main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Ryno, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    thanks kerri :) this last project i just finished was a children's book so the illustrations were kind of flat in style, with pastel colors, big shapes, etc. my usual style is more comic-book like. i'm hoping to redo my site and put up a gallery of my stuff.
    [shameless tooting of own horn] i could put a little folder together of my stuff and bring it to the meet sunday...if anyone is interested in checking it out [/shameless tooting of own horn] :p :D

oooh what kind of writing do you do? i do a fair bit of fan fic myself, mostly in the style of star wars, x-men, or harry potter. i love writing but drawing is my main thing :)

2. Essence

Essence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    Of course! Bring them along! I am a big fan of art, and having a younger brother, I have grown fond of comic book art myself. I also collect comics, but anything you have would be fun to look at. The only art I hate is like picasso stuff and real abstract stuff. Not my cup of tea. (Sorry if you do any of that!)

What do I write? Well, I have written three Star Wars fanfic novels so far which I am very proud of. I am still going too. I became sort of disillusioned with the novels on the market and started making my own, like a billion other people ;)

I have also written an independent short story that I am looking to get published. I write poetry. I wrote a final fantasy X fanfic short story. I am working on a Legend of Zelda short. And I have two original novels in the works. Once I am finished with them, I will seek out an agent and publisher. See, I am like so many others who want to be published, but I won't stop until I am. Even if I am 80! My original stuff is sci-fi/fantasy oriented.

I draw a little and used to draw alot. I have done some Star Wars characters and some cartoon type original characters of my own. But I haven't really been able to concentrate on anything much having been burned out from college :)

But yeah! Bring your stuff! I am sure others would love to look at it too!

3. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    oh wow, that is awesome! if you don't mind sharing, i'd love to read some of your stuff.

okay i found my little "portfolio" that got packed up, i'll bring it sunday :)

4. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Don't know how the hell i stumbled on this but I have to post it for our fearless leader (on the off chance she doesn't know about it LOL)

Live 365's DDR Station

5. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

how on earth did i miss this?!

you're rehired

:p

6. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    uh-oh..do we have DDR fans on this board? Do I hear the boom boom of endless dance beats?

7. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Fans? That might be an understatement! LOL
    Personally, I think it is a construct of evil...

8. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    do not underestimate the power of the DDR machine.

foomp foomp foomp foomp

the system ... is down ...

9. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Hey! I installed that lighjt switch so you could turn the light off and on, not so you could throw a rave party!

10. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    the cheat ... is grounded!

11. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Hey idarii

CRASH BACK :p (like a train wreck)!!!

[face_mischief] [face_devil] ;) [face_laugh] [face_mischief] [face_devil] ;) [face_laugh] [face_mischief] [face_devil] ;) [face_laugh] [face_mischief] [face_devil] ;) [face_laugh] [face_mischief] [face_devil] ;) [face_laugh]

Dave (Pain in the a** of Rochester NY)

12. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    I have zero coordination so never did the DDR thing. My bro, the little stinker, happens to be quite good at it. And something called Para Para as well. He just came back from Baltimore where he went to a convention as Tidus from Final Fantasy X...I'm jealous. No costume for me.

13. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    There's almost nothing funnier than watching 2 guys play DDR at the same time :)

14. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I tried the DDR and can safely say I suck at it.

John

15. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Obi just totally sucks at dueling. ;)

16. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    Haven't tried DDR but have watched. They scare me.

Hey Carrie, I've seen the artwork but you write fanfic too? Got any posted online?

Oh, and for everyone: I tend to come online when I am not out or after a long day at work if I am not too tired, so if any of you are looking to talk, you can reach me at EssieLiv on AIM or ICQ 10017406. I don't mind chatting so look me up some time!

17. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Make sure you're in a place where people will not look at your funny if you LOL before clicking below
    click me

18. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    sure, kerri, i PMed you the links :)

19. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Hey gang just wanted to give some info on the treasury deal and what not.

First. I haven't, like I promised, buried the money and marked it with an X or have a wookiee guarding it. Instead I put it in my underwear draw. I figure that will keep unwanted criminals away. But incase that doesn't deter them, I have a cat...well he's kind of old. And well he sleeps alot .... hmm

Anyways. As far as much is in the treasury, I won't be broadcasting it on the boards. If you would like to know how much you have donated to the cause and/or how much is in the bank...then PM me. I won't be letting everyone know FYI.

Thats about it for now Thanks =)

20. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    hey james, the name of that game is nanosaur - i just remembered it this morning

21. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Yah our cat might sleep a lot but he isn't called Pain for nothing ;) He'll purr head nudge you to death! ME-OWWWWWWWW!

22. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    pardon me, i'm feeling positively haiku-ish.

Hail! little beetle.
    Fiercely you clung to the glass,
    While I did eighty.

23. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    okay i held out as long as i could with the news.

i have a job! at hasbro! free toys! ahahahahahhahahahahahaha!

okay maybe no free toys, but .... i have a job! go me! *does the happy dance*

24. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    CONGRATS!!!! :D

I'm just doing the usual school thing...

BUT I was invited to go to Europe to sing with my school's touring choir even though I am not IN the touring choir! WHEE!

25. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    That's awesome Carrie! Congrats! :)

What exactly is your job there? And how can you not get free toys? Is Hasbro really that cheap? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.