main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Ray Park Returns to Star Wars films. (sort of)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by MrMojoRisin, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    This from Moviehole.com:

Ray Park, best known as the cherry-faced Darth Maul in ?Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace?, says he has just returned ? albeit briefly ? to the world of George Lucas?s space phenomenon.
    Park tells IESB.net that he shot just a cameo in the movie ?Fanboys?, a film about a group of kids that go on a cross-country journey to the Skywalker ranch to watch the first "Star Wars" prequel. ?I did a cameo in that?, he tells. ?I play a THX-guard leader. It?s just a homage to what I?ve done (in Phantom Menace)?.
    Originally, says Park, director Kevin Smith and ?Star Wars? icon Mark Hamill were also supposed to play security guards in the scene too. ?It would have been a lot of fun, I was looking forward to working with those guys?. Instead, William Katt of ?The Greatest American Hero? fame, ended up doing the scene with Park.
    (I can tell you a couple of other "Star Wars" faves that will be making appearances in the film too - Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams - and some fab Non-Wars actors too, like Christopher McDonald ("The Faculty"), Danny Trejo ("Desperado"), and David Denman ("The Office"). Not bad at all).
    As for whether Darth Maul may make a return appearance in the upcoming ?Star Wars? TV series, Park says he?s definitely up for it. ?If they asked me to come back and play Darth Maul, either before or afterwards, I?d love to do it because seeing some of the different concepts of Darth Maul in the past now, got me really excited, and I?d like to show something different [of him]?.

2. senator__padme

senator__padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    Hm.. sounds like an interesting film.

"Cherry-faced?" Way to make Darth Maul sound completely unintimidating... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.