main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rapture (A/P, Obidala, Jinn, Dooku) AU (Romance/Drama/Adventure) Chapter 11 9.13.05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darksideyesplease, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    The song in this post is my screwed up version of John Lennon?s ?God?. This isn?t the longest update I?ve ever done by any stretch of the imagination but I think it moves the story along, hope you enjoy.

Chapter 10
    Ben

The Jedi first waived off any form of search. They were sure he would come back. He had been such a dedicated Jedi for years now. He could not just abandon the Order. Not Obi Wan Kenobi.

When the Council heard what Padme had to say, the investigation was under way. The Council could never sense it in Obi Wan. Not Obi Wan Kenobi. How could he have been in love with his own apprentice. Maybe someone else. But surely not Obi Wan Kenobi.

Of course Padme conveniently left out the part about her and Anakin?s relationship. For all Padme knew, she was now a suspect.

At last a note was discovered as the room was searched from top to bottom.

Force is a Concept by which
    we measure our pain
    I'll say it again
    Force is a Concept by which
    we measure our pain
    I don't believe in Magic
    I don't believe in Destiny
    I don't believe in Compassion
    I don't believe in Code
    I don't believe in Sith
    I don't believe in Republics
    I don't believe in Politics
    I don't believe in Karma
    I don't believe in Chosen One
    I don't believe in Fear
    I don't believe in Yoda
    I don't believe in Kings
    I don't believe in Treason
    I don't believe in Luck
    I don't believe in Jedi
    I just believe in me...and that reality

The dream is over
    What can I say?
    the Dream is Over
    Yesterday
    I was a Jedi
    But now I'm reborn
    I was Obi Wan.
    But now I'm Ben
    and so dear friends
    you'll just have to carry on
    The Dream is over

So it was done. Padme?s master had abandoned his responsibility to her and the Jedi Knights. Not Obi Wan Kenobi; but Ben.

Padme?s nightmares were becoming worse. She dreamt of departing the Temple and following the force to where ever her dreams wanted to take her. Where her dreams needed to take her.

Padme only had one memory of her mother. When she was still a youngling, it was a freak meeting to say the least.

The healers had identified Padme to have a very high midichlorian count before she was even born on Naboo. Because of this, Jobal was contacted by the Jedi sometime later in her pregnancy. Jobal loved Padme, but the thought of raising her with Ruwee, a child he did not conceive, was too much for her. So she gave her baby daughter to the Jedi and they adopted her into their family.

With only there one brief encounter years prior, Padme felt a connection. Her mother was not a bad person, she was a good person for giving up your daughter to the Jedi. If she were in trouble she deserved to be saved.

But the dreams veered into a territory that Padme was unable or unwilling to venture too. She felt the taint of the dark side in her dreams. Could it be the dark side playing tricks on her already frazzled mind.

It had to be done. Padme had been made a Jedi Knight with the departure of Ben. She packed a few things and began her walk to the hangar bay within the Jedi Temple.

She was to be reassigned to a new mission in the morning, but she would not be there to receive it from the Council. Instead she was going to save the life of the woman that brought her into the galaxy.

2. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    The song was really sweet!!

Great Post!!!:D

3. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Nice song!

But Obi-Wan left! I wonder what he's doing right now. [face_thinking]

4. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    Wow, Obi-Wan left! Didn't see that coming.

Great update, thanks for the pm!

5. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    I liked the song, it tied in nicely.
    Obi doesn't take rejection well i see.[face_plain]

thanks for the pm[face_peace]

6. Blueorder36

Blueorder36 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    dot dot dot

7. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Padme was harsh and clear with Obi-Wan and I like it :)

Sorry, Obi. Things are not like you want them to be :D

8. ladie_padawan

ladie_padawan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I'm already missing Obi-Wan in this story. Not that I want him and Padme' together, I just like him. But I have faith that you'll return him to us, Darkside.

9. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    not that I am into Obidala, but I would like to see Obi-Wan get the girl once in a while. Anakin usually always gets the girl. I hope that doesn't make me a traitor to my love for A/P. I am so confused.

10. Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi

Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2005
    Strange... I knew he would leave but that he doesnt believe in Sith got me all flustered... to only believe in one self will lead to a horrivle end. And after all, its easier to turn from nothing to Sith than from Jedi to Sith. But thats just my thought. Nice chapter. I so love this story.

... but on what Planet is he??? Not on Naboo, right?

11. lady_sapphire

lady_sapphire Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2005
    good update. i was thinking obi-wan would leave, but i didn't think padme would too. i hope she doesn't turn to the darkside if something happened to jobal.

12. alexceasar

alexceasar Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    Found this today. Very good with the angst, aren't you? Poor Obi-Won. But that is love, wanting to see her happy even if it is not with him. How sweet.@};- I totally did not see Padme being Dooku's daughter or her leaving the Temple coming. Hopefully Master Jinn and Anakin will be able to rush in and help her defeat Dooku. Not that she needs the handsome Prince to rescue her, just a little morale support. Great job.

13. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    To say Obi-wan doesn't take well to rejection is putting it lightly. I as well did not see him leaving the order. Why is he acting like such a wuss? Bring him back as a badass Darkside!! Pretty please?

14. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    I've got Chapter 11 ready to go, but I'm going to let some people catch up before I post yet another chapters. This one is alot longer and oh yea, did I mention... twist?

15. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    So Obi-Wan left...big baby! I liked the song , very nice!

OK, Darkside you've mentioned a twist twice now......I'm scared!! Ya know I still have issues from "Resurrection"! [face_laugh]

I can't wait for more especially since I'm sure I have no clue where you are taking us!! Thanks for the PM.

16. Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi

Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2005
    Wuss... Baby... What are you talking about??? He did the right thing. He did what anyone who is truly in love would do. He leaves so Padme can be happy. It's totally selfless. But yes... I hope he returns darksided.

PS: POST POST POST 11

17. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Wow!!!!

I did not expect him to just pack his bags and leave!!!!!

This is getting more and more interesting. I can't for the next post! :)

18. Yorkshire-Gal

Yorkshire-Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Ive just started reading this from the start and i can say that im hooked!

Please PM me when its updated, thanks :)

19. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Took the coward's way out, Obi-Wan. [face_shame_on_you]

Great update!

20. ladie_padawan

ladie_padawan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    A twist coming up? I love those, but I can't even begin to imagin what it could be and it's really bugging me.

21. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Chapter 11

She didn?t know where she had received the coordinates from. Perhaps it was embedded deep within her dreams and now lingered in her unconscious. All she knew were the space coordinates. The terminals showed nothing but empty space a few parsecs from a small Outer Rim territory.

Padme let the force guide her as the ship slowly came out of hyperspace. She wondered what she might find here in the depths of the galaxy. As space became viewable again, Padme could see what awaited her. Her eyes widened as she saw an armada of space cruisers and small fighter ships using this empty sector as a base.

There appeared to be a control ship near the center of the activities. At first Padme?s Jedi fighter went completely unnoticed and the other ships around did not seemed to be concerned. As she approached the control ship she had no idea what to expect.

She knew she was in the right place but her dreams led to little knowledge of what she might actually encounter trying to find her mother. Warning shots were fired by two fighters that now flanked her.

Her transmitter computer had been hacked in seconds by the fleet and now they were communicating with her.

?You will report your destination.? A voice said.

?I am a Jedi Knight, I got lost in part of a convoy.? She replied.

Two more warning shots were fired.

?You will proceed on your present course and land on dock 93 of the control ship ahead.?

?I have a bad feeling about this.? Padme mumbled to herself as she landed the ship on dock 93. She exited the ship and was immediately greeted by battle droids.

Before she knew what was happening, they confiscated her lightsaber and held her at gunpoint asking her to step this way.

She obliged. She could easily use the force to get herself out of this situation, but she wasn?t interested in starting a war. She looked around wondering about the numbers.

Oh ten thousand to one. Yeah I have a good shot of surviving that.

Instead she would let these droids lead her into the facility. Perhaps she would get deeper into the ships interior this way.

Only if Obi Wan were here. He?d have a much better plan than this.

The droids took Padme into a large metallic looking room. There seemed to be no one else in the room yet the droids had stopped so that meant for her to stop. A door from across the room opened and out walked Count Dooku being flanked by two super battle droids.

He smiled as his daughter had arrived, just as he had for seen. She had come to him. He laughed inside at his genius, at his marvel. Not only had he used the force to trick Padme into actually believing her mother was in pain, he had actually taken Jobal willingly. Shocked of course, but he was happy with the situation nonetheless.

?She was armed only with this.? The lead droid held out the light saber to Dooku. ?She said she was part of a Jedi convoy, she said she is the only one, but I don?t believe her. With your approval I would like to look for more in the area.?

?Your search will not be required. She is the only one. You have done well, leave us.? Dooku shoed away all the droids in the room.

?Count Dooku.? Padme snapped.

?Padawan Naberrie.? Dooku greeted as he stood exactly three meters in front of his daughter; his arms folded behind his back.

Padme smirked and shook her head as if to correct him.

?I?ve just received the rank of Jedi Knight but that is of no concern to a Sith, I would imagine.?

Dooku snapped his head to the side quickly as he took in her remark as a sly smile crossed his face once more.

?Well I must say congratulations. As you know I was once a Jedi. Jedi Knight? that is quite an accomplishment.?

?Don?t patronize me Dooku.? Padme shot back.

?Ah, more feisty than I would have expected.? Dooku laughed then began to pace in front of her. Her hands were not bound, she thought about attacking.

?Well you?ll get use to it or? you won?t.?

?Let?s get to the point Master Jedi.? Dooku stood straight raisin

22. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor thing :( only now does she know the truth... loved her slip of 'my Obi-Wan' ;)

Can't wait to see who answers first - Anakin or Obi-Wan! :D

23. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    'My Obi-Wan' o_O

Somebody lied to their Master about their feelings!

And now she knows the horrible truth, poor Padme.

I hope either Obi-Wan or Anakin comes to save her. I don't really care who at this point. Both of them could come, that would increase the tension. :p

I wonder who, if anyone is going to the dark side in this story? [face_thinking]

24. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Now she knows the truth, Poor Padmè!!!

Ani save HER!!!!!

Great Post!!:D

25. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    well at least she knows the truth...that Dooku is her father. I hope Anakin hears her call, although I have the feeling it's going to be Obi-wan.......especially since Padme's little Freudian slip about "My Obi-wan." Poor Padme not sure which Jedi she loves....not a bad problem to have !! I'm still hoping she chooses Anakin, of course if she doesn't I'll take him!:p

Can't wait for more Darkside and thanks for the PM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.