main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Random

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dango, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dango

Dango Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    This thread is pretty much supposed to be non-topic specific. you can just go on here and ask a question or something that doesnt fit in any of the other threads and you dont have to start a new thread just to ask a simple question. Or else you can post a question on here and people can just private message you back the answer. For example i was wondering if anybody knew if the DVD's will be released as the original versions of the movies or if they will be the special editions?

This is just an idea.

2. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Special Edition.

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Sadly, yeah. :(

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I am sad that Greedo shoots first, but thrilled about all the expanded X-wing footage... sad about the loss of the Yub Yub song, thrilled about the revision of the sound and some of the effects... I guess we just have to take the good with the bad.

Anyone know anywhere I can get my hands on a copy of the Phantom Edit? :D

*Derisa*

5. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Phantom Edit...I'd love to see that someday, just for comparison's sake.

As for the DVD, yeah, we have to take the good with the bad...but it's a DVD. What an optimum opportunity to include the original footage in the bonus material, or better yet, have a split-screen option so you can watch both editions side-by-side and compare and contrast!

6. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Side by side comparisons: that would be way way cool. :)

*Derisa*

7. obiwan_kurtnobi

obiwan_kurtnobi Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2004
    Hey,
    Just thought I'd start a new discussion, about the new title for episode 3 I assume by now everyone has heard . So what does everybody think ? Personally I'm stoked sounds cool & works with the reaccuring theme George is working on.
    Kurt
    Ps also my sources at work are telling me that the new OT dvd's will feature further alterations to the original films to help better link up the Old Trilogy to the new. Any way I can say my sources are reliable but only to a point.

Kurt
    Ps I avoided actually writing out the episode 3 title on purpose so as not to spoil it for those who don't want to know. I f you want to check it out go to starwars.com you can't miss it.

8. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Yeah: I love the title. I think it's a great tie in to the original one for ROTJ. I only hope they can delve into what exactly it is the Sith need revenge for, you know? That's always puzzled me. :)

Great to see you again, Kurt! When do we get to meet the Lady Jedi?

*Derisa*

9. Dango

Apr 8, 2004
    I was wondering if anybod had a copy of the scripts for A New Hope and Return Of The Jedi because I have a copy of those scripts that i got off the internet somewhere inbetween 10 and 8 years ago. The first page of ANH says it's from the Journal of Whills and is the Revised Fourth Draft january 15, 1976 and it has the whole Biggs and luke sequence and some other stuff that's not in the movies (I think, I only own the original version and not the SE). The Return of The Jedi script is supposed to be from the novel by george lucas(but he didn't write the novel unless they mean story) and it's supposed to be the 2nd draft-December 19, 1982, It doesnt have much extra just an extended part where Ben's spirit talks to luke on Dagobah after yoda dies. So i was just wondering if somebody could tell me something about these. Thanks.

10. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    F.Y.I. Alan Dean Foster co-wrote A NEW HOPE with George Lucas. Too bad George didn't ask him to write EMPIRE and JEDI as well. Especially JEDI! Man, was that the sappiest --- well.

Anyway, although I'm not too keen on ADF's work, HOPE was well written.

Which is more than can be said for some of the post and pre-trilogy novels. There's a story I could tell you about CRYSTAL STAR --- Briana and discussed it over Dim Sun on Monday.

11. Dango

Apr 8, 2004
    Is it me or did these boards all of a sudden become dead. Maybe it has something to do with it being the last week of summer.

12. DARKSIDE-DAVE

DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2004
    I agree. Come on people :) STAR WARS is on DVD in 17 Days!!!!!! (from this date) ;) this is a good time for us waiting for the day surely someone can express how YOU feel-Not tryin to be pushy! :)
    Dave

13. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Remember the original title for ROTJ was Revenge of the Jedi (until a young fan pointed out that Jedi aren't supposed to seek revenge) I think it's a wonderful stroke and proves that George indeed does not throw away good ideas. So with that in mind, do you suppose we'll finally get to see a whole tribe of Wookiees in battle?

14. Dango

Apr 8, 2004
    I think a tribe of wookies in battle would be awesome, and if they don't have that happen in ROTS they should do something like the spin offs with the Ewoks, not the cartoons, but like The Battle For Endor and The Caravan Whatever I forgot the title. Those movies were pretty cool although short.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.