main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

random thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Seacoast, NH' started by sith_lord21, Dec 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith_lord21

sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    ok this thread is any random stuff. its so popular on the boston rebels boards

2. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    That it is. Might not be too bad to have a social thread in a new forum like this. But it might be bad to have personnel coming in here and irritating the living daylights out of us like they do on other forums.

3. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Arthur,Go back and play in your own forum.Stop bugging other chapters :mad:

4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    THANK YOU, ROY.

5. Kriana

Kriana Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2002
    oooo I don't know what to post... The Two towers was fun though!

6. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    While I do not see a problem with having a social thread, just as long as it stays under control, and there are no problems with it, otherwise have a blast.

As soon as I think of something Random to post, I am sure I will utilize this thread.

Jaded

7. sith_lord21

Sep 29, 2002
    well this thread is for n e thing that is random. u know when someone says something thats not not on topic. there was this guy on the boston rebels boards saying something so random in 1 of the meet threads. we all said it was way too random. he said something about siths thats all i know

8. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    I hate snow... ok, there, I said it...

9. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    Join the party Tessa, I can't stand the stuff, makes my life miserable the entire time it is here with us.... Grrrrr....

Jaded

10. sith_lord21

Sep 29, 2002
    not me! i love snow snowball fights, skying, snowboard, sledding, cancel of school, and stuff

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Just finished Bounty Hunter tonight for gamecube. I gotta tell ya, it's the best game I have ever played, and had the most fun with. Excellent story, loved the vignettes, and it tied everything in nicely with the SW tiem line. An A++ in my books.

12. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    You are so right. I have it for PS2. Haven't beaten it yet(I'm on Jungle Trek)but I love it too.I heard Clone Wars was good too. What Star Wars games does anyone have?

13. slappy

slappy Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    As an avid gamer and SW fan I have every game since Atari 2600's ESB (except for the PSX & PS2 games, Playstation is EVIL, all other SONY is just fine) and I have loved them all. Jedi Outcast on the Cube is flat out awesome.

Anyone else find it odd that given the chance for a random posting the group has reverted back to SW? Just saying...

14. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    Um, [face_plain] why is playstation evil? And second of all how do you have every Star Wars game since the original? :confused:

15. slappy

slappy Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    First, the Playstation issue. I was raised on Atari, moved onto Nintendo, actually bought a Sega 32X for the Star Wars Arcade game but remained very much anti-Sega. Then came Playstation. The system almost single handedly destoryed Nintendo and set it so far back that it's hard to see a possible future where Nintendo is King again. My hate for Playstation is born of my love for Nintendo.

As for my games, here is what I know I have, I don't have every version of every game but I have at least 1 version of every game not PS exclusive (I think... I might be missing 1 or 2):

Atari 2600: ESB, SW: Jedi Arena
    Atari 5200: RotJ: Death Star Battle
    NES: SW, ESB
    Gameboy: SW, ESB, RotJ
    Gameboy Color: SW: Ep.1 Obi-Wan Advent.
    SNES: Super SW, Super ESB, Super RotJ
    Sega 32X: SW Arcade
    PC: X-Wing (original, Imp. Pursuit, B-Wing, Alliance), SW Chess (actually an old ripped copy, don't tell anyone), TIE Fighter (original, Def. of Emp.), Dark Forces (original, DFII: Jedi Knight, Mys. of the Sith), Yoda Stories :), Rebal Assualt (I & II), X-Wing vs. TIE (original & Balance of Power), SW Monopoly, SW Rebellion, SW Force Commander, SW: Ep. I: Gungan Frontier, SW: Ep. I: PM, SW: Galactic Battle. (original, Clone Camp. & Saga)
    N64: Shadows of the Empire, SW: Rouge Squad., SW: Ep. I: Battle for Naboo, SW: Ep. 1: Racer
    Gamecube: SW: Bounty Hunter, SW: Jedi Outcast, SW: Clone Wars, SW: Rouge Leader
    XBOX: SW: Obi-Wan, SW: Jedi Starfighter, SW: Starfighter SE

And the crown jewels of my entire SW collection: free standing arcade consoles of Return of the Jedi and the old vector line Star Wars. Both aquired three years ago.

How do I have these? I've been a gamer for a VERY long time and a SW fan even longer. To me it's not "how do I have them" but "how could I not have them."

As I type I'm looking at the money I've saved in order to buy an arcade console of SW Triology Arcade.

Any questions?

16. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    WOOOOOOW!That is really amazing slappy. Conveniently the new Star Wars Insider that just came out lists all the Star Wars video games that were ever made so I decided to put you to the test. You have listed 48 games. There are 72 listed in Insider. 6 of which are either Playstation, PS2, or Dreamcast exclusive. I don't know if you have something against Dreamcast too but you are missing 18 non PS/Dreamcast games. 1 game (Star Wars Galaxies) hasn't come out yet and I think you intend to get that.

I have collected quite a bit of legos myself. I have collected 1,2,3...ah 53 lego Star Wars models. Here is my list:
    Episode 1:14:Gungan Sub, Gungan Patrol, Jedi Defense 1&2, Watto's Junkyard, Anakin's Podracer, Flash Speeder, AAT Battle Tank, MTT, Naboo Swamp, Desert Duel, Naboo Starfighter, Droid Starfighter, Mini Podrace,

Episode 2:7:Jango Fett's Slave 1, Jedi Starfighter, Coruscat Chase, Geonosian Starfighter, Hangar Duel, Tusken Attack, Special Edition Naboo Starfighter (yes that is Episode 2), Mini Asteroid Chase.

Classic:22:Luke Skywalker Han Solo Boba Fett Minifigure Set, Chewbacca and 2 Scout Troopers Minifigure Set, Final Duel 1&2, AT-ST, Ewok Attack, Endor Attack, Jabba's Message, Jabba's Prize, Luke's Landspeeder, Droid Escape, Slave 1, Twin Pod Cloud Car, X-Wing fighter, Y-Wing fighter, B-Wing fighter, TIE fighter, Vader's TIE fighter, Imperial Shuttle, Mini Snwospeeder and AT-ST, MiniVader's TIE fighter and X-WIng, Mini TIE Bomber.

Characters: all 9: Darth Vader, Jango Fett, Stormtrooper, Super Battle Droid, Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid, Pit Droid, C-3PO, R2-D2.

Pens:1: Jango Fett.

I also have 2 non-Star Wars models: Naval Battle Ship and a Drag Race. These I use to soup up a couple of Star Wars models by stripping them down to their bare essential parts and use those pieces as spare parts.

To my knowledge I am missing about 20-25 Star Wars lego models both current and discontinued. I think that your video game collection is much more amazing than mine. Good luck finding the rest of the games.

17. slappy

slappy Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    I don't have my copy with me but I think the Insider lists multiple games multiple times depending on WHEN it was released for different systems. Also, I think they showed re-issues like the collector's CD releases (TIE Fighter, X-Wing, etc.) as seperate games. But, yes, I do have something against Sega Dreamcast. :) Nintendo Boy, born and raised.

That is one damn impressive collection you have there. I have a few situated around my bedroom but it is laughable compaired to yours.

18. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    Thank you again Slappy. How about that new Insider? I loved the Clone Wars story and the Galaxies character bios. How did you like them?

19. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    There is this guy in ROTJ when Boushh and Chewie come into Jabba's Palace who is wearing a Jedi robe. Does anyone know who he is? I tried e-mailing Insider, but they didn't answer. If anyone knows, PLEASE let me know. I have been dieing to know.

20. Hobbie107

Hobbie107 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Work it harder, make it better , do it faster, Makes us stronger. -Daft Punk

Summer is almost here everyone. -Me

PLanes fly - ME
    Star Wars is a life not a Hobbie- ME lol :)

21. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    OK. Something random.

In the film Citezen Kane, at his lair of Xanadu, the background used a lush matt painting with images of birds flying in the background. Well, in old Hollywood they'd reuse other films' mattes, etc. Because of cost. Well, for Xanadu, the matte painting was from...an old dinosaur film and the birds are really pteradactyls!

How's that for random?

I have more random useless movie facts somewhere. Don't worry, you'll oprobably hear more random useless stuff as time goes by.

:)

-Cephas

22. Hobbie107

Hobbie107 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    If Jango wanted an unaltering clone. How did Boba grow up? I was just wondering. Probably really obvious answer too.

23. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    The new issue of Star Wars: Republic just came out today and it features an epic 64 page length story about a part of the Clone War taking place on Kamino. It's an awesome story that takes place 2 months after the second film. The artwork on the whole is flawless and features Obi-Wan, Anakin and Master Ti, Secura, the Mon Calimari and Advanced Recon Clone Troopers who were personally trained by Jango himself! It's 599 credits and worth the price of admission.

Cephas

24. Hobbie107

Hobbie107 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Hey I figured out how to change my options and put in my signature (sp). YAY for me. No I don't have to keep writing it.

25. Hobbie107

Hobbie107 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Duh. I wasn't even thinking about it. Boba Fett is the same exact things as Jango Fett. It's just that he wasn't altered to grow up FASTER!!! Duh, sometimes I even scare myself. Any THat's my randomness (is that a word) for now. Chow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.