO!!! It's good to be back and posting on the boards! This has been a busy school year and I wish that I could have posted more often but a little thing known as homework got in the way. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.