main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA Ravencon 2006-April 21-23, 2006 in Richmond, VA.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediMistressDragon, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    The website is and it is April 21-23, 2006, at the Doubletree Inn at the Richmond Airport. There'll be authors, costumers and gaming guests, including Terry Brooks as author GOH (he wrote Ep I's novelization). Also a masquerade, panels of authors, fandom and costuming, con suite, films, creature feature night, fan tables, dealer's room and gaming. If the group like to have a fan table there suggest contact through the website on that, I'm just the masquerade and Publicity person. Maybe after Starfleet Atlantic meeting that morning in Norfolk, long as can do it maybe Bill and I will stop by with some flyer/membership forms to party if interested. You can download pdf of it from website too.
    Pamela K. Kinney
    http://FantasticDreams.50megs.com
    http://ravencon.com

2. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Thank you for the Info Pam, I will get the word out to my people.

3. JediMistressDragon

Oct 20, 1999
    You can download apdf file with the current flyer/registration form at
    http://ravencon.com/downloads/FlyerSept.pdf
    We won't be able to come, so feel free to download and pass out.
    Pam

4. DOMNUSKYWALKER

DOMNUSKYWALKER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2005
    Is anyone from the group going to do a display at the Ravencon?
    It sounds like fun. Ive never been to one. Ive been asked to vend one with my Renaissance business but they were so far away I couldn't. Let me know if the group is going.

Chris aka/Domnu

5. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Not sure yet if anyone is going to be attending this one. I am going to present it to the other council members and then we will prolly discuss it more with everyone at the next meeting.

6. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    Thanks again for responding. Any word when the january meeting will be? How many people for the group post here? It seems like just you, Obi-Dan and I. Ive posted to the other boards and no one responds. Here mostly you respond, which Im not by any means complaining. I like to be on top of things and prepared thats all. I appreciate you taking time to do that.

Im researching new costumes and hopefully will have working models to bring to the next meeting. I am professional seamstress. I know when you tell people you sew they dont really take you serious untill they see your work in person. I found some blend of whool that I sent to get samples of. If they are the right texture and drape I will use them to make some proto-types robes. Im alergic to 100% wool. So Im trying to find alternatives the give the same look as wool and flowing drape.

Talk at you later

Chris aka/Domnu

7. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Thats not true i also post here. I feel sad that you left me out. ahah jk. i think the meeting in jan is during the first week of jan. i cant remember the exact date though.

8. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    I will be posting a thread in here shortly with all the tenative meeting dates for the next 6 months.

9. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    Im sorry I did leave you out. Bad me!! I will have to tell the house elf to iron his fingers. (not really) LOL

Amazing thing happen when you clean out junk mail. I found the listing that has the meatings on it we got in November. The next one is Jan 14th 2:30 to 4:00 at the library. It didnt say in costum, I would asume it is.

I found the Wierd Al Jedi music video, and American Jedi downloads on line. I cant stop laughing at the piano player Emporer. Funny stuff!!

Im going to attemp to make my own light saber. I have never done anything with electronic stuff except make a lamp for my desk when I was a kid. I have to get a soddering iron, so this should be interesting. Im doing all kinds of new hobbies this coming year. I feel a great shift in the force. A new direction for the Period clothing line.

My oldest daughter loves Padme' Episonde II III, and my youngest loves Aalya Secura. She loved being painted blue. (yea I know). But she dosent get it from anyone completely strang. I going to be painted red and white for Shaak Ti.
    Ive down loaded alot of picture to update thier costumes. My youngest lost alot of weight in Air Force boot camp so I have to do alot of alterations. I thinking on just making her costume over less hassels.

Im looking forward to the next meeting. I tell everyone I know about the group. Im looking forward to doing alot too.

Well Ive bent your ears long enough got to get back to the day job.

Chris aka/Domnu

PS could you all sign you names. Its easier for me to learn them that way. Heehee!! Still a newby.

10. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    Im sorry I did leave you out. Bad me!! I will have to tell the house elf to iron his fingers. (not really) LOL

Amazing thing happen when you clean out junk mail. I found the listing that has the meatings on it we got in November. The next one is Jan 14th 2:30 to 4:00 at the library. It didnt say in costum, I would asume it is.

I found the Wierd Al Jedi music video, and American Jedi downloads on line. I cant stop laughing at the piano player Emporer. Funny stuff!!

Im going to attemp to make my own light saber. I have never done anything with electronic stuff except make a lamp for my desk when I was a kid. I have to get a soddering iron, so this should be interesting. Im doing all kinds of new hobbies this coming year. I feel a great shift in the force. A new direction for the Period clothing line.

My oldest daughter loves Padme' Episonde II III, and my youngest loves Aalya Secura. She loved being painted blue. (yea I know). But she dosent get it from anyone completely strang. I going to be painted red and white for Shaak Ti.
    Ive down loaded alot of picture to update thier costumes. My youngest lost alot of weight in Air Force boot camp so I have to do alot of alterations. I thinking on just making her costume over less hassels.

Im looking forward to the next meeting. I tell everyone I know about the group. Im looking forward to doing alot too.

Well Ive bent your ears long enough got to get back to the day job.

Chris aka/Domnu

PS could you all sign you names. Its easier for me to learn them that way. Heehee!! Still a newby.

11. JediMistressDragon

Oct 20, 1999
    Please do attend. The director in charge of gaming is also looking for someone to take charge of a Stars Wars LARP. Anyone here can do that? If so, she goes by Shadow and her email address is shadows_dsm@ureach.com <shadows_dsm@ureach.com> so if anyone can do this, contact her.
    Pam

12. obi_dan_67

obi_dan_67 Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    This might be a fun event. I am contemplating on going. I am also thinking about going to the San Diego one - COMIC-ON 2006. It's in July. I have been to one and it's a lot of fun. I have family in SD so I usually stay with them (as I am doing now).

13. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    Im sure there will be others that want to go. My husband and I most likely will go, his birthday is that week and it would be fun to get out of town so Im pretty sure we will be there.

I hope someone has given the info to Rick and the counsel to consider or set up. Richmond isnt that far, It would be good exposure for the group. Alot of people would go with advanced notice Im sure.

Chris aka/Domnu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.