main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Rant Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheDarknessX, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    *snort laugh* The Hulk totally rocks, duuude!

2. Ellen_Griswold

Ellen_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Aw, no way! You can't beat a guy who's wearing blue tights.....you just can't!! [face_laugh]

3. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    I can't tell you how many times I've overheard conversations like that at comic shops! It would be different if they were discussing RPG's, but if you've ever seen the opening and closing scenes in 'Chasing Amy'...it's way too realistic!

4. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I have been in many conversations like that actually, but I think Hulk would win.

5. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    "Don't make me angry, Mr. McGhee, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry..."

6. Clark_W_Griswold

Clark_W_Griswold Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Well, I'm am more than assuming my chosen name this holiday season. I'm about one more disaster away from taking someone hostage with a pellet gun and forcing them to ride a roller coaster. I have become Clark W. Griswold, and not just because of my talent with exterior illumination.

I got my bonus, which was two grand short of last year's check. That's a $2000 pay-cut I took, and no explanation was given whatsoever. My goal is to be working elsewhere no later than March 1st.

My guests may not make it due to health problems, meaning that I may have to eat the airfare. (Don't get me wrong, I really want them to make it, and not because I'm a cheap buttwad. Y'all know me. I'm not a cheap buttwad. Right? Uh. Right?!?)

Traci's cell phone was stolen.

I can't get my DV editing software to work well, and I only have three nights to get my project done.

And, of course, bills, bills, bills. I'm not Santa Claus this year at all. I can't even afford to be an elf.

I'm one disaster away from something involving a SWAT team.

If anyone needs me this holiday season, you'll find me curled up in the fetal position in the corner of my bathroom. (Yes, behind the door.)

7. Clark_W_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    All that, and where the hell is my holiday icon??

8. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    I hear ya, Clark. I was out sick yesterday and Monday, and when I came into work today all hell had broke loose! It seems this is the second receptionist in a row that's been skimming money from the company! It's a mess around here- almost like a freaking Jerry Springer show!

I just want to go back home and curl up on the couch...

9. Clark_W_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    Poor, poor, Lin. God bless you for coming out on Saturday night. I could tell you weren't feeling all that great.

And the same to Rhonda, too. She was a bit under the weather as well.

I'm home today. I woke up feeling like death warmed over. Traci was sick Monday, and I caught her bug.

10. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Hey, it happens everytime the weather goes haywire around here.

Which brings me to another rant- I HATE MEMPHIS WEATHER! I swear, my sinuses go nuts each time the weather flip-flops. The cold, dampness of downtown didn't help Saturday. I think if I had skipped it I wouold have been ok, but NOOOOOOOO! I had to walk down Beale in the drizzle...

Couch, I'll be home soon!

11. Clark_W_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    I'm sick of this weather, too, Lin. I wish it would make up its mind and either get warm or stay cold.

And would it hurt for us to have a white Christmas?

12. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    I know- last week I was freezing my tail off and yesterday I was walking around in a t-shirt and jeans. I had to take my zip-sweat off because I was burning up OUTSIDE! If it'll stalike this for a few weeks I won't complain- I'm just hoping it doesn't drop again this weekend or I'll probably get sick all over again!

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I wake up every second day with a scratchy throat and sinus headache....

Today it was raining and humid... can you beat that???? My friend in Wisconsin called to tell me they had an inch of snow and it was 30 degrees.... I hate Wisconsin... :(

14. Clark_W_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    Frickin' cheeseheads.

EDIT: I shouldn't be so blasted politically incorrect. It's not their fault that they get snow and we have no real winter at all. I'll ammend my statement:

Frickin' Cheddar-heads.

15. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Growing up in Utah (frickin' Mormons!) I LOVED snow, and we even got it up until May some years. Since I moved back here I've gotten wimpy when it comes to Memphis winters. I guess I wouldn't mind the snow if it didn't come with the ice, would last more than a day, wouldn't be 60 degrees the day before and/or after, and wouldn't freak out the Memphis drivers!

Frickin' Memphis drivers...

16. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I just wish the temperature would stay within 20 degrees of the day before. It got hot at our Christmas affair, maybe it was the two glasses of wine I had to deal with my mom, and she turned out to be fine, it was my grandma who asked - and I quote..."have you gained weight???"

17. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    Ouch!

Actually had a good time at my sister's. Maybe it was the lack of in-laws or being able to sleep late and watch the Disney Christmas parade before heading up that made it better this year!

Mom and I had a good time talking up there and back. It's about a 90min drive each way, so it was long enouogh to have a good conversation and catch up without driving each other nuts and wanting to drive the car into a ditch!

My rant this time is about freaking holiday drivers! I had a guy in a Jag come flying up on my a** while I'm doing a good 10+ over the speedlimit following my sister back to town! He put his lights on bright and rode my butt on a two lane road for about a mile before finally blowing past us with oncoming traffic headlights a few seconds up the road! Times like that I wish I had more insurance and a turbo tank with nitros!

Lin

18. Clark_W_Griswold

Dec 4, 2001
    ...Or a bazooka mounted on the trunk. I hate two-lane highways. I always get stuck behind someone going 15-20 mph under the speed limit. Of course, I like to drive 10-20 mph over the speed limit, so I guess that explains why they drive me nuts.

19. Ima_Toydarian

Jun 4, 2003
    "Give me ludicrous speed!"

20. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Can we talk about that stupid a$$ SOS thread in literature,please? Somebody please remind me not to go into this forum. I despise those people. They come off as very, very, very, very sanctimonious. They will be one of the 140,000 people to stay when the end comes.......... 8-} Not to mention they are in there extolling the virtues of ROTK and LOTR and how it makes you care about its characters unlike SW PT... Yeah, I cared that Frodo wasn't friggin throwing that ring in the @#$%&^% fire after 3 hrs. and 15 minutes! Get it over with already!

Good lord, someone needs to go in there with an ouzi.

Hallelujah, Holy S*&^, where's the tylenol?!?

So I check on this thread this am and find this... Anakin Skywalker in the EU and films and find out one of the main holier than thou posters that spouts off about what is and isn't right, gives life instructions, blah, blah, etc. is...

get this....

TWENTY years old?!? Give me a friggin' break... Did your roomie let you have time on the computer?

21. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_laugh] Go back a few pages in that thread and you'll find 15 yr-olds describing what constitutes a happy & healthy marriage. (And why my 2 favorite characters in the GFFA do not have a happy marriage 'cause they only got married for the sex.) <roll eyes> I rarely venture outside of the MJSFC.....for a reason. [face_plain]

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    This is why I don't go to those places. I had my fill of that crap a long time ago.

EDIT: I made the mistake of just reading thread titles in Community. Great Googly Moogly! Fanboys, the Clueless, and Kids- Oh, my!

Do their mommies know that they're up that late? I live in fear when any 14-year-old starts a thread involving anything that remotely connects SW to anything realistic, such as marriage, emotion, redemption, etc. I realize that they have such vast experience in those areas, and that I should just shut up and take comfort in their wisdom.

And if I hear anyone even mention ROTK in comparison to Episode III again, I may just snap. Howard the Duck was more entertaining that ROTK. And Howard only took 20 seconds to decide to save the whole planet from the Dark Overlords of the Universe, thereby stranding himself on Earth forever. Never did he stop and talk endlessly of eating strawberries on his little ducky alternate-universe version of Earth.

And Howard the Duck only lasted about 1 hour and 30 minutes, and it had Jeffrey Jones. Nothin' wrong with that. And, unlike ROTK, it was mildly entertaining.

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Here's my new rant...

Why for the love of God, can this man not be in my house everynite???

Luke's daddy be fine!!!! 8-} Oh yeah!

This...

[image=http://hayden.popbliss.com/nyc/nyc8.jpg]

+ Vader

= bliss. [face_laugh]

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Shouldn't that read "Luke Daddy", or at least "Padme BabyDaddy", Rhonda?

Come on, girlfriend.... Use proper Englishes here.

25. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I almost used the "Padme Baby Daddy by fine!!!" You go girlfrin, no wonder you got knocked up... [face_laugh]

Notice the new muscles, huh, huh???? Why do they do this to me when I have to go to work tomorrow. I need to get on the treadmill, maybe I'll print this out and put in front of me as enticment. [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.