main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RAS response

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Chewbacca of Kashyyyk, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksithclone

darksithclone Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    well actualy george lucas killed chewie by not puting him in the new story line, but if you saw the chef aid episode of south park jimmy cokrin saids that chewbacca never made sense so make up your own mind but it boils down that the blame is all george lucas's.

2. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Genghis, sir, you are even cute, when you are not insulting me. But I like it better this way. :) Promise me you'll keep this tone when next we disagree.

3. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Your memory is correct, Genghis.

4. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 1999
    G12

Agreed, what you state is old news. But the original thread asks the question, how will he handle it when asked in person?

As far as the issue being more complex......no most issues resolve to simple choices. No matter the circumstance, contract or no contract, RAS chose to pen the death. he brought it to life and he will always be THE GUY WHO KILLED CHEWIE. Sorry, that is how simple is comes out to be.

RAS signed a contract, terms were changed, so what. That happens all the time guys. He would have had every legal right to opt out of the contract. He still agreed to write the story.

And CoK has absolutely no prob with RAS. He has been totally stand up about this. But many posters try to defend something that needs no defending.

Yes, a committe decided to let the wook go. But RAS did have a choice in whether to accept the assignemnt. Bygones are bygones, CoK wants to see how he does when asked. And it is not to bust his chops. CoK is honestly interested in how he explains his decisions in person. Posts on bulletin boards are easy to misunderstand. A person sitting on a stool explaining himself is much more revealing than a keyboard. CoK for one looks forward to hearing him speak.....in person, on this topic.

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Alirght, I still don't accept that that label of "THE GUY WHO KILLED CHEWIE" is valid or warranted, but it's the one he's been given by a segment of fandom.

It's a question he's had the chance to practice answering on a number of occasions, here on these forums and in interviews. But, you make an excellent point about being able to see it in person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.