main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rate the The Clone Wars Theatrical Movie

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 15, 2008.

?

Rate the The Clone Wars Theatrical Movie

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. 10 (best)

18.3%
  2. 9

14.9%
  3. 8

17.8%
  4. 7

15.4%
  5. 6

11.6%
  6. 5

5.4%
  7. 4

2.5%
  8. 3

5.4%
  9. 2

2.1%
  10. 1 (worst)

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I voted 10 (best).

I saw STAR WARS CLONE WARS on it's opening midnight showing with me and my wife's 27 year old nephew. I absolutely enjoyed it. Extremely well made and extremely fun. :cool:

2. Jedi_Knight_Darkarna

Jedi_Knight_Darkarna Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2004
    Just saw it tonight, i left the cinema feeling pretty good about the film.
    I didnt really have anything bad to say about the film, i gave it a 9 because the only
    thing that let it down was the plot could have been stronger.
    Ahsoka was prehaps annoying at times but i know of 12-13 year old girls that are much worst lol
    Oh and the soundtrack was great, its freshing to hear something new with alittle distorted guitar rather than some recycled JW soundtracks.

3. DuffSolo

DuffSolo Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2008
    I went for a 6, loved the action scenes but cringed at too many other scenes.

4. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    I give it a 7. I was impressed with the animation, the action sequences and some of the humor, but not the storyline (which I found laughably contrived) and not the wooden conceptualization of the characters.

5. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    For me it deserves an solid 8.
    Not as long as the others, and the Ziro/Padme story felt out of place. The animation was a mixed bag; the ships and battles looked fantastic, but the backgrounds(the skylines, planet surfaces etc.) and lip sync were terrible. Loved the music! Overall something different from star wars, and a refreshingly new take on the prequel era.

6. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    It was an entertaining story, but I miss that deeper-SW mysticism and the philosphical side of the saga. This felt like it was cooked up to look cool and to make money. Which it did, but the best part of SW was missing.

And what is with the gay Hutt in makeup??

7. bibfortuitous

bibfortuitous Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 2000
    I gave it a 5. I enjoyed some of it but by the last halfhour even my 3 year old nephew was bored. And Zero the Hutt was awful. I'll give the series a chance but frankly I think Lucas needs to leave things as they are. The Clone Wars need to be left to the imagination. And frankly the prequel stories have been done to death. Either he moves to post ROTJ stories or he just stops. And that's coming from a life long SW fan. He's kicking the backside out of the franchise with little regard for how it will be regarded in years to come.

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    7/10

I saw it yesterday, and I must say I was really impressed. How the critics can rate this movie so low amazes me. I actually thought the story was pretty good, not particularly deep, but it didn?t have to be. Overall I thought it was a lot better than TPM and a more watchable movie than ANH.

9. hanimal

hanimal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2000
    Well, I'm in South Korea, and it came out here this morning - I just saw it and, after reading the reactions and critical dump this has gotten for the last month, I have to say, I was really plesantly surprised. It was fun. It wasn't supposed to be mystical - it was supposed to be an adventure -and it was - and it added to, rather than distracted from the Saga - Zero didn't bug me - he was what he was - a feminine black-sun agent. Stinky didn't bug me, Asoka didn't bug me, the driod-humor didn't bug me, and the music was great, in my opinion - it as nice to hear something new and refreshing for Star Wars - the only thing that slightly felt out of place was the wooden animation of Obiwan and Dooku's faces - other than that, I was a huge fan. I can't wait for each individual episode.

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    the fans here like it, but not everyone digs it and they aren't morons for it. I thought that Wall*E and Kung Fu Panda were very good and it showed at the box office. The clone wars was okay, but its no pixar, and quite frnakly this should have stayed on television. I'm also not digging the heavy marketing. What a total of some 16 to 18 books (USA and UK releases), plus another batch coming out next month and another in Feb 2009. A little overkill if you ask me

11. Timstuff

Timstuff Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    I can't rate the movie because I flat out refuse to see it. I love Star Wars too much to let this movie become a wedge between me and my life long fandom.

12. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    But what if it's good?

13. Timstuff

Timstuff Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2008
    Judging from the trailers, I highly doubt it would meet my personal criteria for "good." I am very picky when it comes to animation, and I do not like how Clone Wars looks. The characters move like robots, and they look like they are carved out of wood. I also do not like that the plot revolves around rescuing Stinky the Hutt, and I think that Anakin having a teenage girl apprentice is a bad idea. Also, I have not read any reviews that inspire confidence in the film.

My room mate, who's a big Star Wars fan saw it, and he basically summed it up like this: if Star Wars was your favorite band, and the prequels were the reunion tour that wasn't quite as good but had good parts, then Clone Wars would be like if the band just came out on stage and started flinging their own poop at the audience. Some people would think that it's hilarious, but most people will want to get out of the auditorium before some crap gets in their eye. It was when he said that that I ultimately decided "I will not watch this, at least not in a theater."

14. darth_degnan

darth_degnan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008

The action is typical and the story is predictable. The writing, especially the dialogue, is HORRIBLE.

The story of the Clone Wars has so much potential. Too bad Lucas has ruined yet another chapter in the would-be-greatest saga ever told.

Whatever happened to Lucas between 1984 and the late 90s is a mystery to me. Maybe, he was cloned. The GL who created the OT may have been replaced by a clone who has idea how to tell a story. Or maybe, its like the movie The Prestige, and GL has a twin who took over after the OT.

15. Draethe

Draethe Jedi Master star 1

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm a little tired of feeling like i need to over analyse movies all the time. I think a lot of people are becoming really negative these days (i fit in this category). So I went in without looking for faults and just tried to watch it as i would have as a kid again. I think i should have approached the prequels the same way. Anyway totally enjoyed it. Great escapism as usual 10/10.

16. darth_degnan

darth_degnan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008
    meant to say "no idea how to tell a story."

17. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    To my surprise, the movie was good. I felt I was watching Star Wars movie for the whole time. So, I'll give it 9.

18. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I gave it a 9.

I went to see it with my brother, and I asked him after the movie was over what he though about it. He said that it was good. And I don't think he is a even Star wars fan. So take that as you will ;)

19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    the movie was not all that, even though I liked it, but I liked it becuase of what I read in the juvenile novel. The cut scene that was missing from the movie really brought it down a notch. I was really looking forward to Anakin and Ashoka fighting against Ventress. You know, I thought that I would be excited a bit for the show, but now that I look at it, I'm kind of pooped. I'm really tired of the clone wars. That was just a three year war to bring about the change. Now its like the main war out of everything. Yes I know that Star Wars is for kids, but ......I always thought it was for everyone......The roger roger and the comedy make that whole era a joke. The Sith return through roger roger, and their revenge is ...getem boyz......Gosh

20. WedgeWalker

WedgeWalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2008
    The Sith return through a bunch of clones blindly following orders and killing their Jedi Generals at the command of the Emperor.

Their revenge is most of the Jedi die...including children struck down by a guy who was a Jedi not 2 hours before.

Yes, the battle droids were goofy. They were supposed to be. If they were hardcore efficient killing machines Palpatine would have never looked into an alternate army (i.e. the clones).

Yes they were goofy. But to focus on that is to miss a lot of what's going on in that time period.

As Obi-Wan said, "you're focusing on the negative."

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Bumping for the DVD release.

22. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    2. Lucky it didn't get a 1.

Lets face it, Star Wars *IS NOT* what it used to be. Either we have the way too dark and depressing in the current novels, or we have the crappy writing, horrible dialogue, horrible characters in the prequels.

23. drivering

drivering Jedi Master

Nov 11, 2008
    What did Star Wars use to be?

24. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Gave it a 7 as a personal view, though admittedly it was probably a 6 objectively, at a stretch. Liked the graphics and action, and the acting wasn't bad for a pilot, especially the clones (trust me, the rest improved a lot in the series! :D) , though the dialogue had quite a few problems that could have been erased if they only worked harder. For one thing, everyone, from Obi-Wan to Yoda to Dooku to Ziro felt the need to repeat that the whole idea was that the Seps were trying to trick Jabba the Hutt. XD

A nice, fun movie. I'd say it was less irritating than Phantom Menace (though I enjoyed that), but also less epic than Attack of the Clones (which is my second favourite prequel) Free yourself from the shackles of the mind (coughoriginalpuristscough[face_skull]) , and you will enjoy this movie. [face_peace]

25. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Good, fun, had good acting and dialogue, no plot holes, and upbeat?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.