main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ravenloft: The D&D adventure I never got to play.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by BobaFrank, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I grew up in the early 80s when D&D was still new. I've played all the adventures except for Ravenloft. Being a vampire fanatic I always wanted to play but it never happened. There was even a Ravenloft II. Is there anyone here who has played the Ravenloft adventure? How was it?

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Broke the mold of most dungeon crawls right off the bat. (no choroptera pun intended)

Once you finally entered the house, mapping was impossible because the maps were presented in an isometric 3-D view.

Eventually, Ravenloft became it's own world setting--the demi-plane of dread. There were 2 box sets (second one mostly useless), detailed kingdoms/domains, their lords/rulers, and the crimes committed. One of the Dragonlance Villains (Lord Soth?) has a home there.

There was also a CD adventure with a narration and FX track that wasn't too bad called "Light in the Belfrey".

Like SpellJammer, Ravenloft setting had its fans and detractors.

Not sure if all that helps. I'm sure you'll be able to find 3.0, 3.5, and eventually 4.0 conversions.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I've DMed many variations of Ravenloft over the years and it's always a pleasure to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.