main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rank the top acting performances in Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ender_and_Bean, Dec 21, 2017.

1. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    1) Adam Driver - Kylo Ren - Just does an amazing Job of acting someone in such Turmoil...inner conflict....anger....fear....selfishness......doubtfulness....determination......he even looks like someone who is mentally troubled.....someone who barely sleeps....who is always on edge.....really brilliant

1) (joint top) Ian McDiarmid - Palpatine...... Does Sadistic perfectly....he's deceitful....twisted.....arrogant....hateable.....Scary....One of the best out and out "evil" performances in any movie

2) Mark Hamill - Luke - TLJ definitely accelerates him up to near the top - Plays Broken, Pessimistic, cynical, depressed amazingly well, you really feel how broken he is.... but then portrays the Dignified, restored....Jedi Master brilliantly as well

3) Alec Guiness - Obi-Wan
    4) Peter Cushing - Tarkin
    5) Daisy Ridley - Rey
    6) Harrison Ford - Han Solo
    7) Christopher Lee - Not a huge fan of the Character - But Christopher Lee is always a joy to watch
    8) Ewan McGregor - Obi-Wan
    9) Frank Oz - Yoda
    10) Domhnall Gleeson - General Hux

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    These are the best of the best. I'm not including voice performances. Also, the order would most likely change if I were to watch the entire saga again, but it's roughly in order.

1. Adam Driver as Kylo Ren
    Best performance: The Last Jedi
    2. Daisy Ridley as Rey
    Best performance: The Force Awakens
    3. Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker
    4. Ben Mendelsohn as Director Krennic
    Best performance: Rogue One
    5. Harrison Ford as Han Solo
    6. Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Best performance: Revenge of the Sith
    7. Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux
    8. Ian McDiarmid as Darth Sidious
    Best performance: Revenge of the Sith
    9. Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron
    10. Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn
    Best performance: The Phantom Menace
    11. Felicty Jones as Jyn Erso
    12. John Boyega as Finn
    13. Donnie Yen as Chirrut Îmwe
    14. Madds Mikkelson as Galen Erso
    15. Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa

Outsourced likes this.
  3. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    1.) Adam Driver- while I credit a lot of the appeal to Kylo in the writing, Adam Driver embodies him and brings it to life. He kills this character. I haven’t been so interested in a single character portrayal... I think, ever?
    2.) Ewan McGregor- He was the MVP of the PT. Alec Guinness, obviously. I loved watching interviews of Ewan describing how he tried to reenact Alec’s voice and emphasis; “hello there!”
    3.) Ian McDiarmid. Nothing I fault with his portrayal, I just feel like I can’t rank him higher with not as much screen time as the others.
    4.) Mark Hamill- TLJ... wow. I wouldn’t have him in the top 4 without this movie.
    5.) Daisy Ridley- I love her. I love Rey. Enough said.
    6) Harrison Ford- oozes charisma.
    7.) Liam Neeson
    8.) Felicity Jones
    9.) Ben Mendelsohn
    10.) Hayden Christensen- not gonna lie, this is a little conflicting. I think he was given a bit of a short stick, and I cringe at some things he delivers. However, there’s a few parts in ROTS that sells it for me and outweighs a lot of bad.