main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Rank The Indiana Jones Saga

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Doom Trooper, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Doom Trooper

Doom Trooper Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2014

I always got to wonder how the remainder of the series would've been if not for the backlash to TOD. It clearly affected the remainder of the series and had a big effect on TLC.

2. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    To think next month KOTCS turns 10, time has flown. It's grown on me a lot since I first saw it for sure. One of those films where time heals the initial wounds of disappointment.

3. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014
    I've seen some rank in the Young Indy series with the films. The reception is very hit and miss for YIJ but I've seen some say the better episodes are good enough to be rated alongside the films. I really want to see them again but unfortunately the DVDs are way overpriced. Plus I've also heard Lucas for whatever reason omitted the bookends featuring the older Indy in the modern age, which is such a silly idea.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  4. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    You can find a lot of them on YouTube. And yes, I agree that editing out the bookends was a dumb idea. Lucas gonna Lucas.

I like the series overall, despite some unwatchable bits. But I think Daredevils in the Desert is the only one that I'd rank at the same level as the movies. (It helps that it's a full hour and a half, which makes it feel more like a movie than the other stories).

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer Force Ghost star 6

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

PCCViking likes this.
  6. Doom Trooper

Jan 1, 2014

Seems not even Indy is safe from Lucas' editing, unfortunately. No idea why the bookends were omitted? Seems like such an unnecessary change to make.

7. oierem

oierem Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    According to wikipedia, the episodes were re-edited and combined into double-lenght episodes, thus eliminating the bookends.