Randy Johnson possibly coming back to Arizona!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Armenian_Jedi, Dec 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The good thing about this is that he's out of NY. I saw him pitch twice, and he sucked both times. He should just retire.
  2. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Why retire when he's so close to 300 wins? He may not be the same, but if he's so close, there's no point in giving up.
  3. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    but at his age, he is more prone to injury. there comes a time when health comes before a record.
  4. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He has the rest of his life to rest: I don't think he's gonna be paralyzed or get an aneurysm if he pitches for two more years. And when you consider Jamie Moyer got a two year contract from the Phillies, anyone can pitch in the NL.

What, are you pissed he won't be in pinstripes for 300? Boo hoo.
  5. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    What, are you pissed he won't be in pinstripes for 300? Boo hoo.

"The good thing about this is that he's out of NY. I saw him pitch twice, and he sucked both times. He should just retire."

I don't think thats the case...
  6. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I honestly don't think she's looking out for his welfare. She's just a little bitter is all (but it's not as if the Yankees were really burned when they traded for him).
  7. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    No, I think the Yankees got the better of the deal, easily.

And I'm saying that without knowing who the prospects are that they get in return :p
  8. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Are we talking about the first or second trade? :p

The first one (2004) was a three-way deal with the Dodgers, wasn't it? I know Arizona got Javier Vasquez (and spent all of one season there) from the Yankees, but I'm not sure the other prospects the Yankees gave up then have turned into anything.

As for this one, the deal-maker for the Yankees was Ross Ohlendorf, a pretty good sinkerballer (maybe the Dbacks felt Webb was enough).
  9. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Oops, yeah, I was thinking about this trade, not the Arizona to Yankees trade.

I don't remember enough of the first trade to say who has gotten the better of that deal, but I think the Yankees will end up better for this one.
  10. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The Yankees made the best decision in the world getting rid of Johnson. Both times I saw him, he got massively booed by the crowd, and I defintly joined in. Whoever they get in return has got to be better than him.
  11. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    He had a winning record, I honestly don't know what Yankees fans are bitching about.
  12. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Winning record isn't good enough. Winning percentage needs to be at least .667 (preferably .750), ERA under 3, WHIP under 1, etc, etc

:p
  13. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We're complaining about the fact, that he wasn't worth the money. And that he's very selfish. He was clearly tired, and yet still refused to go to the bullpen. That cost the Yankees more than one game.
  14. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    And yet, Yankee fans seem to have no problem gushing over A-Rod.
  15. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We just bash A-Rod cause its fun.
  16. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I know all about that one. ;)
  17. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Bashing A-Rod I've come to the conclusion makes a boring game more interesting. I've sat through some pretty boring games, at least you know when A-Rod steps up to the plate and strikes out, you have some excitement.
  18. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    So the Yanks are paying him so he can put people in the seats to boo him?
  19. JediANGELA Jedi Grand Master

star 6

huh?

A-Rod also has yet to prove himself. He hasn't shown us in NY yet what he's truly capable of, and until he does he'll just get booed.
  20. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Yeah, I mean, he's never had a MVP-caliber season in NY or anything.

But thats not what this thread is about.
  21. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did it really come to that in the second half of the season? It's a little late to even consider that, no? Ideally, he should have just been shut down.
  22. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm happy for the Diamondbacks! That means he'll get blasted by the Giants as he has always done before.
  23. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's really all about postseason play. If you suck in the postseason you get booed. That's just the way it is. As for the people who booed A-Rod in the regular sesason...well their just ******* morons. :)

Rogue...Jedi: I totally hear ya, man. Randy is 42 years old right? Having back problems. Clemens is 44 with no problems at all. YO CASHMAN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~
  24. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I can't wait to see what the state of the Yankees will be, should a salary cap ever be introduced to MLB.
  25. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I doubt we'll see a salary cap or anything more than the luxury tax, although that might be stiffened somewhat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.