main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rank the Star Wars Films, TPM to The Last Jedi (Final Stats posted in Last Post)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Bazinga'd , Dec 12, 2017.

?

Which Film is Your Favorite

1. Episode I: The Phantom Menace

10 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Episode II: Attack of the Clones

9 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

42 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. Episode IV: A New Hope

24 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

65 vote(s)
    32.3%
  6. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

13 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. Episode VII: The Force Awakens

9 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

21 vote(s)
    10.4%
  9. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

8 vote(s)
    4.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I've been giving this a lot of thought recently. I'm usually really wishy washy when it comes to rankings but I think I've finally settled it:

1. The Last Jedi
    2. The Last Jedi
    3. The Last Jedi
    4. The Last Jedi
    5. The Last Jedi
    6. The Last Jedi
    7. The Last Jedi
    8. The Last Jedi
    9. The Last Jedi

Perfect!

2. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    By stupidity I mean Holdo keeping the plan a secret from Poe and the others for seemingly no reason (I'm not sure if it was explained in the novel but it didn't make sense in the movie), which caused Poe to try to hijack the plan (which at the moment seemed like no plan at all). If she would have told Poe and the others it most likely would have solved a lot of conflict.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Your avatar makes this post even funnier lol

4. ChillCaladbolg

ChillCaladbolg Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2017
    The reason was simple: she did not trust Poe with the information. She saw firsthand how his recklessness got a lot of heroes killed at the beginning of the movie, and took Leia’s last act of command seriously: demoting Poe to teach him a lesson. He was no longer in any position to know. This was all in the movie, haven’t touched the novel yet.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Outsourced and heels1785 like this.
  5. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    This was something that everybody on the ship should have known about. Keeping the information from everybody was very dangerous and would have been more successful had Holdo told Poe and everyone else.

6. ChillCaladbolg

Dec 31, 2017
    Why would you say that?

Clearly, Holdo was right to keep the information from Poe. When he found out, he had a fit and attempted mutiny, despite Holdo’s plan turning out to be their best option for survival in the end. If she had told him straight away, who knows what he would have done. What alternative they might have foolishly attempted. It could have been way worse.

Poe’s recklessness and lack of faith in Holdo ended up getting many of them killed when DJ sold out the Resistance. Something that wouldn’t have happened had Poe not sent Finn and Rose on their secret mission.

Poe was not in a trustworthy state, yet. It wasn’t until seeing the consequences of his actions, and the sacrifice Holdo was willing to make so that the rest of the Resistance could survive, that he finally understood what being a leader means. What it means to be responsible for all of your comrades’ lives.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    If Holdo had told Poe straight away, there'd have been no reason for him to mutiny, the ships wouldn't have been detected going to Crait, and Luke wouldn't be dead.

Poe's only trying to save the entire galaxy from the FO, something Holdo showed no signs of trying until the 'reveal' of her plan. That she didn't need to keep secret. Poe has supporters in the mutiny, so it's not like Poe's the only one kept in the dark. A sizable number of her own crew rebel against her, because she offers them nothing but the prospect of a slow death.

Poe wouldn't have lacked faith in Holdo if she had a single thing to make herself worthy of being trusted.

8. ChillCaladbolg

Dec 31, 2017
    No, Poe would have done everything in his power to change Holdo’s plan if she’d told him. Going behind her back. He’d have almost assuredly committed mutiny anyway.

Poe had the support of other crew members because they trusted and respected him. That’s the danger of letting him in on something he’ll so strongly disagree with like that, even though he’s in no (official) position to do anything beyond voice opposition. He’d have plenty of people on his side, whether it’s right or wrong. Given the situation, his earlier actions, he wasn’t trustworthy.

There was plenty of reason to trust Holdo, on the other hand. She was recognized as a hero already, and had earned her position as a Vice Admiral in Leia’s Resistance.

The problem was with Poe, who thought he knew better. He did the same thing to Leia at the start of the film, shutting off communications and disobeying her commands.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  9. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    ROTJ
    TPM
    AOTC/ESB
    ROTS
    ANH

RO

TLJ

TFA

10. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    1) TESB

2) R1

3) ROTJ

4) ANH

5) TPM and TFA

6) AOTC

7) ROTS and TLJ

11. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I think the formatting on your post messed up some. There are these weird gaps between some of the entries.

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Nope.

Those gaps are there to represent how I rank and feel about them-

13. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I know.

That was the joke.

14. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    1) ESB
    2) ANH
    3) RO
    4) ROTJ
    5) ROTS
    6) AOTC
    7) TFA
    8) TPM
    9) TLJ

15. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    LOL. Imagine actually believing this.
    No, there wasn't.
    No, she wasn't.
    No, she didn't.

16. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    ESB/ROTS
    ANH
    ROTJ/TPM
    AOTC
    RO
    Caravan of Courage/Spaceballs/The Holiday Special
    TLJ
    TFA

17. ChillCaladbolg

Dec 31, 2017
    Um, yes, she was and did? All of that information is there in the movie.

And even just going off of Poe’s terrible, irresponsible actions at the start of the movie, yes he would of. Why is it so hard for you guys to just accept that he was in the wrong, despite being a hero? It was his entire character arc in the film.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    PymParticles likes this.
  18. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  19. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    By the way, if we're going by purely entertainment, it would go:

Holiday Special

Everything else

20. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    1. A New Hope
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. The Last Jedi
    4. The Force Awakens
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Rogue One
    7. Return of the Jedi
    8. The Phantom Menace
    9. Attack of the Clones
    10. The Clone Wars

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  21. Cheebo86

Cheebo86 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 1, 2003
    It's sooooooo hard to pick between TLJ and ESB. Both are as perfect as SW films get. But here we go.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. The Last Jedi
    3. A New Hope
    4. The Force Awakens
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Rogue One
    7. Return of the Jedi
    8. The Phantom Menace
    9. Attack of the Clones

22. ABH1979

ABH1979 Jedi Padawan

Apr 23, 2018
    1. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - it was my first Star Wars movie and I love it.
    2. Episode IV: A New Hope - I'd argue that this is the BEST Star Wars movie, and it's my sometimes favorite, depending on how I feel that day.
    3. Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - I know this is the fan-fav, and I do really love it and the whole OT, but I just enjoy ROTJ and ANH a bit more.
    4. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - it's not OT-level, but I do enjoy it as supplemental info for ANH. The space-batlle over Scarif is amazing and I love the Tank trooper helmets
    5. Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (half of the movie) - I enjoyed most of the Rey, Kylo, Luke, and Snoke bits, some of the combat and visual effects.
    6. Episode VII: The Force Awakens - meh, the most middle-of-the-road SW movie. I liked the Falcon vs. the TIEs on Jakku, and I think the new characters are quite likable, but I don't really cart for much that happens in this movie.
    7. Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (the other half of the movie) - I loathe Canto Bight. I just can't. I want to like Rose, because Kelly Marie Tran is adorable -- I loved watching her excitement in doing all the press for the movie. I can only hope they give her bigger and better things to do in the next one. Finn was great in TFA -- likable and interesting -- not so much in TLJ, which is disappointing. Laura Dern and Oscar Isaac are great actors that deserve better -- that's all I'll say there.
    8. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - yeah, it's the best of the prequels, but still disappointing that after the first two, it could only improve that much.
    9. Episode I: The Phantom Menace - I actually like the pod-race (if you ignore/mute all of the race commentary).
    10. Episode II: Attack of the Clones - I enjoy the scenes on Kamino, but the rest of the movie is cinematic torture. Dex's Diner and the Night Club scene are just as bad as Canto Bight, to me.
    I'm hoping SOLO will be at least as good as Rogue One, if not a bit better...

23. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    1. The Phantom Menace 10/10
    2. Revenge of the Sith 10/10
    3. Attack of the Clones 9/10
    4. The Empire Strikes Back 8/10
    5. A New Hope 7/10
    6. Return of the Jedi 7/10
    7. The Clone Wars (film) 5/10
    8. Rogue One 5/10
    9. Solo 4/10
    10. The Force Awakens 3/10
    11. Ewoks: Battle for Endor 3/10
    12. Ewoks: Caravan of Courage 2/10
    13. The Holiday Special 1/10
    14. The Last Jedi 1/10

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    MS1, -LordSkywalker- and darkspine10 like this.
  24. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. The Last Jedi
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Force Awakens
    6. Rogue One
    7. Revenge of the Sith
    8. The Phantom Menace
    9. Attack of the Clones
    10. The Clone Wars

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I voted ROTS, but I'm waiting to rank until next weekend when I see Solo. I'm sure it won't be #1, but I'm interested to see where it'll fall!

Until one week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.