main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST ** Rate & rank the 3 trailers **

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Oct 27, 2015.

?

Which is your favourite teaser/trailer?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2016.
  1. Teaser 1

8.9%
  2. Teaser 2

30.4%
  3. the Trailer

60.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Teaser 1: 5/10
    It wasn't bad, but it simply didn't grasp me. Interesting personal discovery for me that a couple of SW machines are simply not enough to evoke that feel.

Teaser 2: 10/10
    I cried watching the teaser. 'nough said.

Trailer 3: 9/10
    Also very, very good but I have to give Teaser 2 the slight edge.

T-R- likes this.
  2. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Even though you said in terms of what they were designed to do sitll surprised you gave them high ratings.

3. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Meh... that could be (and probably was) some OTHER YT-1400. THIS one was the Falcon!!!! ;)

4. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    1. Trailer- You get to hear the characters speak, you get great dialog from Han, you have some really cool moments of Rey and all the characters, the music is incredible...It's hard for me to understand how this isn't the go to choice. Just perfecto.

2. Teaser 1- This will be a controversial pick. I think for me it was the first time seeing NEW Star Wars footage in a long time and the way it was edited was perfect. It was the only trailer that the music really felt perfectly timed with the footage in a very cool way.

3. Teaser 2- While it showed more than Teaser 1 it didn't have quite the same impact, although seeing Han at the end was incredible.

5. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I was rating them against the criteria of being an effective trailer rather than them looking like a great film/great Star Wars film.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    1. Teaser#2: With the exception of the somewhat cheesy "Chewie, we're home," Teaser #2 was by far the best. Loved the turnaround shot of Kylo, the shot of Luke with R2, and the Luke voiceover in particular. (9/10)

2. Trailer: The Trailer was decent but it didn't blow me away like Teaser #2 did. I liked seeing Han, Leia, and Maz's planet. Didn't like the focus on OT imagery (X-Wings, TIE Fighters, and Stormtroopers). (7/10)

3. Teaser #1: I didn't like Teaser #1. Didn't feel like Star Wars. (4/10)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-R- likes this.
  7. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    in order:

The trailer 4.5/5
    Teaser #1 4/5
    Teaser #2 4/5

he trailer itself was not only the best visually but also laid the foundation that what was once our childhood hopes and dreams had returned with the long awaited return of the "Love theme" the Falcon, the OT characters and JJ Abrams brand of practical effects. The teasers themselves were very visually appealing but nothing compares to seeing he general beats which we have heard of through rumors on the screen;

8. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    Teaser 1 the voice over grabbed my full attention. You get a sense of danger and the shot of the x wings! Also kylo and his famous saber first appearance then the falcon at the end!

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I loved all three. My ranking is Teaser 2, then Trailer, then Teaser 1.

T-R-, Xinau and Good Blaster like this.
  10. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    1. Trailer (The Darkside, the Jedi, their real) (Rey, she is going to be great)
    2. Teaser 2 (Chewy were home, X-Wings over water)
    3. Teaser 1 (It was cool finally seeing some footage, but I remember there being some minor backlash... 3 BLADED LS!?!, it made sense once we understood it more)

11. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    Trailer with Teaser 2 close behind. First Teaser didn't do much for me.

12. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    1. Teaser #1: It has a great sense of urgency and mystery, and every single shot is glorious.
    2. Trailer: Han's line is what sells it--it's the most effective use of the nostalgia button out of all three teasers/trailers
    3. Teaser #2: It just doesn't connect with me for some reason.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    1. Trailer
    2. Teaser 2
    3. Teaser 1

14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This is a really hard choice, I've loved them all, but if forced to choose I think it would go:

Teaser 2 -At Celebration after being in line all night long, seeing it with thousands of other super fans was amazing; the atmosphere was electric and an experience I won't soon forget. The moment Han said "Chewy, we're home." I started crying. After we watched it again a second time, my throat hurt from cheering so much.

Trailer - Seeing this made it really real, we're getting a new Star Wars movie. It gets better every time I see it.

Teaser 1 - Still love it! Made me really emotional, teared up the first time I saw it and then again when I saw it on the big screen.

T-R-, EHT and Xinau like this.
  15. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    2 Just blew my mind away and nearly brought tears to my eyes

1 Quick, sharp and introduced us to the cast - especially Ridley I had only ever seen shots of her in the paper, I never realised how pretty she was, I had seen the others before.

3 I liked it but I did not connect with this one and I don't know why. I thinks it because I was more relaxed and knowing the film is only a matter of weeks away. I could have waited for the film. Plus I kind of guessed half of the content either way, Kind of predictable.

T-R- likes this.
  16. KnightofCydonia

KnightofCydonia Jedi Padawan

Oct 27, 2015
    I'm gonna go with Teaser #1 for many reasons:

- It was the first glimpse of new Star Wars since 2005, and of course our first glimpse at the new characters and story we're about to invest in.
    - The sense of urgency gave off a great vibe.
    - The voice over was both sinister and fascinating even with just a few words, and gave the impression that the bad guys were gonna be everything they should be in terms of pure evilness.
    - Kylo Ren and his lightsabre...need I say more?
    - The X-Wings on the water - it doesn't get more Star Wars than that in terms of beautiful cinematography.

#2 - Full Trailer
    #3 - Teaser #2

Darth Downunder likes this.
  17. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    No 3 only cause it's longer than 2............

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Even though there's SO MUCH PRETTY in the full trailer, I gotta go with the 2nd teaser as my favorite.

The ****ing crashed Star Destroyer. The ****ing Force Theme leading into Luke's lines. Luke's ****ing lines. ****ing Vader's mask. The ****ing crescendo of the score set along with the "This Christmas" tag. The ****ing timpani.

And of course "Chewie. We're home." I mean, ****.
    [​IMG]

(pardon my language)

thefirstteaserisamazingtootho

19. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Trailer...I was expecting a bit more but I absolutely loved it. I've watched it countles times.

Teaser #2...I love Luke's monologue and the "Chewie we're home". I almost cried watching it.

Teaser #1: I have to admit....when I first saw it I wasn't impressed at all but it's grown on me. Its short but satisfying.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

PymParticles likes this.
  20. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I liked the second teaser. It's tough to beat the stunning shot of the star destroyer in the sand or Han and Chewie's return to the Falcon.

T-R- likes this.
  21. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I also think the shot of Phasma strutting along the corridor is very cool :cool:

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I thought I was like the only one who noticed/liked that - should have known that wasn't the case! :p

Darth Downunder likes this.
  23. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    No it's brilliant. She looks cool & intimidating. Also that's right at the height of excellence in terms of the music IMO.

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Yep agreed. I wonder if they will keep the shot in slo-mo in the movie?

25. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    I doubt it. It's not that important a scene surely. & it's not a dream sequence like in the Dagobah cave.

Darkslayer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.