main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RARE TELEVISION ALERT! The 136th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Zaz, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Sep 14 2009 09:17 PM ET

'South Park' Kanye West 'gay fish' episode to re-air
    by Adam B. Vary
    Categories: About Last Night, Celebrity Scandals, News, South Park, Television, Things That Are Awesome!, Video Music Awards 2009

"Normally, Kanye West?s puppy-stomping on the VMAs last night would be exactly the kind of celebrity misbehavior perfect for parody on South Park. Except South Park already delivered the perfect Kanye-skewering episode five months ago, which is why Comedy Central will re-air it tomorrow for two straight hours, starting at 9 p.m. ET. If you?re unfamiliar with the insta-brills episode (read our original take on it), entitled ?Fishsticks"....

There's a clip of it, but due to the TOS, I can't post it. Suffice to say, it captures Kanye's profound self-importance perfectly.

2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I mean, come on. In what context is it acceptable behavior to storm the stage in a category that you have zero connection with, take the microphone away from the winner in the middle of her speech, tell her that she was unqualified to win and that the award should have gone to someone else? I mean, **** off, dude. I'd have punched the jackass in the nose if I'd been up there and he'd charged me and started wrestling the mic away from me.

Made even more ridiculous by the fact that Beyonce's video actually won the big award. Was he unaware that there was going to be another category?

I agree that Swift comes off like a nice person and her name recognition, already extremely high, has only climbed because of this. That said, you only get so many chances to stand on a stage and feel the high of the respect of your peers. Thanks to West's dumbassery, she gets one less than she would have otherwise.

The farther I get away from this, the more and more obnoxious I find it. Somehow this is even worse than when he used to bum rush the stage whenever someone else won in a category he was nominated in. I mean, that was sort of egomaniacal behavior. But this is just a whole new level of stupidity. Read the frigging program next time, dude; also, you aren't cute.

3. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    she didn't get one less then she would have gotten otherwise... Beyonce called her up at the end and let her make her speech.

4. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Beyonce being classy doesn't stop Kanye from being an idiot...

5. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Well he clearly isn't an idiot. He's a marketing genius. The guy got everyone and their mother talking about him for a 15 second stunt.

6. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    AJ, you seem to think that West did it out of cynical marketing considerations rather than impulsive stupidity. You thus have a lower opinion of him that we do, because if he did do it for those reasons, he is even more despicable.

7. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    why is that despicable?

It's marketing. He's just keeping his name out there. Nothing wrong with that.

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    While I do agree with Mr Obama on this issue-

how does Beyonce win Video of the Year and not Best Video by a Female? That's nonsensical.

'Sorry, Taylor's was a better video than yours but it wasn't actually'.

9. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Yeah, I agree with him, too: "What a jackass..."

10. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    A jackass indeed. That's right on the money.

I think it's become increasingly clear this guy is just a crappy excuse for a human being.

Absolutely no class whatsoever.

Apparently he is so full of himself he simply can't stand to not be in the spotlight at any given event.

A six year old child would have enough intelligence to know they didn't belong at the podium when someone else was getting an award.

All my life I've heard the phrase there's no such thing as "bad publicity." Well, I think this guy may have surpassed that phrase. I haven't spoken to one person who thinks what he did was acceptable or justifiable under any circumstances. Most of the country seems to be condemning his behavior. I already had an extremely low opinion of this man from his previous incredibly stupid and obnoxious behavior. Just when I thought it couldn't go any lower, this happens. Life is full of surprises.

I'm sure his late, beloved mother would be very proud of him. [face_whistling]

11. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    9-11PM
    VH1, TV-14

Must Watch of the Week Inside Look
    VH1 Divas

"Fans of lady singers and sequined gowns have reason to cheer: VH1 has revived its Divas franchise! While the previous seven specials (the last of which aired in 2004) focused on more experienced performers like Cher and Mariah Carey, this year's installment features divas-in-training, including Miley Cyrus. It also confirms American Idol as the new diva factory, with performances by Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, and Jordin Sparks, while ex-Idol judge Paula Abdul hosts. ''I remember not being able to watch them because they came on kinda late,'' says Sparks, 19, about the original specials. ''To be a part of it, it's like you feel you're in the circle now. And I can't wait to give Paula a huge hug!'' Divas hugging divas? Clearly these young gals haven't read the prima donna handbook yet. ?Tim Stack"

12. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-8:30PM NBC, TV-PG

Monsters vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space

"Like a fun-size Halloween candy bar, Mutant Pumpkins has all the appeal of the feature-length Monsters vs. Aliens, but with half the bloat. When a spaceship dumps toxic goo on a pumpkin patch in the hometown of giant Susan Murphy (Reese Witherspoon, joining Will Arnett, Seth Rogen, and Hugh Laurie in reprising their movie roles), it sparks an all-out brawl on All Hallows' Eve between the heroic monsters and the murderous, candy-crazed, mutated gourds. Instant classic it's not, but there are enough laughs (and scares) to give kids a holiday jolt. B ?Alynda Wheat"

13. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Wow! I'm a big fan of the movie, and the premise to this Halloween special sounds delightful. The reviewer must be off her rocker... this sounds like an "instant classic" to me! ]-} [face_pumpkin] ]-} [face_skull]

14. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Well? How was it?

15. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Well, I don't have cable TV... so I'll have to wait for DVD on this.

16. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I was gonna try to watch this with my son last night (was even letting him stay up past his bedtime to watch it special!) but as it started, he turned off the tv and said he'd rather go to bed.

Not sure if that's indicative of the quality or no.

17. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I've just watched this. It's... well, the original film wasn't that super-great to begin with, so I guess you get the picture. But I suppose it was meant to be light harmless Halloween fun for kids, and from that perspective it wasn't too terrible. There's plenty of film references (The Missing Link riding a bike with Dr. Cockroach in front, covered with sheet a la E.T.; "Say hello to my little friend"; "I love the smell of candy in the evening"; etc.), so it did get a few laughs from me. Although there were a couple of cringeworthy moments. But it was short. :p

18. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    Nickelodeon, TV-Y7

SpongeBob SquarePants: Truth or Square
    A-

"It's hard to believe that everyone's favorite anthropomorphic sponge is already a decade old, but SpongeBob has the staying power of a barnacle. The anniversary special, featuring guest drop-bys from Tina Fey, Will Ferrell, and Robin Williams, among many others, is a sublime hour of deep-sea dadaism, replete with surreal songs, anarchic animation, and '80s ëbernerd Eddie Deezen. ?Keith Staskiewicz"

19. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-10PM
    NBC, TV-PG

Series debut
    The Sing-Off

"Former boy-bander Nick Lachey hosts this four-night a cappella singing battle. The prize? A cool $100,000. And the chance to be ripped to shreds by Pussycat Dolls leader (and apparent a cappella expert?) Nicole Scherzinger, who serves as a judge. ''There's nowhere to hide,'' Lachey warns of the stripped-down format. ''It's up to you to perform it and perform it well. No band, no mixes, no overdubbing.'' Which are totally the rules 98 Degrees followed back in the day. ? Tanner Stransky"

I watched a choir one a couple of seasons ago, which was actually not too bad if you feel another recall will curdle your brain.

20. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    6:40PM
    Encore

Big 80s Weekend

"Kicking off this grandiose weekend of '80s movies is Don't You Forget About Me, a documentary about John Hughes that was shot a year before his untimely death in August. It features appearances by some of the most famed stars from his iconic films: Ally Sheedy, Judd Nelson, Andrew McCarthy, and Alan Ruck. The rest of the weekend is a movie marathon, featuring faves from The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles, as well as non-Hughes pics like Fletch and Porky's."

21. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    This film makes my teeth ache, but YMMV...

7-11PM
    ABC

The Sound of Music

"Julie Andrews is Maria, Christopher Plummer is Captain Von Trapp, the kids are utterly (perhaps even painfully) adorable, the music is infectious, and the hills are defiantly still alive with the sound of music. Sit the whole family down in front of the TV set and enjoy the greatest film ever about nuns, Nazis, and Austrian aristocrats."

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    9-11PM
    CBS

The 32nd Annual Kennedy Center Honors

"For the seventh year in a row, Caroline Kennedy hosts this D.C.-based celebration of culture, which this year includes appearances by Jack Black, Matthew Broderick, Harry Connick, Jr., and Jane Krakowski, as well as President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle."

23. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998

9?10PM
    TLC, TV-PG

Brace for Impact

"Harrison Ford narrates this doc in which Capt. Chesley B. ''Sully'' Sullenberger III shares how he landed US Airways Flight 1549 safely in the Hudson River one year ago. We hear accounts from ground control as well as passengers aboard the flight, but no one's story is as interesting as Sully's. Too bad we've already heard it dozens of times. B? ? Kate Ward"

24. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Hope for Haiti

"A black-tie affair at the Beverly Hilton Hotel isn't the only place you'll find a large gathering of stars this award-show season. Wyclef Jean, George Clooney, and CNN's Haiti-embedded reporter Anderson Cooper will host a celeb-packed telethon to benefit the victims of the Haiti earthquake. A full list of performers is pending, but is said to include stars like Justin Timberlake, Bruce Springsteen and Alicia Keys. It will air commercial-free across several networks, including ABC, CBS and NBC. We'll see if star power can be good for something more than getting a walk-in table at Katsuya on a Friday night."

25. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-11PM
    USA, TV-PG

The 134th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

"The oddsmakers say a Scottie named Sadie is the woof to watch this year. But I always end up rooting for the pulis (who look like pre-Swiffer-era mops) and the Bedlington terriers (who look like Mary's lost lamb). Regardless of who wins tonight, this pup pageant is a big ball of furry fun."

My dog really enjoys this show, judging by the amount he barks at the screen.