main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rate TFA from 1 to 10 (you only get 1 vote, so see it as much as you need before voting!)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Dec 16, 2015.

?

Rank TFA on a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being best and 1 being worst

1. 10 (BEST FILM EVER!)

67 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. 9

257 vote(s)
    34.3%
  3. 8

180 vote(s)
    24.0%
  4. 7

91 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. 6

46 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. 5

28 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. 4

23 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. 3

12 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. 2

9 vote(s)
    1.2%
  10. 1

37 vote(s)
    4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    All except Bib Fortuna. Hate that guy.

jimmycrank likes this.
  2. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Someone has to be below average. ;)

3. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    Wish I could change my vote, after repeat viewings I would definitely rate it higher then an 8

4. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013

A reboot was not what I was wanting at all. There'll be plenty of opportunity for opening new doors with all the spin offs and such. What I was craving was the Star Wars movie I've been longing to see since the final credits of ROTJ rolled up. It has happened recently with the likes of Dredd and Mad Max. I remember thinking "now that's what I was after!!"The style, pace, authenticity...the feel of old expectations fullfilled on screen..the same with the other films I mentioned.
    My gut reaction to TFA was that of ticking the boxes... this happened...that happened ...she said...he said...nostalgia ...humour...kiss kiss bang bang...and all delivered in such a rush. All I wanted was the cockle warming , eye popping, smirk provoking, pupil dilating movie which I know they are capable of, and though I love it to bits, it was more of a head butt than a mischievous wink....

earlchinna and Darth Nerdling like this.
  5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    A solid 9 after seven viewings. Never watched a film this many times in a cinema. Surprised my old self.

6. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    TFA is not a straight reboot. It's a rebootquel. Google that term.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

-LordSkywalker- likes this.
  7. t-trooperyc94

t-trooperyc94 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    6/10, fun to watch but not much else

8. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    10/10. Flawless victory !

Mootsy likes this.
  9. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    9. Was everything I hoped for, loses a mark for Starkiller Base and the slapdash R2 waking up nonsense.

MaciekRS likes this.
  10. frail47

frail47 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    10. As of Friday I've seen it 15 times. Never have I seen a movie this much in the theaters. I can't get enough of it. My all-time favorite movie for the last 15 years has been Ridley Scott's "Gladiator." I'll admit that I could still be feeling the rush from the ride, but not until TFA have I come across a movie that I think might topple "Gladiator" for my top spot. And that says a lot considering that as much as I love Star Wars, none of the previous movies are anywhere near the top of my my all-time favorites list.

TFA isn't perfect, but I don't judge movies based on their technical merit, but rather on how they make me feel.

11. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    That's the best and only way you should judge a movie in my mind! If you love it while watching it, then really that's it...I know we discuss what we like and perhaps why we like it, But more than anything the emotional response caused by watching a Movie should be the main factor! Same goes for if you Dislike or even hate a movie, if you're sitting there and you just don't like it, connect with it or get bored, then that's it really, Sometimes we can't even explain why we love, like, dislike or hate a movie, Sometimes it's just made us feel this way.

12. -LordSkywalker-

-LordSkywalker- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    ROTJ - 10/10
    ESB - 10/10
    ANH - 10/10
    ROTS - 8/10
    AOTC - 6/10
    TPM - 6/10
    TFA - 1/10

13. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    For calibration, how do you rate say, Sharknado or Battlefielf Earth?

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  14. -LordSkywalker-

Aug 3, 2013
    Never saw them. Only saw TFA and rated it based upon my opinion of it.

15. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    So is a 1/10 on par with the worst things ever made? Or a reflection that you feel SW has taken a very wrong turn? Sorry trying to understand. Not arguing, just curious.

16. -LordSkywalker-

Aug 3, 2013
    I judged it first and foremost as a Star Wars movie and a sequel to ROTJ. Based on those two things I thought it was awful and could not have been worse. If it were neither of those things, maybe I would have given it a slightly better score.

Hernalt likes this.
  17. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Why AOTC over TPM?

Edit, also, I rated TFA a 1 after seeing enough posts that I interpreted to mean, a movie in the franchise of Star Wars. Only later did I see that TFA could be rated as a stand alone movie. But who cares what that number is. It's irrelevant in this context. I still have no number to give it after six viewings. It has annoyances that have crept up on me since the first viewing.

-LordSkywalker- likes this.
  18. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    Gotcha, carry on.

19. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    The new Average Rating is 7.6! (7.61)

20. -LordSkywalker-

Aug 3, 2013
    I know most people hate it on here but I loved Yoda's battle with Dooku. It tipped the balance for me although both movies are very close in my mind.

21. ucdex

ucdex Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Yoda's battle with Dooku was well received, I remember people shooting super LQ phone versions of it and uploading to whatever video sites we used before Youtube.

The hate happened later, I think when we realized it's so out of character for Yoda to do it. And generally AOTC was far less well received than many thought. I personally felt it was an OK movie and kept trying to convince myself it would grow on me.
    Walking out of a showing, I overheard two fanboy types talking and one of them basically said "that's it, I'm not giving him any more chances" (referring to George Lucas) I knew then the movie did not resonate with the people it needed to.

22. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014

And there's the Tatooine sequence, and the Jango Fett fight, and the chase sequence, and the final montage, and Across the Stars...

earlchinna and -LordSkywalker- like this.
  23. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    AOTC, for me is a collection of strong pieces that never come together right, and the glue of Anakin's and Padme's courtship never sets. I loved the movie the first time I saw it, ranked it quite highly here if I recall. Then soured over time. That said, I still find it fun?

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  24. -LordSkywalker-

Aug 3, 2013
    The Jango - Obi-Wan fight was great also.

25. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Good. I owe it to TFA that I have sort of gained two long lost family members in AOTC and ROTS who I grossly and unjustly treated as stepchildren. I can even model this in physical terms. To sustain suspension of disbelief in TFA as a whole, while attempting to maintain its trajectory within the Star Wars context and along the last known trajectory of characters and geopolitical movements as documented in state at the end of ROTJ, requires herculean strength. You build up huge cognitive muscles to sit through it and manually heave your disbelief from one side of each fault line to the other side. This reaches such an intensity at many points in TFA, that, after many viewings, I am able to stop screaming at some of the deliveries in AOTC. I never thought it could happen. I owe JJ Abrams for seeing AOTC as a contribution to the universe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.