main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rank The Indiana Jones Saga

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Doom Trooper, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrDre

DrDre Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 6, 2015
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Last Crusade
    Temple of Doom
    Kindom of the Crystal Skull

2. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002

He (Ford) flat-out said he'll be involved if/when Indy 5 gets made. Otherwise, it's not getting made at all.

3. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Oh. Didnt know that. Thanks!

4. Doom Trooper

Doom Trooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2014
    And Spielberg also said he won't make it without Ford.

5. BadCane

Oct 28, 2015
    well, I guess they're saying that Indy IS Ford. No new actor in the horizon.

6. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    It seems Spielberg outright refuses to make it if Ford won't return.

7. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    1. The Last Crusade
    2. The Temple of Doom
    3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
    <
    <
    4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

While Raiders is indeed a great film, I feel it is a bit overrated. My big problem is that it loses too much kinetic energy for too long after one of the best action scenes in film history (the truck hijacking sequence). In fact, it has zero kinetic energy for the rest of the movie. TOD and TLC have some of John Williams best work. TOD plays like an opera along the line of SW. KOTCS doesn't deserve as much hate as it gets, but unfortunately I don't think it rises to the standards of the first three, though I do like it enough to own it on blu ray and not pretend that it doesn't exist.

Sarge likes this.
  8. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    Wholeheartedly agree about TOD and TLC having some of John Williams' best music. Especially The Slave Children's Crusade from TOD.

Sarge likes this.
  9. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    I can't see anybody playing Indy but Ford, he has an one-of-a-kind personality. Hopefully 5, if it happens, will have a similar feel to raiders or temple of doom.

10. BadCane

Oct 28, 2015
    I think they'll learn from TFA that playing safe is the best way, moneywise. No more aliens in an Indy movie. [face_laugh]

11. GLStarWarsSaga

GLStarWarsSaga Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Last Crusade
    Temple of Doom
    Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I like all the movies, though there are some things that I really don't like in ToD and KoTCS.

Sarge likes this.
  12. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014

I hope so, too. I know Crusade is a favorite of many but I'd love for the final film to be harder-edged like the first two.

13. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    There have been statements from Spielberg I think saying there will be no Indy without Harrison. However don't Disney own it now? So if they want to make an Indy movie in the future without the beards or Harrison then surely they can.

14. DanMG

DanMG Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2015
    Will George Lucas be involved in a new Indiana movie?

15. JediART05

JediART05 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2015
    Crusage
    Raiders
    Skull
    Temple

xezene likes this.
  16. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014

I'd imagine Spielberg can get the final say.

17. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014

I'd imagine likely so.

18. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    They all have value in varying quantities (though I still think the trilogy had a fitting conclusion and didn't need a 4th entry...), but the one I love for simply so much fun factor is The Last Crusade. It's just a joyride the whole time, it's paced so well. It reminds me of Return of the Jedi actually... pure swashbuckling adventure, great character humor, and some life lessons thrown in for good measure. :p I just love it!

Sarge likes this.
  19. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    The first three Indy films and Star Wars OT share some interesting parallels when you think about it.

20. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    Spielberg is likely to still return to direct, but how would you feel about J.J. Abrams also doing an Indy film? I loved his work on TFA and think he could do Indy justice as well.

21. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Not a fan of JJ tbh. I enjoy his work but more as fun popcorn films I'll forget in a few months. TFA was aight but wasn't what I was expecting after an epic like ROTS. Hopefully the next two sequels can flesh it out. JJ will probably make a too safe Indy film which maybe is needed in Mr. Ford's final film. I can dig a safe Indy film but I'm noticing a trend or pattern in JJ's work that shows he isn't a very creative director, to say the least. Maybe a Raiders of the Lost Ark Part 2 is needed. Who knows?

22. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    TFA and Super 8 are all I've seen of his. He at least can bring that adventure flare which would be vital for Indy 5.

23. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Hopefully. I hope he doesn't try to make it a nostalgic cash grab with Neo Nazis or something.

24. Darth Dobrolous

Darth Dobrolous Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't know. For me, Indy works well because of the Lucas story directed by Spielberg.

25. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    I agree, which is why it'd be best to stick with him. But Abrams' take on it could also be interesting.

AndyLGR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.