Ray Park (Darth Maul) and Daniel Logan (Boba Fett) in Salt Lake!

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by jedi5150, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Check it out!

http://www.entertainmentlegends.com/CelebrityAutographExpo.html

Autographs will be $20.00 each....

The 501st Alpine Garrison is working out event details with Entertainment Legends Management. I'll keep you posted!

I'd like to figure out a way to get to this, and take my kids...

Doug
  2. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    They are certainly begging for free ambience when they say "Show up in costume!"

But where is Sandy Utah anyway? And I take it that the 501st will be there for both days?

Well, I'll probably go. Tim Zahn's adrenaline hasnt wore off yet.
  3. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Sandy Utah is, for all intents and purposes, a suburb of SLC, just to the south. Mapquest says 229 miles from IF to Sandy vs. 214 to SLC.

The 501st will be there in force on Saturday, Sunday is yet to be determined. As they put it on the Alpine Garrison boards, they called themselves a bunch of "Religious Zealot Imperials".... :)

Sunday may be a better day to go for crowds, but will surely be worse as far as 501st attendance is concerned.

I'd like to get a pic of Levi in his Fett gear standing next to daniel logan!

At this point I can't guarantee I can go but I'm going to do everything I can to make it happen.
  4. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Anybody want to ride with me? I'm taking my boys and Ryan's riding with me, but I could probably take 1 or 2 more people. Anybody to chip in for gas really helps.

I will be spending the night, my Dad lives down there and we're going to crash at his place.

Doug
  5. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    OK, I think my vehicle is full now. Nick will be riding with me as well, and we need room for costumes, clothes, etc.

6. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am leaving Friday night and returning Saturday night, spending Friday night in a hotel. I have room for two people if anyone couldnt fit in Dougs car.
  7. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh Wow! What a great time! We had so much fun!

We arrived at the event in time to get dressed before the event. We (The 501st Alpine Garrison)were provided with a room to change in. From I.F. we had me, Nick, Ryan, Barry, and my 2 boys. The garrison got into costume and started working the crowd who was waiting for the actors to arrive. We had many, many pics of us taken during the day.

But that's not the cool stuff. Levi wore his Boba Fett costume, and as soon as Daniel Logan saw him, Logan chased Levi down to meet him! He took several pics with Levi, holding Levi's helmet, etc! Later while Daniel was signing, he borrowed Levi's helmet and put it on! Then he borrowed Levi's blaster and was taking pics with fans with Levi's helmet and blaster! Levi and Jaiden each got to take a turn standing at Ray Park's side while he signed autographs. Jaiden had his ANH Luke costume on, and Ray really liked it. At one point Jaiden had taken it off, and Ray saw him and said "Dude, where's your outfit? You've gotta put it back on!" so Jaiden did, with a smile a mile wide on his face.

The rest of the Alpine Garrison was there in force. We had Vader, Both Boba and Jango, a stormtrooer, a scout trooper, a royal guard, an imperial gunner, and imperial officer, Padme in her Battle uniform from the end of Episode I, Podracer Anakin, Jawa, another Jedi, Greedo, a tusken raider, and Darth Maul!

Sometime around noon, the person wearing Boba Fett armor walked up to me, and about 6" from my face said "Don't Move Jedi"....I recognized the voice but couldn't place it. Then he lifted his helmet, and it was DANIEL LOGAN! He had borrowed Mike Handy's Boba Fett armor and was walking around in it! He posed for pics with Levi with them both IN FETT ARMOR.

When the stars took a lunch break, Nick ended up having a very special opportunity. I won't spoil it, I'll let him tell ya, but man, it's SOOOO COOOL!

Later in the afternoon, Ray Park did some lightsaber moves, and some gymnastics/acrobatics!

All of the actors were VERY COOL, very nice people. When Jaiden went to give Ray Park the $20.00 for his autograph, Ray shook his head and said "No no, this one's on me, I like your outfit"!

We got to hang out with the actors quite a bit, and they were very down-to-earth people. Ray is the nicest man I've ever met, and Daniel has become a very fine young man.

Ryan ended up on the local fox news here in SLC in his officer uniform, and we all just had a great time!

Lots more stories to tell, I wish you all could have come!

OK, enough bragging for now!

Doug
  8. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome Doug! It sounds like both actors were very down to Earth and easy to talk and relate to! That's alwayt cool when actors can just become part of the crowd and be recognized while still just being "human." I wish I could of made it to that event. I'm really looking forward to Celebration III now.
  9. amazonqueen16 Jedi Knight

Hey its Kiery,
    Does anyone know what Daniel Logan wrote on the picture that Nick is going to give to me? j/w. Unless Nick wants it to be a surprise.
  10. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Kiery,
    I'm sure you've seen the pic by now, hope you liked it! Nick was really excited to get those for ya!

Doug
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.