main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rate The Six George Lucas Films, Favorite to Least Favorite (poll added)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by kenobifan1999, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Which is your favourite Star Wars film?

1. Episode I: The Phantom Menace

26 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Episode II: Attack of the Clones

22 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

147 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. Episode IV: A New Hope

75 vote(s)
    12.4%
  5. Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

245 vote(s)
    40.5%
  6. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

90 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    1. ROTS
    2. ROTJ
    3. ESB
    4. AOTC
    5. TPM
    6. ANH

Though, make no mistakes. I love them all pretty much equally. They are my 6 favorite movies of all time bar none.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Here we go, best to worst. But I agree with others, all are great films.

1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. Attack of the Clones
    3. Empire Strikes Back
    4. The Phantom Menace
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. A New Hope

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  3. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    *Updated* 22/02/2013

1. Episode V - Empire Strikes Back = 420 votes
    2. Episode III - Revenge of the Sith = 377 votes
    3. Episode IV - A New Hope = 300 votes
    4. Episode VI - Return of the Jedi = 288 votes
    5. Episode I - The Phantom Menace = 221 votes
    6. Episode II - Attack of the Clones = 217 votes

No change in order since last count!

4. Catsmeow

Catsmeow Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Well I assume my vote will be counted so here you are.

1. The Empire strikes back
    2. A new hope
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Attack of the clones
    6. The phantom menace

5. The_Book_of_Sith

The_Book_of_Sith Jedi Master

Sep 5, 2012
    1. AOTC
    2. ANH
    3. ESB
    4. TPM
    5. ROTS
    6. ROTJ

6. Ulysses_Laertiades

Ulysses_Laertiades Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2012
    Here goes my vote. Remember, i consider my least favorite still one of the greatest sci fi-fantasy movies ever made.

1. ROTS
    2. AOTC
    3. TESB
    4. ROTJ
    5. ANH
    6. TPM

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  7. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    1. ROTJ
    2. TESB
    3. ANH
    4. ROTS
    5. TPM
    6. AOTC

Feelicks likes this.
  8. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    1. ESB
    1A. ROTS
    3. ANH
    4. TPM
    5. ROTJ
    6. AOTC

9. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    1. ESB
    2. ROTJ
    3. ANH
    4. ROTS
    5. TPM
    6. AOTC

The bottom two switch around for me. I watched TPM for the time in years recently and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

10. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    1. VI
    2. II
    3. IV
    4. III
    5. V
    6. I

Davak24 likes this.
  11. DARTH_small_paw

DARTH_small_paw Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    A New Hope
    Revenge of the Sith
    Return of the Jedi
    The Empire Strikes Back
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack of the Clones

12. Neonic

Neonic Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2013
    1. STAR WARS
    Episode V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

2. STAR WARS
    Episode III: REVENGE OF THE SITH

3. STAR WARS
    Episode IV: A NEW HOPE

4. STAR WARS
    Episode II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES

5. STAR WARS
    Episode I: THE PHANTOM MENACE

6. STAR WARS
    Episode VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI

Make no mistake, none of these films are below average, or even average at all. I graded each film individually, as if they were a stand-alone movie.
    However, all six films are apart of one legendary saga, and I love each in their own way.

Feelicks and Samnz like this.
  13. Sir Cronal

Sir Cronal Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2013
    1. ESB
    2. ROTS
    3. ROTJ
    4. ANH
    5. TPM
    6. AOTC

14. Nameerf

Nameerf Jedi Knight

Sep 5, 2010
    1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. A New Hope
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. The Phantom Menace

15. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Phantom Menace
    6. Attack of the Clones

16. StarWarsVerses

StarWarsVerses Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 14, 2013
    1. I
    2. II
    3. III
    4. IV
    5. V
    6. VI

Rollin'.

17. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

That's good to know.

18. Neonic

Neonic Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2013
    Pardon?

19. Wella Targana

Wella Targana Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    ANH, TESB, ROTJ, TPM, ROTS, AOTC

20. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    1,tpm
    2.rots
    3.aotc
    4.rotj
    5.anh
    6.tesb

21. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Depends on which versions.

GL's versions:

1. Empire
    2. Wars
    3. Sith
    4. Jedi
    5. Menace
    6. Clones

Taking into account favorite non-GL versions

1. Wars (Oscar Award edit)
    2. Empire
    3. Menace (fan edit)
    4. Sith (fan edit)
    5. Jedi
    6. Clones (fan edit)

vinsanity likes this.
  22. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    1. Return of the Jedi
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. A New Hope
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. The Phantom Menace
    6. Attack of the Clones

On a scale of 10 to 1, #s 1 thru 4 are straight 10s in my book, TPM is an 8, and AOTC a 6-7.

23. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I just about love all six films the same way; coming up with an order is very hard. They all have their own identities and unique attributes that make them great individual films, but when put together and viewed as a whole everything just comes together perfectly.

The Phantom Menace makes a great introduction and serves as a basis of sorts for the events that are destined to follow. Some people complain that it is too distant from the other prequels both in terms of tone and in its actual place in the timeline, but I fail to see that. Without The Phantom Menace's brighter outlook on the Star Wars galaxy before all of the corruption and evil begins to take over, I don't think that Anakin's fall from grace and Palpatine's rise to power in the later films would have had nearly as much of an impact as they did.

Attack of the Clones is one of the most enjoyable films in the saga. There is just so much going on in this middle act of the prequel trilogy to love. A lot of people will probably hate me for this, but I can't help but to compare it to Blade Runner both aesthetically (with scenes such as the early chase sequence involving Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Zam Wessel) and with its noir-esque subplot following Obi-Wan. The film has such a great atmosphere, and to hate Jango Fett and Kamino is a crime. Its also great seeing more of Palpatine's plans come into fruition with the dawn of the Clone Wars.

Revenge of the Sith is the ultimate connective tissue between the two halves of the saga. Transitions from the Old Republic to Palpatine's Galactic Empire are in full force as we see the preludes to the Star Destroyers, TIE Fighters, X-Wings, and even Darth Vader's robotic suit (in the form of General Grievous). Anakin's fall to the Dark Side is tragic and just as powerful as it should be, and Palpatine finally assuming his role as Emperor made me all the more appreciative the past two and a half films of his scheming. The Order 66 sequence, Obi-Wan's duel with Vader on Mustafar, the rise of the Empire, and Yoda realizing that he has truly failed are among the tragic scenes that leave such a major impact on me every time I watch the film. I only wish that Qui-Gon's scene could somehow be inserted.

A New Hope is the movie that started it all. Whimsical and (at the time) completely new, it is obvious that this movie was made at a time when George Lucas was still unsure whether or not his saga would come into fruition, but even still all of the important pieces that link it to the rest of the films are in place. The Empire's reign of terror over the galaxy and Vader's presentation as a fully fledged Sith lord serve as a terrifying reminder of the tragedy of the prequels. It is also great getting introduced to such classic characters as the reluctant heroes Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, and Chewbacca at the start of their journey to free the galaxy.

The Empire Strikes Back is, for all intents and purposes, the best movie of the saga. Such elements as Luke receiving training on Dagobah from Yoda, the first actual scene involving the prominent appearance of a Force Ghost, and Darth Vader's magnificent revelation to Luke about his true parentage all serve as some of the defining moments not just of this movie, but of Star Wars in general. Even when putting the main themes of the saga aside for a moment there is so much going on in this movie to love.

Return of the Jedi serves as a most excellent finale to the Star Wars saga. All of the major themes from the previous five films are now in full swing as Luke is forced to confront his father one final time. Family, loyalty, and the very essence of the Force are put to the test in this movie as Luke is forced to deal with the very same temptations at the hands of the Emperor that his father had succumbed to so many years ago. In conquering the Dark Side, Luke allows his father to fulfill his destiny as the Chosen One and finally, after such a long and sorrowful journey, bring balance to the Force and peace to the galaxy.

So yeah...ordering the films is kind of hard for me. Can I just list the six of them as number one? :p

24. SnakeWesker

SnakeWesker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2006
    I will try my best to rank the six supermodels:

1. Revenge of the Sith- I was twenty when this came out. It was the first Star Wars movie that came out that I actually had a driver's license and a job for. I could see it any time I wanted. I saw it eight times. Still love it.
    2. The Empire Strikes Back- Vader at his baddest. "And I'm sure Skywalker is with them." The heroes don't come out all shiny at the end. Such a great movie.
    3. A New Hope- The one that started it all. A perfect introduction to the universe that we all know and love. It changed the world.
    4. The Phantom Menace- The first Star Wars movie that I was able to see in theaters. Every time Darth Maul steps out and ignites his double bladed lightsaber..I'm fourteen again.
    5. Return of the Jedi- A few sequences went a little long, but I still love it. The music that plays when Luke goes nuts and takes out Vader's hand is fantastic.
    6. Attack of the Clones- I actually relate to Anakin a lot in this film. When he laments the fact that Padme barely even remembers him, it always hits home for me. And the arena battle was great. It was cool seeing all of those Jedi at once.

This was really hard to do. I look forward to the day that we are ranking twelve of these things.

Jarren_Lee-Saber, VMeran and Seagoat like this.
  25. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012

All of this is true. If only there weren't this dreadful romance subplot... Every time I watch the film, this is what completely takes me out of it. Which is too bad and the reason why AOTC is definitely my least favorite of the six.