main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA RavenCon 2008

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by utinnigirl, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    RavenCon 2008: April 25 - 27, 2008 in Richmond, Virginia
    http://Ravencon.com/

The idea was tossed around on GT to have a joint fan table with the 501st and Richmond FanForce. We might even be able to get a table of our own, but I am not sure yet. It would be a great place to show people that we are here, and hopefully bring in more members from the Richmond area(s).

I know we (Tony and I) are going and possibly Luke (Shabad). Anyone else interested in coming out to show your support?

This might be a good time to make a banner. Nothing special, and something inexpensive; we could all pitch-in to have one made.

Let me know what you think of the idea of Richmond FanForce being represented at RavenCon this year.

2. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    I believe Paul (nekokaiju here)will have a table there too.

3. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    We should all put our tables by each other. I know we have one as well.

4. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    Jeand and I might be able to stop in some time during RavenCon.
    I don't have the baseball schedule yet (for my sons team), so I'm trying not to book too many weekend events.

That being said, I wouldn't mind trying to make an appearance for a bit in costume.
    A table featuring both FF and the 501st is a pretty good idea!

5. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Fanforce itself should probably just have one table, and have info based on our regions.

6. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Man, make it happen. I'll stop by and pretend like I dont know you all. We'll share silent stares and then I'll burst out in a dramatic reading! Seriously, from what I've heard it's supposed to be better than last year but all is relevant. Must come to see for myself (waddles away murmurring).

7. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    What kind of stuff goes on at RavenCon? What's it for? Never heard of it.

Will there be any SW related cons in the Richmond area this year?

8. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    As part of the programming, there will be a SW Expanded Universe Panel given by the Hampton Roads Rebellion FanForce.

I don't know the specific time on Saturday.

9. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Maybe we should do a "How to pick a place to eat for your monthly gathering" panel? :)

10. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    It's called: Be active on the boards and have an ACTUAL opinion...JOE!

Back on topic - I am not even sure we are going to Raven Con now.

11. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    You mean you & Aimee or our Fanforce group in general?

12. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Aimee and I might not make it. FanForce is more than welcome to do as they wish.

13. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    If I remember correctly I offered two restaurants, both of which were shot down because I guess you don't like them ;)

Yes my lord! Thank you!

I'm going to play Ravencon by ear, if I feel like going I will just to hang out with people. I don't know if the value for the money is there for me. Whether Richmond FF needs to host a table is up in the air still, we are growing fine organically.

14. Tetmatek

Tetmatek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2005
    I thought FF was Hydroponic o_O

15. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Nice try, Eddie! :rolleyes:

16. TarnishedFILM

TarnishedFILM Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2007
    Holy cow i have NOTHING going on that weekend... not really in the best place to head up any kinda planing.. but if you guys really want to do this i'll be glad to help someone else get the ball rolling and put together something and get some printing of some sorta info done.. and i'd be able to help that weekend

again not really able to set this up on my own but i'd be glad to team up and help someone else with it...

17. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Due to cost of the Con itself, I do not plan to be there...nor do many other Richmond FanForce members. I just cannot justify that price for a really small con.

18. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Did anyone go to this? Its a dog gone shame that we've gotta a Con in our backyard but no one to service it. They need to lower the price, gear it more to Sci Fi, move the date up a little, invite heavy Star Wars/Star Trek participation. Have more dealers for shirts & toys and above all, advertise it. At least in the Sunday paper the week prior. The location should be moved too. IMO of course.

19. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I agree with Troy... in the end there didn't seem to be enough to draw me into this con for the price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.