main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Rant Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheDarknessX, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    All right I know we all have something to just RANT about so here is a thread just for that even if its not Star Wars related!

2. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    I HATE todays T.V. programming I remember when T.V. was actually worth watching!
    The late 90's had some great shows but now a days we have all this "reality tv"
    and unrealistic programs like the new Tarzan show and that one on fox thats just a Romeo and Juliet rip off and dont get me started on "The OC" thats beyond garbage!

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I hate cutting logs.

Not really cutting them. Just knocking the tree down with my bare hands, and wedging it between two other trees to snap it in half.

I hate doing that, oh, twenty..thirty times in a row. And then I hate carrying all those logs in one trip via wheelbarrow-uphill- to build a big ol' bonfire.

I hate that I'm obsessive.

And I hate it for your sakes that, if you should happen to want to build a small fire around the campsite, that you're going to have to get your butts there early and find your own firewood. I built the big one. The smaller one is up to you!

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And I hate this blasted "Script Error" window that pops up every time I open a new page on the boards. That really ticks me off.

If I wanted to debug, I'd call an exterminator.

5. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I've got a couple of things to rant on. #1 I hate getting up in the morning. I hate driving to work and being tired all day. Especially on mondays and of course all the days that follow. I mean why can't bosses be a little more considerate? I mean if you go through the effort of staying out til 1 or 2 in the morning and then getting up to go into work they should at least let us catch a nap in a back room right?

#2 I hate trying to park for the fair, an then I hate my car being towed just because I left it in the walgreens parking lot for a couple of hours. (btw I hate walgreens) And I hate getting ripped off by the towing companies who want to charge me $175 for them towing my car and inconviencing me. It's just plain wrong. I mean after I handed over the cash to them it felt like I had just been violated by a large scary woman named Helga. And another thing, why can they only accept cash? What's that about? Seems a little shady to me. Maybe I should go by a tow truck and start randomley towing peoples vehicles and then charging them money for it.

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Ouch. Add 'parking' to the list of reasons why I don't go to the Fair anymore.

I hate First Grade homework - maybe even more than my First Grader hates it. I've been to school already. I have a diploma.....two of them.....with honors even!

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm just not having a lot of fun at work these days. :mad:

I deal with really high execs (EVPs and Directors) and am tired of the corporate Bull****. I have an ulcer and borderline high blood pressure for this amount of money?!? :confused: [face_plain]

Oh, and REALITY TELEVISION SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    The only "reality TV" shows that I watch are things like Trading Spaces and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

Job stress s*cks. I just read an article in this month's Reader's Digest by a nurse who is 'blowing the whistle' on the job of bed-side ICU nursing. It was really good. I doubt it will make any difference in our healthcare system, but I can show it to the next person who thinks my job is cushy because I "only work 3 days" a week. [face_plain]

9. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I hate trying to find Drive-In Movie Night locations and miss my turn when there's a guy with his brights on behind me, or when there's heavy fog, or I've got the map upside down...

Oh, well- at least I finally found it and it was all worth it!

Lin

10. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    Well, I hate...I hate...

Oh crap, I hate when I forget what I hate!!!

Chad

11. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    I LOATHE the parking at the University of Memphis. Morons can't do simple math! 2-300 people, parking lot of 20. What's the problem with this picture? HOW ABOUT ALL THE FOLKS GETTING TICKETS BECAUSE THE U of M is retarded about parking!!

-Darth Grace*

12. TheDarknessX

Nov 3, 2002
    Rant time! Ok so its more of a whine! I hate this bad depressing funk I get into right after Halloween! I know that Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years is coming but its like the best holiday is over... Halloween. It really sucks when I get that alone feeling when the Holidays are coming. I am grateful for my family and without then I would be nothing but its just the lack of hanging out with friends like you guys that sucks! I know everyone gets real busy during the holidays but I just really start missing the group as a whole and the times we all had this summer and Halloween just marks the end of that time we all had! I really look forwards to our meetings and I just hope we can all get together a bit more this coming holiday season to celebrate each other! I will stop crying now... (whimper)

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Awwww, Sal.... You know I'll be there for you, bud.

I do hate how hectic the holiday season gets. It seems sometimes like we have no time to enjoy the season for all of the crap we have to do. That's why we went ahead and scheduled the Christmas Party.

14. TK1427

TK1427 Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2003
    I hate that I'm the only active 501st member in Memphis. I hate that none of the other 501st members will come here to do anything.

I hate that I've been unemployed since April. I hate that if I do get a job it will be a $h1t job that doesn't pay very much or be worth it as a career.

I hate that me and my family has to live with my in-laws because I can't support them.

I could go on for hours but I think I'll stop before the guys with the straight jacket come.

"There coming to take me away ha ha !!!"

15. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Ok- now between that and a whimpering Sal I'm depressed! I hate it when I get depressed!

I am glad I do get to hang out with you guys/gals. Drive In Movie Nights are a blast, and it's been a long time since I've had that much fun at MSC! Looking forward to the Christmas party!!!

Bear happy...

Lin

16. Ellen_Griswold

Ellen_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    I hate it when you find a semi-intelligent thread and then all the grown-ups disappear and the place is hijacked by 15 yr-olds who know everything about life, relationships, marriage, etc. etc. <roll eyes>

Do you ever just want to post, "Does your mommy know that you're on the computer this late?" [face_devil]

ARRGGHH!!!

OK - got that out of my system. And no, I'm not referring to anything here at the SMT, LOL.

17. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I hate it when I end up talking to myself in 5 different threads. 8-}

18. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    You, too?!

19. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Tracy the thread killer!!!! [face_laugh]

I've been there myself. I think my record is two months.... [face_plain]

20. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Can I just say again how much my job sucks to hell right now????

21. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    You, too?!

22. Clark_W_Griswold

Clark_W_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Me three...

Mr. Shirley is a pain in the butt.

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    This is the type of crap that makes me want to bash my head against the monitor (or someone else's)...

I hate these "fan against fan" type things, but alas there are those (case in point below) who feel you can't like one character without bashing the hell out of another, you can't just like SW, you have to take sides.... and I think these particular fans are why I dislike the character mentioned below... Good Lord!!! [face_plain]

There is one guy on there, that like Obi_Wan just a little too much me thinks....

Obi Wan EPIII Discussion

24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Reminds me of a recent Mara vs. Callista debate in Lit. Move on people. Live in the now.

25. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    So who do you think would win in a fight- the Hulk or Superman? (pushes taped glasses back into place...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.