main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rate the The Clone Wars Theatrical Movie

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 15, 2008.

?

Rate the The Clone Wars Theatrical Movie

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. 10 (best)

18.3%
  2. 9

14.9%
  3. 8

17.8%
  4. 7

15.4%
  5. 6

11.6%
  6. 5

5.4%
  7. 4

2.5%
  8. 3

5.4%
  9. 2

2.1%
  10. 1 (worst)

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    It was a great deal of fun. Much better than I expected. I'm not rating it as a motion picture as I didn't see it on the big screen. FINALLY I got to see a couple of lightsaber fights. Poor lame old Ventress.lol

I couldn't shake how much Zero sounded like Truman Capote. In the end it was a gas. I gave it an 8.

2. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003

i really like it except how everyone has to state and re-state the mission/objective/threat a million times. in one scene 3 charaters point out that if the energy shield reaches the cannons they are all dead. :rolleyes:

but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the amazing animation and awesome battles

3. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I gave it a 6 as a theater movie. However, if it originally aired as a TV pilot, I would have given it a 9 to 10. It was never really meant to be in the theaters.

4. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    I must be watching a different Star Wars. When has it ever been known for "good acting and dialogue?" When is the last time you watched the original trilogy?

Also, "upbeat?" Let me introduce you to a little film called The Empire Strikes Back.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    1977-1983.:)

6. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Take off the rose-tinted nostalgia glasses for a moment. Apart from Alec and Harrison, the acting was always pretty mediocre. It was spot on effective for the kind of movie Star Wars is, but you can't call it great acting. Most of Liam's, Ewan's and Ian's work in the prequels is superior to CT acting.

Same for dialogue. It works for what Star Wars is, a pulp sci-fi adventure romp, but it's no shakespeare... I agree that prequel dialogue is worse, but that doesn't mean CT dialogue is great.

7. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Amen, brother. I mean, yes. Star Wars WAS and IS revolutionary. But strictly speaking, the acting of the OT was stable but not spectacular, and the dialogue was only marginally better.

Don't get me wrong, though. I love both trilogies equally, with Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi being my favourite films. Reviling one or the other only poisons the experience of the whole.

Curiously, I actually have a friend who is an all out nostalgist, who judges every single prequel thing by every single OT line and sentence. She refuses to acknowledge the rose coloured lenses in front of her eyes, stating that the OT 'was just that awesome'. She also despises the EU, stating it 'contradicts the OT heavily', and hates Quinlan Vos for redeeming himself while believing 'Vader should be the first ever to be redeemed'. Ironically, she thinks KOTOR is awesome and defends that contradiction by saying 'well, it was a long time ago'. I kid you not. XD

And yeah, this is probably the stereotype of 'whiny complaining OT purists', just as 'bootlicking GL worshipper' is the stereotype for people who love the PT. I'm sure most fans just want to enjoy the show as a whole and are able to appreciate the fine points of each movie.

8. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I guess for me the best thing about the Clone Wars movie was being able to go see it without any of the OT/PT baggage. I found it very entertaining in its own right and actually better-paced and much more accessible as legitimate children's entertainment than any of the live action movies.

9. GH-7

GH-7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2008

I really enjoyed it, had a lot of fun just kicking back and watching Star Wars on the big screen. It's obviously not their best work, since it's basically a glorified pilot. The unfair flak it got, I think, has a lot do with people going into it misinformed and with completely wrong expectations. I had a good time with it, and here's hoping that the series finale gets a theatrical release as well.

10. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    It's a 3, 4 at best, somewhat strange really because it got so much better once it moved down to the small screen.

First time I saw it I was furious over the replacement of Obi-Wan, and the fact that they inserted a little brat in his position didn't make it any better. And since I'm no big fan of EU material I didn't get who Asajj was or what she was doing there, much less why she didn't get a proper introduction.

Today I'm more familiar with Asajj and I've accepted that Ashoka/Anakin replace Anakin/Obi-Wan for most parts, it just takes some time getting used to the character (even so I think Obi deserves a bit more space in the series).

But the movie still suffers from a bad and Disneylike relationship and dialog in between Anakin and Ashoka, especially for the first part of the movie. Furthermore the plot is ridiculous, it works for TV, but for a movie you'd expect something more epic than rescuing the son of a gangster who may give the republic advantages if they succeed, it's too far fetched. And then there is of course the bad cutting, it works at the start, but not the last part where Padmé randomly steps in and deals with Siro, who is a previously unheard of character who turns out to be behind everything, and saves the day.

It did have pretty decent action though, and the animation was (and is still) really stylish :D So I guess it was not all bantha pódo.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The funny thing is that I can't recall anybody ever expressing the above sentiment prior to the release of the PT.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh yeah, I didn't like Zirro either. Jabba seems really fickle in wanting to kill the Jedi even after they brought him his son, and even more fickle after he decides not to. Dooku looked ridiculous in letting Anakin steal his speeder bike, and Anakin looked even more ridiculous zipping past Ahsoka while she was fighting off the Magnaguards.

Other than those things, I liked it.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I just keep picturing Ziro reciting Hoffman's dialogue from Capote.[face_laugh]

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Are you serious?

We used to make fun of Luke 24/7.

"But I wanted to go to Toshi Station to pick up some new power converters!"

"That's not true....that's imPOSSible!"

:p

15. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    If Hutts can change their gender, I hope they have the sense to make Ziro Jabba's eccentric aunt next time he appears. XD

16. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    We thought more along the lines of "Luke is a whiner" than "bad acting".

17. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Ditto, we always used to joke about Luke as well.

*contorts face*
    "NooooOOOOoo, noooOOOOoooo"

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeha, the jokes were about Luke being a whiner, never really any complaints baout the acting (other than the popular sentiment that Ford dialed in his ROTJ performance and Hamil's "That's not true, that's impossible! NOOOOOO Noo!!!").

A lot of that came from the multi-episode nature of the film. If you break it up unto the 4 episodes, you better see why they're restating the objective for viewers.

19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The movie is not that great, 4.5 out of 10.

20. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    10, because of the smile on my little cousins face after the Jawas were on screen, he LOVES jawas. He kept screaming OMG IT'S TEH JAWAS, and people would get mad and leave. But the whole experience was awsome.

21. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I give it an 8! One point off since I found the lack of an opening crawl disturbing, and one point off for Ziro. [face_sick]

22. PlagueisesApprentice

PlagueisesApprentice Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2008
    I gave it a nine, mainly because Ziro had that Truman Capote voice.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.