main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON RANT!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mert_Skywalker, Feb 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    As you all already know, I loooooooooooooooooooooooooove to rant. So, I decided to make a thread of all the little things that just bug the heck out of me. And feel free to put your rants here. Let's get it all out, shall we?

I'll start with one I started in the car on the way to Pizza Hut. What's with Saturday morning cartoons these days!? Whatever happened to the good ol' shows like Tiny Toons and Batman? Now they're all anime!

Don't get me wrong, I like anime. I think it's a very distinct way of doing cartoons. But alot of the Saturday morning stuff is crap!

I want the good ol' days of Animaniacs, and Freakazoid, and all the other good things on TV that Spielberg did. Even his animated cartoon "We're Back! A dinosaur story" (if you look closely in the screaming crowd, he makes a little cameo in cartoon form. He's wearing a Juarassic Park hat) wasn't too bad.

But the Spielberg ones weren't the only good ones of the Saturday of olde.

Well, that's my rant for today.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Freakazoid! was one of my faves in the past few years. That and most episodes of The Tick I watched.

3. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    My rant is about driver lisence pictures. Why do they have to look so crappy?!?!?
    Like, even the 11 year old kid that I babysit said that it didn't look good. lol.
    Then again, they made me take my glasses off, so I look different, and my hair looked like crap cuz I didn't have time to fix it after I came in from the wind.
    So that's the rant that I can come up with right now.

4. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    Well, it's past midnight so technically this is my second day, hence second rant.

My rant is on Canadian commercials. Besides beer commercials, our commercials suck! Take for instance our insurance commercials. Especially the one that goes:

Husband is sitting at kitchen table, reading newspaper. Wife walks in.

Wife: Do you know Joe Shmoe? (I forget the actual name)

Husband: Yes, I played golf with him on Sunday.

Wife: He's DEAD!

Like, what kind of commercial is that? What are we telling to our American viewers about ourselves? Even our federal election commercials suck. Remember the one that the PC party put out last election, Jean Chretiens greatest lies? What was that? It looks like a five year old with a premade animate gif made that hunk of junk.

Well, that's it for today.

5. Launch

Launch Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    My rant is:

I hate it when your on the phone late at night, an its just about to hit the 4 hour mark, and the person lets you go, just for that fact! well... only one person does it that i know.. and sure, its funny, but still!!

I also hate stupid telephones, when your on the phone for 5 or more hours, it starts to hurt!!

6. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I hate parents that keep walking into the room your in with your boyfriend! I mean we wern't doing anything but they kept comming in the room!!! Argg...

And thats my rant for today!

Shaden

7. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    I REALLY hate it when people tell you to picture the audience in their underwear when you are nervous and about to do something. Say, a speech competition. Long story short, I got *ahem* distracted and stumbled over my speech, and saying BS (Just BS, not the entire thing) to the audience and judges. Class act eh?

8. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    My rant is about little sisters. They are the most annoying little creatures in the world. I admit I do have an older sister, but I am not and wasn't as annoying as my little sister. Not only does she bug me when I have friends over, but she talks to me like I care! And her stories go on forever!!! She never gets to the point!
    Like yeah, she's my little sister and of course I'd be sad if she died or something, but sometimes I just wish that she would grow up!!!!!

9. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    My rant is for TERRIBLE OLYMPIC JUDGES!!!! I just finished watching Ice Dancing and after a solid PERFECT performance we only got 2nd!!!!! What's the big deal!!!! Is it because he kissed the ice?! HONESTLY! I'm so POed that I can't even finish this rant!

10. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    I watched the skating too! Salé and Pelltier were PERFECT!!!!!! They didn't fall, their artistic was WAY better, and they just DESERVED it more than the Russians.
    Jamie was even in pain!!!!! Stupid judges!!! Even the American judge gave a 1st place!!!!!! ARG!!! I can't believe it!!!!

PS: it's called Pairs skating, ice dancing is the other one.

11. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Mitch, why are you so upset? Are you really starting to watch figure skating????

[face_laugh]

12. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    OK, my turn.....
    Why is it that when there's something fun and exciting to do with all your friends, that you've been waiting all week to do, that you end up missing it because of being sick, or your toilet overflows and leaks throught to the basement, or your cat dies, or you get a big zit on the end of your nose????
    But a few days later, when you're feeling really good, gone down another clothes size, having a great hair day and got tons of energy to burn....there's bloody nothing to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not only that, but the boards are dead, the phone doesn't ring, and you keep just missing your best friend on msn, who's been the only one on in the last 6 hours!!!!!
    CRAP!!!All dressed up to entertain the spiders in my basement while I do the laundry :_|

13. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    My rant for the day is on CERTAIN (I'm gonna have to clear this one up to save my own butt) girls not being able to take jokes. Of course, I'm talking about the one's in my classes, but hey, I can complain about anything I want. Anyway, why is it that certain girls just can't take jokes? For instance, if I said this to a girl I know, I'd get slapped:

Q: Why did the referee send his wife to the penalty box after seeing her in the living room?

A: Simple, she left the kitchen. She was out of bounds.

Why can't some girls just laugh at that? Oh, but if a women says a joke about men, that's perfectally fine. For instance:

Q: How many men does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: None, they just sit in the dark and complain.

Now even I think that's funny. Anyway, I'm done my rant for the day.

14. Launch

Aug 27, 2001
    I hate it when people say "i love you" well, lets be more specifi... when they say it but dont mean it, or act it but dont mean it, or say it, but dont act it... ill shut up now...

15. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    Poor Laurie! Poor Mitch! Poor Kat!!

Shaden

16. Launch

Aug 27, 2001
    I hate people who think they know how you think. I hate people who make you see people who think they know how you think. and i hate people who tell the people, who send you to the people who think they know how you think, that say you cant go see the person that thinks he knows how you think, and you have to see them, cause they do know how you think!!!

sorry if thats confusing

17. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001

I hate to think.

18. Mert_Skywalker

Aug 28, 2001
    I hate February the 14th.

What a stupid Hallmark holiday that is not only pointless, but for me cursed. Nothing ever goes right on V-Day, and I dread it every year. I don't know what all of your guys plans are for tomorrow, but mine is to go to school, go home and lock myself inside hoping absolutley nothing can go wrong.

And why even celebrate V-Day? Most of the people out there don't even know why it's celebrated or who Valentinus (Spelling?) was. He was a martyr (spelling again?) who was killed on, yep, February 14 and one of the letters he sent to his girl before his death ended "Sincerly, your Valentine". So why does everyone want to celebrate someone's death by getting fat on chocolates and pricked on roses?

Well, that's all I have to say about that.

19. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
  20. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Way to scare the bodily fluids outta Mitch! I gotta sit next to this guy in class!

21. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    ok, let's see how many of these i can reply to without seeming a whiny new member : )

yes, I loved the old sat morning cartoons.

Valentine's Day is a crap holiday unless you're with someone-any holiday without me getting candy or gifts is a bad one! Even though I have a bf this year i think it's kind of a stupid day.

Everytime I think of Sale/Pelletier I think of the Ep1 scene where Amidala says "it is clear to me now that the senate no longer functions-I pray you will bring order back"

my bf is the only one with a good driver's license photo

that's all i can remember

22. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    WHOAH!!!!!!! Double dose of released bodily fluids for Mitch today.....he's got a Literacy Test to boot!!!!

Anyways, Good Luck to Graeme, Nick and Mitch who are writing their test today. Judging by the looks of some of your posts here on the boards....you're gonna need it!!!!!!!

JOKING!!!! All the best!!!!! 8-}

23. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001
    My rant is: Why does every one have a rant about v-day?
    Its just another day..... I never hated it when I was single, But I never liked it either..... Another thing, I really hate this girl named Kim LeRoux. If you have a problem, she has one ten times worst, or so she thinks... You can't even just say your problem and get it off your chest, without her saying, 'Oh I have the same problem, only ten times worse' I Hate People Who Do That!!!!!!!!!!! I don't always have a problem, but when I do, her life is ten times worse..... God.... P*SS OFF!!!!!

Sorry... I could go on.... But I won't

Happy V-day every one!

Shaden

24. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Yeah, I have the same problem as well...

Only ten times worse! :p

25. Amidala_wannabe

Aug 18, 2001

JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Shaden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.