main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Ryno, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    *starts evil plotting*

2. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Hey guys, just random question for the random thread. Are we going to do another Halloween party? I had a lot of fun last year.

I'd offer to host but if you've seen my apartment, you'd probably know it's not the best place for a party... (Not that it stopped my roommates... who by the way, thought the pantry door would make a much better table for beer pong than the coffee table. *facepalms*)

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm not going to be around for Halloween this year, as I will be making a long overdue trip to visit my friend at Bucknell that weekend.

4. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Unless a costume falls in my lap, I don't think I'm going to be catching any halloween parties this year.

5. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I just spent the past 3.5 hours trying to get my badge and hotel reservation for C3. Argh! But it's done.

6. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Just spent my first 3 hours playing Battlefront. Ooooh man does it rock.

They made me kill wookiees =(

7. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    But at least you were serving under Count Dooku ;) Go do the first Clone Era mission, you get to kill Gungans. That should cheer you up!

8. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    I've already beat Battlefront on easy. I should have normal and hard beat in a week or two. They really need to make these games harder.

9. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i haven't actually played it yet, but i've watched it being played. i already know the controls are going to drive me crazy (much like the similar controls in the riddick game did). instead of making the left joystick forward/back/strafe left/strafe right and the right is turning, they should put the turning on the left joystick, and put strafing on the right joystick. that would make me much happier.

unless of course, you can set that under the options.

otherwise, it looked like alot of fun and i am, in fact, going to be trying it myself tonight.

10. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Are there any fanforce servers going on at all? I am playing the computer version.

11. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    okay so i got struck with a halloween urge tonight. tom and i came up with a great idea to turn the little back porch into a fake graveyard for halloween night. anyway, i suddenly started making a compilation of halloween-type songs, and here's what i have so far:

toccata and fugue in d minor (bach)
    brains! (by voltaire, from the grim adventures of billy and mandy)
    the monster mash
    the addams family theme
    the twilight zone theme
    ghostbusters
    devil went down to georgia
    werewolves of london
    thriller
    the angel theme
    the halloween movie theme
    the jaws theme
    the exorcist theme

does anyone have any other suggestions? i'd like to get a huge playlist going!

edit: added a couple...the x-files theme, and "this is halloween" from nightmare before christmas

12. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Huge list? I got that and then some. I have tons & tons of Halloween music. Here's some stuff to check out:
    Artists:
    Midnight Syndicate
    White Zombie/Rob Zombie
    Zacherle
    The Misfits
    The Ghastly Ones
    Bobby 'Boris' Pickett had a whole Halloween album, not just the Monster Mash :)

CDs:
    Halloween Hootenany
    New Wave Halloween
    Disney's Haunted Mansion 35th Anniv. CD
    Mannheim Steamroller
    Fight Night classic compilation

Songs:
    Funeral March for Marionettes (Hitchcock Theme)
    Night on Bald Mountain

Shoot me a pm/im maybe I can help you out further.

13. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    If i may add my suggestion for a halloween cd. Just pop in the original Quake cd. There are a couple songs that are as creepy as it gets.

14. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    woah...quake cd...i forgot about that. perfect! thanks josh

(did you see xorn getting clobbered by sabretooth in the latest unc btw?)

and dex, thank you too. i've heard of midnight syndicate, they're one of tom's favorites. as for the others i'm definitely going to give those a go too.

15. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Try getting a copy of some kids singing those nursery ryhmes all creepy like.

On a side note: I have a new job. I start in a couple of weeks. (Had to give a 2 week notice to my current employer =\) I'll be working up in boston. Same job as Chris, who I am forever grateful for helping me get this job. (I had tried way back in March)

How this will effect my meet attendence, I am not sure of yet. I will keep you guys posted.

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Even though I've already told you in person Jeff, congrats again on the new job. You and Chris better behave yourselves...you're very dangerous together. :p

You people need to liven up over here...this board is far too quiet!

17. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Yay, congrats and stuff!

Yeah, we are kinda dead around here. I kinda haven't been posting much either though so I can't say anything but ya know. I'm home for Columbus Day weekend and I have a cold. There's my excuse, what's yours? ;)

18. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Thanks ladies, I go in wednesday to get fitted for my uniform. My last day for my current job is friday. I'm quite excited.

19. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Argh, I'm really sick. Hopefully this evilness will pass by the weekend. [face_tired]

20. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    So today I had to go to Boston for my uniform fitting for my new job.

So it starts with me going into South Attleboro station. The 2 parking lots for the commuter rail were full so I go to just park in a regular parking spot over in the shopping center. So meter maid comes over and roughs me up, saying I can't park there. Apparently there are more spots in the back of the parking lot for the rail. So at this point its getting dangerously close to the train showing up. So I park. No time to push 2 dollars into those less then paper thin slots. As I'm walking over, the train is coming!! So now I'm running my wookiee bum so I don't lose the train. I get there just in the nick of time! Yay!

I get to the train station, walk to my new job area, get fitted, talk to my new boss (I start next Tuesday). That was fairly uneventful.

I get to the train station to leave. I miss the 12 o'clock train by 5 minutes! The next train isn't leaving till 2.15! Oh man! So I had a book with me, but I finished it after an hour. So now I have an hour wait for the train and another on the train. So I said I have to get a book to read. So I go over to the book store area.

Looking thru the books, where is the sci fi section ugh? Well this lady is talking on the phone and suddenly, with no reason?books start falling from the sky. The first one I catch at the corner of my eye. What?s going on? So I?m thinking maybe a good one will hit her and I?ll have something good to read. Well unfortunately they weren?t falling out of the sky but a shelf with a door that closed after the books fell out. Oh well.

So I find the sci fi section. The last part of the circle I was going in and I run across some star wars books. Oh boy. So then I see it. Vector Prime. Now I haven?t read this book but I know what happens in it. People who know of the book and know me, will know my issue with the book. I felt that if I didn?t read the book, it never really happened. But I was in a pinch and needed something to read, and that book happens to be the first of the New Jedi Order. So I look on the cover. It?s a special offer, only 5 bucks, hey you can?t go wrong with that. So yea, I am now reading the Vector Prime.

And thats my story =P

21. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    =D= i love your story!!

22. TheDeadGuy

TheDeadGuy Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2004
    For my 2 cents on Halloween music, I highly recomend the theme song fomr the Puppetmaster movie by Full Moon. Sensationally creepy music...by far my favorite

[face_skull]

23. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    At first I was shocked by the previous post until I noticed who made it :)
    But yeah, what he said.

24. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Jeff, I really wish I had a fun story like yours to tell about yesterday, but alas, I do not. :)

25. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.