main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rank Star Wars Titles

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Articulate, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. Attack of the Clones
    4. The Phantom Menace
    5. A New Hope
    6. The Empire Strikes Back
    7. The Last Jedi
    8. The Force Awakens

Visivious Drakarn likes this.
  2. Ray Donahue

Ray Donahue Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2017
    1. The Phantom Menace
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. A New Hope
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. The Last Jedi
    8. The Force Awakens
    9. Rogue One

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Star Wars is a great title. Short, memorable, descriptive, evocative. It's better without the subtitles, which have been hit-or-miss.

cubman987 likes this.
  4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Right, if we weren't including the subtitles "Star Wars" would probably be number 1 for me, it's such a great movie title.

Anyways here is my list (just the saga films):

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. The Last Jedi
    5. The Force Awakens
    6. A New Hope
    7. The Phantom Menace
    8. Attack of the Clones

Bazinga'd likes this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    1) The Phantom Menace
    2) The Empire Strikes Back
    3) Attack of the Clones
    4) Revenge of the Sith
    5) Return of the Jedi
    6) A New Hope
    7) Rogue One
    8) Solo
    9) The Force Awakens
    10) The Last Jedi

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  6. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    The Good
    The Phantom Menace: Great title for a real tragedy disguised as a feel good movie
    Return of the Jedi: I like that it has more than one meaning
    Rogue One: More than one meaning again. It is like Square One for the Rebellion.
    A New Hope: Describes a feeling instead of an object

The Empire Strikes Back: I almost like it because it is misleading. Not to the story, but to the feeling going into the movie. A New Hope laid some seeds, but they just felt like filler exposition. Star Wars is just a back and forth fight between the good guys and the bad guys. TESB essentially fed off that soon to be misconception. It was about to become a larger story where the previous "serial" mattered immensely. No reset to zero.

The M'eh
    Revenge of the Sith: It works and is a play off the original RotJ title, but it just seems lazy. I don't hate it. It fits for Palpatine. Not so much for Anakin. But you do have to be careful with Star Wars titles. It is good that they don't try to sound too clever by half like many associate with Sci-Fi jargon.

The The
    The Force Awakens: When did it take a nap? I don't hate it, but it doesn't sound like it fits either.

The Last Jedi: It is like a troll that didn't work. Nobody thought the Jedi were going away. At the absolute worst, even the gloomiest prediction from the title was that the Light Side would continue, but under a reworked and renamed Order. And even that was not taken seriously (Disney throwing out defining terms they just bought). Should have just added the ? mark at the end. Tune in to find out.

Face Palm / No, what's the "real" title
    Attack of the Clones: Just too literal, while at the same time missing the mark. Unlike TESB, it can't play that simple bad v. good guys misdirection twice. The title probably should have been closer to Yoda's closing speech about darkside veils dropping and false victories.

Solo: Just no creativity whatsoever. It might pick up points if Han Solo isn't even his real name. He doesn't need anybody (that isn't covered head to toe in hair)

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Titles I like, in no particular order: Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens, Rogue 1, The Last Jedi

Meh: A New Hope, Revenge of the Sith, Solo

Don't like: The Empire Strikes Back, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones

8. Gembo

Gembo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2017
    1. The Phantom Menace
    2. Rogue One
    3. The Force Awakens
    4. A New Hope
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Empire Strikes Back
    7. The Last Jedi
    8. Return of the Jedi
    9. Attack of the Clones