main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Rant Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheDarknessX, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    You go girlfrin!

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I guess I'll whine here:

I am SO SICK of being sick! My head feels like it's full of lead, I can't talk, I'm exhausted but can't sleep because of the faucet of sinus drainage every time I lay down and I must need new glasses because this screen is getting blurry.

Pout, whine, moan, groan..... :_|

OK, I'm done now.

3. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Well, I'm down to coughing only about 3 or 4 times an hour now...hiopefully the weather will stay semi-constant for a bit so I don't have to do this all over again!

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, Lin, you ask too much of Memphis weather!

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Okay, going back and rereading the last page... I must have gotten a little excited... [face_blush](note to self, you are 34 yrs old.

I hate working late. :(

EDIT - and I HATE laptop keyboards. Why the frig is my cursor up there when I'm typing down here.... S@#$.

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You said it, Rhonda. I find myself typing away, and I'm doing nothing more than adding crap to the paragraph I typed five minutes ago. My thumb always ends up brushing against the touch-pad.

7. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yesterday I spent all lunch writing an email with CONtacts for Carlin and the MSC. When I got ready to send it, AOL told me I needed to log back in again. When I did I lost the ENTIRE email! I had to start over later...(note to self- ctrl+s often!)

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I absolutely hate it when that happens!! That has happened to me here on the boards a ton of times. I'll do a huge post and, BAM!, there's a screw-up with SnoBoard and I lose the whole damned thing. I've gotten into the habit of copying everything just in case.

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    So, would doing tequila shots while working on 1st grade homework be considered a bad thing?

O-M-G, you wouldn't believe the amount of #@$%^&*! homework that Emma has!! Tonight = 10 vocabulary words, read a book aloud, 10 spelling words, 2 memory sentences, 4 sentences using spelling words ("Anakin turned to the dark side of the Force; Darth Vader wore black; Harry Potter gave Dobby a sock; Luke brought Vader back from the Dark Side".......let's see what the 60 yr-old battle axe thinks about THAT!), 2 math worksheets, a 'do-over' reading comprehension sheet from class today, and a list of 3 library books that she read to us this week......NOT!!!

Geez! When the *^#! is she supposed to read library books to us?!? (When the *^#! am I supposed to take her to the library???) I'm ready to write a note to the teacher saying that she already spends 2 hours on homework and I refuse to add to it with freakin' library books.........SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

<This post brought to you by Jose Cuervo Reposado Tequila>

10. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    You go girl! It's time to have a chat with your school... What the hell, do they think she's a freshman in college?

When Jacob started grade school in optional schools, we had to take a breath, count to ten, and tell the school that we need family time and that a 7 yr-old didn't need the kind of stress they were pandering.

I'm serious, I'd send Tim up there tomorrow with a size-10 boot on. :mad:

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I didn't have this much homework in high school.

That old battle axe of a teacher of her's will consider herself lucky that I only wear an 8 1/2.

I was wanting to make up these horrible sentences that sounded like something from a Harlequin romance novel.

As far as her required reading, I'm going to start listing random books that she "read" to us, like "Valley of the Dolls", "The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty", "Cujo", "Our Body, Ourselves", and the May 1997 issue of "Hustler".

12. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    oh my God, that's hilarious (your mocking not the huge pile of homework) They really do give yu too much in grade school. I am amazed at how the hire n education I go the less homework I actually have.

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Amazing. The people who mod the official site are all complete jerks. Remind me never to post there again. I've been trying to get us some new members by posting around different SW forums. While I was at it, I was trying to see what it took to associate us with the official fan club as well. Apparently, they all want to be, well- male anatomy parts- about everything instead of acting civil. And don't bother complaining, because they all cover each other's backs quite well.

So, we now know where the mods and admins who get run off from TF.N go to die. Anyway, it's no loss. The offical site's message boards seem to....well...suck.

14. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    Homework?!!?!?!?! Never knew what that was...I didn't get homework from school until......(thinking)........(thinking and head is heating up )...........(thinking with smoke out the ears)................I guess college...yeah like I ever bought the books in the first place LOL!!! Your kids are going to be smart if they have that much homework in THE 1ST GRADE!!!!!

BS graduate....John

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I rarely did homework in High School, and graduated with a 3.5, which is probably why things sucked when I got to college.

Tonight's load had both Traci and I doing tequila shots. And the school's TCAP scores aren't any better than some area public schools. Time to find somewhere that isn't giving my 7-year-old an ulcer.

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Maybe you should get the teacher to do some shots!

Tim: Shoot me an email or PM and let me know what was up with the other boards...

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The teacher is so old that, well-

Dirt looks at her and says, "Damn, you're old."

One of those, "I've been teaching for 200 years and you can't tell me any different" types. Just because someone's been doing something for a long time doesn't necessarily mean they're good at it.

18. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    I can't stand being left in the dark all the time. Mom broke both of her ankles Monday, and no one bothered to call and tell me about it. I called home yesterday to find out where she had been for the past three days, and found out the above information plus that my entire family is pissed off at me because I didn't call. Now my mother and my grandmother think that I don't care about them anymore. If someone had just called me when it had happened, I would have called every ****ing five minutes to see if she were alright! But no, I find out after she had fallen down the stairs, gone to the emergency room, had surgery, and been discharged that she had been hurt.

I told mom this, but she said "No, it doesn't work that way. YOU have to call and find things out."

WHAT THE HELL?

I thought it was in the family contract to let everyone know when something has happened. I thought someone should have at least contacted me on Monday to make me aware.

It really hurt when mom said that. And I can't help but feel quite betrayed.

Am I wrong this time? Should I really be to blame about this? Am I just being stupid, like usual? Joy says no, but my family sure can make me believe otherwise. Everything I do, I do to make them happy. But it just seems that I can't do anything but screw up in their eyes. And the only person who ever really tried to comfort me at times like this is buried at Estes Church of Christ. He would have called me. I know he would have.

-Grace

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Grace: Someone should have called you. It's as simple as that. I go for weeks sometimes without talking to my mom and grandparents, but someone will call me if something goes wrong.

Sounds like you're getting an all-expenses-paid guilt trip from your mom and grandma. Don't take the ticket.

20. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Really Grace, I have friends that have mothers that are bad at that. It boils down to manipulation, which even my mom is stellar at...

I go weeks without calling my family - that is part of growing up, leaving the nest, and letting go (on the parents side), and I will have to the same thing with mine in a few years, so I speak from experience - somewhat ;)

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    c- my dad had a triple by-pass and I didn't know about it for almost a year or two later when my step-mother happened to mentioned it! He's in Utah and I only call and send packages a few times a year. In town, I went from living next door to my mom, grandmother, and a sister, to us all living in different parts of the mid-sout. We get to see each other once a month if there's a holiday or birthday.

22. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    For those of you who have worked in accounting or a finance environment.......you'll know what I mean when I say...

I HATE EXCEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I now a have a 32 tab document that gives me a "Did not save" message when I try to save it. This is after doing formula revisions on 7 tabs. SEVEN TABS!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGH!

How in the F@#$ does a cell get corrupted in 17 @#$%&*$ minutes?????? :mad:

Holy @#$@! Where's the tylenol?

23. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    First rule of computers, Rhonda:

Expect everything to FUBAR at any moment. I speak from considerable experience.

24. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    On my last computer I had to keep a post it stuck to the front that said- "Hit Save Often!"

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Yes, but does your computer reboot itself for no apparent reason whatsoever??

Actually it hasn't done it since I updated the BIOS, so I'm keeping everything I have two of crossed.

Yes, Lin- those, too. You know how hard that is??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.