main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rank the prequel novels best to worst

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Cloak of Deception -- the best so far by far. Action, politics, and it finally made me understand what the hell the point of TPM was.

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter -- Not a wonderful novel, but some great escapism and fast-paced action.

The Approaching Storm -- Some good character development, but not much happened and it took a long time happening.

Rogue Planet -- what can I say? Was there a point? Anakin was portrayed completely differently from any time else, although this isn't the author's fault, and it was kinda boring.

2. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

DEWORE-DEWKNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2002
    1) Darth Maul- Shadow Hunter

2) Rouge Planet

3)Approaching Storm

4) Jedi Quest

5)Cloak of Deception

3. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Ive never read Jedi Quest and am only half way through TAS, although I cant see it being better than CoD, which is, far and away, the best prequel novel to date. Id say DM:SH defintely gets a second place honorable mention. As for, RP, all I can say is...meh. I was indifferent about it either way.

4. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    I wasn't really including Jedi Quest or Jedi Apprentice, but if we are including the HQ hardcover, I'll put it dead last. Laughable! Hah!

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Rouge Planet-Ok, yet lacked sufficiant info

All other prequal books-suck, I hate the prequals.

6. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    Darth Maul: shadow hunter

cloak of deception

approaching storm

rogue planet

7. Jag_Fel

Jag_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    Just because Rogue Planet wasn't Indiana Jones pace action doesn't mean it wasn't an incredibly well written book. In fact, save for Zahn and Stackpole, it was the best star wars book I've read.

Rogue Planet

The approaching Storm

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

8. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Hey, 'Dude, you said you hate the prequels. Does your hatred extend beyond the EU, extending to the upcoming films... ?

Just curious.

9. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    I've enjoyed all five prequel-era novels to date, and I look forward to RA Salvatore's and Matt Stover's contributions to the line. My favorite to date is still Rogue Planet, and my least favorite is Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. I enjoyed the other three novels--Cloak of Deception, The Phantom Menace, and The Approaching Storm--about the same. Call them tied for second place.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the Jedi Quest comic more than the short novel (which I liked less than any of the adult novels). Pop Mhan's drawing style has appealed to me ever since Ghentz and cmulligan turned me into a Spyboy fan...

10. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    I've read Shadow Hunter and Cloak of Deception and of those two the former is definately my favorite. CoD was boring, IMO.

11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Well mostly the hatred is directed at Lucas(please dont kill me)

I just wanted to see the prequals done diferently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.