main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Rate the Rogue One Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Oct 13, 2016.

?

How do you rate the second Rogue One Trailer ?

Poll closed Jan 13, 2017.
  1. Epic

36.5%
  2. Excellent

40.5%
  3. Very Good

14.9%
  4. Good

1.4%
  5. Underwhelming

6.8%
  6. Hated it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    The second official Rogue One trailer is out, how do you rate it?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    in before epic drops below a 100 percent. ;)

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  3. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Excellent.

The music kind of brought it down. I honestly think it sounds generic.

The line: "Rogue. Rogue One" also bothers me. But, that might be because I watch way too much CinemaSins, and they've now made me always notice it when a character says the title (or in this case subtitle) of the movie they're in. It makes me think or say: "Roll credits".

Damn it.

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Excellent for sure!

5. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Epic for sure!

TX-20 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  6. emanswfan

emanswfan Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 2, 2016
    Excellent. Did the best job of the three trailers at showing off the "war" tone, unique visual style, and different storytelling. I'd vote epic however I didn't quite "feel" as much, and did think the dialogue was poorly edited. Otherwise an amazing trailer and just the right amount of Vader.

Krueger likes this.
  7. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    This trailer had the same effect on me as the TFA trailer. I cried of joy.

The music is epic. Yes, it is not John Williams, the master is reserved for the saga films :) But is great music too.

The dialogue was excellent, it worked for me 100%

THE VISUALS OMG

Star Wars, I love you so much !

I know likes this.
  8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Excellent, the best trailer for Rogue One :)

9. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    excellent for me as well. i actually didnt mind the music, it was nice contrasted against Trailer #1 with all the BEEP BEEP *siren sounds* going off. and then it starts to pick up as it goes through the motions.
    visually stunning, i dont think many would argue that.
    gives us more insight into how the movie will play out, how the team will function, more of Jyn and her dynamic with Krennic/Galen. it was cool.

Jedi Daniel and Ricardo Funes like this.
  10. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Epic. My favorite SW trailer in a long, long time.

11. Aetius888

Aetius888 Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2005
    I thought the other two were excellent to epic. This one .... a little weak. Too much exposition.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  12. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    It's was a visual feast. The music wasn't as good as the previous trailer, but THAT shot of Vader more than made up for it!

13. Haytham

Haytham Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 28, 2016
    The first time was a bit underwhelming. It doesn't have the same immediate punch as the other two trailers. It's slower, more methodical in laying out the story and more on the optimistic side. But upon rewatching, I think it's actually my favorite of the three. We have some more amazing visuals, a confirmation of a space battle, Krennic finally speaks and we finally see Galen in motion too, the music is amazing - sounds very distinct, while retaining some classic SW hooks (hoping it's really Giacchino) and some great lines (Krennic, Cassian, Gerrera).

And I'm really glad they aren't overdoing Vader. I was fearing for a stinger, like Vader igniting his lightsaber or facing the rebels or somesuch, but nope, they know what they are doing. Mere teasing is appropriate here.

14. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Well, what can I say, the latest Rogue One trailer gets an "EPIC" vote for me... And here's why:
    - That music is just amazing and captures the mood perfectly (like what Haytham said, I'm also hoping it's Giacchino's work here).
    - We finally have a space battle on a place that reminds me of The Phantom Menace's "Mini Death Star" spaceship.
    - As well as seeing Galen Erso in the flesh (and why he's so important to the Rebels and Jyn, in particular), played by Mads Mikkelsen in a rare good-guy role...
    - The Death Star One certainly looks great (thanks to the advanced CGI of today), since making its return to the big screen after more than 35 years.
    - Lastly, seeing Darth Vader in his full-body armor and doing that strut-like walk towards Krennic is WOW!

15. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    star wars fans are totally insane.

complain about the first 2 trailers 'not enough plot description

last trailer 'too much exposition'

16. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Because fandom, not just Star Wars fandom either, is basically this:
    I want things to be different!
    I didn't mean this different!

EHT, DaddlerTheDalek, Jcuk and 8 others like this.
  17. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Rogue One is going to test these fans. There are tons of different stuff here. It will be the first time we see Star Wars in a beach environment with palm trees and so on !

This is perfect, because the standalone films are the best place to push the limits of SW ! Then we will have this in the saga as well if the reception is positive !

Millennium Falcon 888 and TX-20 like this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Something NEU and old EU fans have had already for years. Since the mid 90's for me.
    Time for the rest of the fanbase to catch up.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    And, that pretty much sums up these forums, in their entirety. We'll be closing down now. I'd like to thank you all for your participation, and I wish you well in your future endeavors.

20. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
  21. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    I ended up voting 'Very Good' because of the music and also some of the dialogue/editing of dialogue, which brought the rest of it down from an epic/excellent. That's certainly no judgment on the actual film, however, as the music was likely just for the trailer and I can live with a few imperfect lines of dialogue. Visually it was beautiful - the costumes are stellar, the locations are fresh and otherworldly and the cinematography is fantastic.

So overall not as good as the previous trailer in my opinion but it definitely increased my excitement for the movie.

raefinnpoe likes this.
  22. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    This is my feelings too. The first time I watched it, I was like, "Ok this is cool, not as epic as the other trailers though." Every time I watch it though it just feels more epic, and I feel more pumped about the movie than the previous time.

Ricardo Funes and Haytham like this.
  23. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Very Good.

24. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm going out on a limb this time and predicting the second biggest December opening weekend of all time.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The RO box office thread. You seek the RO box office thread. :p

Pro Scoundrel and Rylo Ken like this.