main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx RE: 2003 San Diego Comic Con Planning Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    As it says in my sig line...

04-23-03

T- 85 days!

2. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    first thing we need to do is figure out where to stay.

now, we've established that kirana & jupiter will be heading up wednesday for preview night, and that pretty much the rest of us will be heading up thursday. and also that the royal family will be staying at a hotel for the weekend.

also, i believe void & sistine have discussed the possibility of a lot of us crashing at her spare apartment while she moves, since there'd be a bit of an overlap between the moveout of one to the movein to the other. but i understand that with moe leaving for san diego sooner than expected, that could mean that there won't be a spare apartment since sistine may not need to move.

huh.

personally i suggest we all just chip in for a suite or something. biiiig space to crash out in, be close to the action, and have a nearby place to change out of costume and grab a snack.

"what do you think, sirs?"
    (10 pts to the first person to place this quote) :D

3. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Well Mick, myself, LJC, and Feldman are reserved at the Casa de Sistine. They were going to have 2 apartments at the time (due to the lease on 1 ending a few days after con), but I think that plan got nixed.

4. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    yeah, otherwise i'd have reserved space at casa de sistine II. do you know if she's full up for the weekend?

5. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Ask/PM her ? It's her place :)

6. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    i will, but first i think it's time to start counting heads as to who wants to get a hotel room or something. that way we can get a good idea how the cost will break down individually.

7. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    I will only have the one place...wait...Moe and I will have the one place. People staying with us (strange to say):

Lady_Jedi_Carenix
    Wench
    Mick
    Void
    DarthFeldman
    Blackfeather
    Wardenex

which fills us up...however I will look into other places.

8. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Hope you guys have fun in SD at Com Con...

:_|

9. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    thanks sistine, i was pretty sure that you were full but had to be sure.

so far, we've accounted for your group and the royals. i'm going to see about options hotel-wise. should i put it to the group on a seperate thread about what hotel to stay at?

10. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Just want to express my EXTREME happiness that I can actualy go this year!
    WOOHOOOO

11. Zam_Holly

Zam_Holly Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    Sistne can I stay with you on the night of the 18th as you know it is the night befor my wedding? It is up to you

12. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    That sounds like a good idea Blackfeather.

MJ, do you want me to come talk to your parents ? I can do a REALLY good responsible group routine for them. Trust me, I can give a great layout on the plan...how good it would be for your development as an adult, have them feel like they're still in touch with you, everything :)

13. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    The only way it would be better is if I could come out there & have a talk w/ them...

I am the Official Talking to Parents/Authority Figures Person in our group too. :D Being a youth worker and soon to be HS School teacher makes most people feel very comfortable allowing me to corrup-, I mean, influence their children :D ;)

14. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Planning? :confused: What is this thing known as planning? :confused:

While we're on planning, do we know who to talk to about getting a table at Con again this year (and whether or not it'll be free again)? :confused:

EDIT: Maybe we all ought to chip in and pay for a plane ticket to get ZOO down here to talk to MJ's parents. ;) :)

EDIT2: Just in case someone is planning to go but hasn't preregistered yet, here's the link to the prereg form: Preregistration Form

15. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    This might not be a problem :D Waiting to get some details before I share :D :D

16. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
  17. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Yes, Void, that would be great. My mom's saying that with everything going on with my dad, that she really needs me at home, but it's just a weekend. I've gone before during the weekend, but whatever.

18. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Jessica and I are planning on leaving Monday afternoon. We going to spend Tuesday and most of Wednesday at the Mouse House. :D

We'll drive down to San Diego late Wednesday afternoon, arriving in plenty of time to meet up with everyone at Preview Night.

Hotel arrangements are still pending.

If anyone else wants to join us in combining two vacations, you're welcome to. The more the merrier (and cheaper!). :D

19. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    hmmm. say, when you girls get to san diego, would you be ok w/holding onto the room for the rest of the people coming up if we all chipped in for the time we're staying?

oh, and feel free to take your blasters off stun-mode, disintegrations are allowed. :D

20. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    To clarify a few things:

There will only be one apartment available, since Brandy and I will be sharing her current apartment, not moving into a new one.

At this time, reservations are closed at "Che Moe et Sistine". If you're not listed on Sistine's previous list, unfortunately, we cannot accomodate you.

That is all for now.

21. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    btw, for those of us going to the brotherhood shindig, will we all be going in one group/car?

22. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    For the Brotherhood event there will be a caravan of vehicles... ;)

23. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    oh good, that way we don't have to worry 'bout running out of gas. ah, the serenity of a goth party with kewl goths.

24. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    **planning**

25. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    Che Moe et Sistine :confused: Can you order that at a French Cafe?

Still planning...

SDSWS is going to have a table again this year...is the PFF???

SDSWS Con Planning Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.