main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx RE: 2003 San Diego Comic Con Planning Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I've got a PM in to MJF for contact info so I can get a table for us.

2. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Attention JBS!!!

What day are we wearing our shirts???

hmmm... create a poll I think I will....

3. Zam_Holly

Zam_Holly Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    how about the 18th it is a friday?

4. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    ok, i'm gonna look into vacancies at the hotel that kreleia's bunch will be at, so that we can stay grouped together. i pm'd her for the name of the hotel, but do any of you happen to remember which one it is?

5. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Blackfeather, we're staying at the Wyndham that's about a ½ mile from the convention center. :)

Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner - had very little time to actually check messages yesterday. [face_blush]

6. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    btw, since there are a few folks that won't be able to go until the weekend, lets plan for JBS shirts on Sunday. :) That way we can get as many girls as possible wearing them. :D

7. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    Sunday sounds good! Like a Con wrap up!

8. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    for those not staying at "casa de sistine" what hotel are you staying at??

9. Zam_Holly

Zam_Holly Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    MJ are you going to con

10. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    current standings re:hotel-

likely to be the wyndham, as we can keep the group together w/the royal family. so far we only have three, likely four people that've confirmed they'll be at the hotel as well: jupitertronic, kirana, idiots_array & likely his g-f. this might mean either one room w/two beds, two rooms if IA wants privacy, or one suite. i'm gonna ask people at the meeting who's gonna want to share a room or what.

11. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Sorry, Holly, the way things are going... i won't be able to... i might actually be in LA on those days...

12. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    los angeles, or louisiana?

13. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    Hey dave do you have the contact info for the hotel can you PM me with that info so i can discuss it with the GF.

14. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    ok, so far we got at least five for the hotel. six if arizonasithlord's onboard, seven with his gf, and eight if idiots_array's gf is onboard.

i gotta find out how big wyndham's suites are and how many beds they have. it's safe to say that sleeping bags are essential. yeah. definitely sleeping bags, definitely.

15. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    UPDATE!!!!

according to the travel-planners' site that comic-con's using for reservations, the wyndham's full up. if it's to be believed, the only places left w/room for anybody is the holiday inn and the radisson. guys, do you want me to make a reservation anywhere just to make sure we got a place to crash?

i also plan to make a few calls to the wyndham directly, just in case. hopefully they'll have a huge suite that's not on the comic-con list or something.

16. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Yes, go ahead and make the reservation. We stayed at a Holiday Inn last year (a little ways away from the convention center, so probably not the same one), and the room was plenty big enough for the seven of us. Sleeping bags are definitely useful. (As are earplugs. :D)

17. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    NEW UPDATE!!!

one, the travel planner website is not all that and a bag o'chips. two, i think i may have a couple hotels that have some really cheap rates (especially split 5-6 ways), available double bed rooms (no suites) on the southwest airlines site and are close to kreleia's hotel and the con center (the closest we'll get to being in one group). three, if no suites are available then we can just get two double rooms on the same floor or something. how's that sound?

edit: forget what i said about the two double rooms. the hotels i looked into... well, you wouldn't want your worst enemy to stay at apparently. oops. [face_blush]
    so i'm going ahead and reserving a suite at the holiday inn on the bay. nightly rate of $269 w/out tax, divided 5 ways it comes to $53 a night more or less, and it only goes down from there with each additional person. it's still walking distance from the con, and half a mile from kreleia's hotel, and should have space for everyone. don't know about a jacuzzi yet. remember, this is just a reservation, it can be changed if anyone disagrees with this choice, and we still have time to find something else. how's this sound?

18. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    ok, assuming i can get friday off, i would like to join everyone. this is conditional but i got the go ahead, so i'm trying to make this happen!
    as it is i am planning on leaving thursday night. is anyone else? can i get a ride, or am i going to have to drive alone?

19. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hmm... Hey Void, when is our group leaving?
    i need to make sure i get the correct time off from work..
    any ideas?

20. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I'm not sure, I want to leave friday day or thursday night. But Mick doesn't think she can get that friday off. So possibly friday night as soon as humanly possible.

21. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Which days have you reserved the room for, Blackfeather?

22. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    the room's set for wednesday 7/16 to sunday 7/20.

say void, i thought we were getting there on thursday morning the 17th. that's when it starts, right?

23. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    We may not be going as a group, but as individuals...depends on when people can get days off.

24. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    in that case, we need to start organizing who's going when, so we can sort out how they'll get there and with who.

25. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    I am going to ask my boss for Thursday and Friday off...so anyone staying with me that doesn't have a car will have a ride. I will also more than likely be going to the Preview night... just FYI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.