R'bolt's AOTC Preview Cards

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Restrainingbolt, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Changes have been posted. Great text suggestions! With respect to Anakin's Saber, are you sure it's best to drop the "adds 1 to force drain" text. Always loved the sabers for that. I've also added "Moisture Farmer" as a subtitle to Owen Lars card. If you think of something better, let me know. May have some additional thoughts, but it's late.

Editing at home is sure a lot easier now that the pages have been broken into light and dark cards.

R'Bolt

2. BigPoppaJabba Jedi Master

star 4
    The Yoda with Stick card looks awesome!
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    >>With respect to Anakin's Saber, are you sure it's best to drop the "adds 1 to force drain" text. Always loved the sabers for that.<<

Well, the reason I dropped it was because I didn't want to invalidate the previous Anakin's Lightsaber from the Hoth expansion. I think the trade off of being able to target vehicles is worth it though::)

Plus, there was a version of vader's saber that didn't add force drain bonsues, so I guess I could justify it being a psuedo-relfection of that.
  4. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Glad you like the Yoda with stick! :) I do too. Can't wait to replace the somewhat pixelated image with a higher resolution one once I get my hands on the DVD. With respect to Anakin's Saber ...understood. It does make sense to keep it different for the other saber.

I've just posted a couple of additonal card pics to my site.

Zam with Blaster Pistol :) I personally love this image.
    Darkside E2 CCG Cards

Amidala with Blaster Pistol.
    E2 Cards In Process

(I've posted the Amidala pic to the Cards in process page because I just couldn't get the pic to look the way I wanted it. I love the pic of Amidala but couldn't get a background to look natural. Let me know what you think!

R'Bolt
  5. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Love that Zam pic::)

I'd drop the piloting gametext- enhanced characters tend to only have one additional function besides their weapon..don't want to overpower her.

I'd also rename the weapon to *Zam's Blaster Pistol (since that is a unique name, as opposed to the generic KDY designation).

Also, you said "if destiny +2< defense value", instead of "if destiny+2 > defense value by accident.

Ditto on the piloting gametext and < symbol for Amidala.

I'm tempted to suggest we give her an "agressive negotiation" Politics=2 ::)

Maybe this pic, from the clone war trailer would be better? (this is the 320 version, try grabbing it from the 640 for better quality..hopefully that won't be quite as blurry)

[image=http://www.denimfilms.com/aotcccgproject/Amidalapic.jpg]

I'm thinking, with all these "enhanced" characters and extra personas of mains, perhaps we should set aside a few cards for one or two mini-"Enhanced AOTC" expansions?
  6. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    An enhanced set (or 2) might just be in order! :) I agree... the mains are starting to stack up, but they are sure fun to make! I just couldn't resist when I found the Zam image.

With respect to Amidala, I haven't really been able to get a screen grab of anything close enough to being sharp. That pic you posted would be great if it wasn't so blurry. I actually used the background from that same scene to try and incorporate it with the sharp image I found on Starwars.com. I'm not crazy about publicity shots (prefer movie images), but there's not much more to get out of the trailers. It's not a biggie... the Amidala card can definately wait.

With respect to the pilot text ...I'm not sure dropping the piloting feature would be a good idea. Perhaps the battle destiny adder with Fett? (Always did love Leia and Han with Guns game text.) I've checked most of the enhanced characters and they all do some pretty neat stuff. Most add piloting power, in addition to other neat stuff. Zam is after all only Power 3 and there are a heck of a lot of Jedi out there.

I'll post some changes to the piloting game text for Zam. Give it some more thought and let me know what you think. My son is going to try and make a stab at some text as well. Perhaps we can see what he comes up with!

R'Bolt

7. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    >> With respect to the pilot text ...I'm not sure dropping the piloting feature would be a good idea.<<

Well, my only concern was the gametext was getting crowded (I'm guilty of that too- eventually we'll probably have to try and reword a few of these cards to get the gametext length down a bit.) but your right..she she have something to balance out her low power.
  8. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    For those following this thread... posted four new cards to my site.

A Jedi Shall Not Know Hatred Nor Anger
    Nor Love
    Forbidden Love
    Across The Stars

E2 Cards in Process

R-Bolt
  9. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Posted Dark Side Objective cards to the Cards in Process (link above) page "with images". I still need an image (pic) for "Something More Subtle" and will get that card updated as soon as I get a suitable one.

Many Other Ways To Kill A Senator
    There Can Be No Mistake This Time
    Assassination Contract

R'Bolt

10. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Just an update to our discussions about locations and their having characters in the pictures. I've checked a number of locations and have found a quite a few with characters included in the pics. Here are just a few from Premier and A New Hope.

Tatooine Cantina
    Sandcrawler Loading Bay
    Yavin Briefing Room
    Death Star Conference Room
    Yavin 4: Massassi Throne Room
    Yavin 4: Massassi War Room

R'Bolt
  11. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Well, then having characters in the location pics is ok- but I think we should do it in moderation, and use "people-removed" versions if possible, unless it just looks better with them.
  12. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Posted versions of the following to my site:

Bail Organa
    Jango Fett's Slave 1
    Jedi Master Proficiency.

They have been posted to the Cards in Process page.
    Cards in Process

I also agree 2ndQuest that pics of people should be used sparingly in any location pics. Any suggested changes_corrections to the card text is always welcomed!

R'Bolt
  13. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Revised Yoda cards have been posted. These are two of my favorite cards to date! :)

Master Yoda, Jedi Instructor
    Jedi Younglings
    Cards In Process

R'Bolt

14. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Yoda's destiny number is trying to run away[face_batting]
  15. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Wooops... how did that happen! :)

R'Bolt
  16. BigPoppaJabba Jedi Master

star 4
    Just lookign at your cards in progress page. Maybe one of the two clones pics could be used for...

LS: The clones will do their Job well. (I think that's the quote)
    Lore: Jango and the Kaminos were more than confident the Jedi would be pleased with their creations.

Deploy on table. If you just drew a unique (.) card for battle destiny that duplicates your card on table, you may use X force to increase that card's destiny by X (Limit 3). Stack that destiny here. Lose this effect (place stacked cards in used pile) if there are more than 2 cards stacked here. (Immune to Alter)

The Slave 1 card needs to say how many pilots it can have. Maybe it can say "may add one pilot", but Boba's GT allows him to add pilots "above the normal amount listed"
  17. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Great suggestions. I've should have revisions to the Slave 1 and Boba cards along with your cloning text added to one of the two potential cloning cards posted shortly to the Cards in Process page. Let me know what you think. Cards In Process

Jango Fett's Slave 1
    Boba Fett, Young Warrior
    They Will Do Their Job Well

As always discussion is welcomed on any cards posted.

R'Bolt
  18. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Check out the following link for a "new site" which is set up to display our 3 Fan Based expansions along with the proposed Enhanced_Premium set. I have moved cards to their respective pages. The placement, as well as the cards themselves are not definitive versions and subject to further revisions.

http://homepage.mac.com/dark183rd/Menu6.html

AOTC SWCCG "Dream Card" Expansions

R'Bolt
  19. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    The quote, btw, is "They'll do their job well."

I was hoping to use that quote for the flipside of the cloning objective, but thats all flexible [face_batting]
  20. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    All revisions to cards are up as suggested. Just a note ...I changed the images on "We're Keepers Of The Peace" and "Not Soldiers". I had trouble with the pic on Not Soldiers (somehow the file got corrupted and wouldn't diplay correctly in the browser). I think these pics work better anyhoo...

R'Bolt
  21. Obi-Ron42 Jedi Knight

star 1
    These cards look great! Amazing job!

Just a thought: Do you think the Republic Cruiser should "move as a starfighter?" They do seem to be landed on the planet's suface in AOTC.
  22. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah... kinda makes you wonder if the Imperial Star Destroyers could do the same thing. Don't know... they are pretty much the same design and are Capital Ships.

R'Bolt
  23. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Imp Stars were larger, so they could not land. Vic Stars could enter an atmosphere supposedly, but not land.
  24. iwjev Jedi Knight

star 1
    It is cool that you are making a new Podrace (Malastare Podracing). I just a few comments.

1. You should make a Malastare: Podrace Arena and Podrace Bay. To keep podracing simalar.

2. With the winner having to have a Race total > 12 + opponents Race total is going to make for a huge race. and you only get 2 Force and your opponent only losses 3 Force. Since your race is bigger then the Boonta Eve Podrace you should make it be worth more not less.
  25. Restrainingbolt Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going to let 2ndQuest comment on this since they're his card designs. I do think the primary benifit to winning the race is not necessarily force retrieval, but the ability to serve for cards in your Force pile for the remainder of the game and be able to deploy them.

R'Bolt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.