main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx RE: 2003 San Diego Comic Con Planning Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    i got ya joel!

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Hello from Denver. I want to go so bad, but lack of fundage & time off from work.

Darth_Hair, my darker half is dying for a Silver Edition Boba Fett. He has the other 2 Silver edition action figures and is dying for this one. Could someone pick us up one? We only need one, we will not sell it ever, ever.

If you would like to see some of our collection please go to rmff.net it's in the photo gallery somewhere.

3. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    heres a cool map of the convention center that mara jade fan sent me!
    it has some locations highlighted.

just thought you guys might like to see it...

4. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    nice sideshow!
    now..can anyone print it and bring copies to the meeting?

5. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    that'll be my department. i'm also compiling a map of the vicinity to show where everyone will be situated.

the mission dossiers are not to be disclosed to civilians without prior authorization. individual and group assignments will be determined between now and the next meeting.

that is all. dismissed.

6. DarkSiderSteve

DarkSiderSteve Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2003
    Hey yo.... Just wanted to let you guys know that I'll going down Friday and Saturday with a fellow DSG'er. I'll be doing Maul Sat for sure and possibly Friday. See you all there. Be sure to say hi.

7. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Oh boy while the Rebels are away...we Sith shall play!

8. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    who knows.. maybe Darth Feldman might make an appearance as well.. :)

9. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    Hey DarkSiderSteve...you need to find me at Con while in your Maul gear. I have a friend who would like to do a picture or two with you...lord knows I cannot find the thread from last year with the photo of her and I together however I can tell you it would be a bad-*** shot.

10. DarkSiderSteve

Jun 11, 2003
    Sounds good. I'll find you if you dont find me first.

Bad a** shot ay? Does she have a costume?

11. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    i've got just about everything sorted out. costume will be finished by the meeting, and under budget (yay!). borrowing a lightsaber 'cause i haven't bought a dremel tool yet, though i found more than a few parts that'll make it curve naturally and look awesome. and i bought my ticket for the brotherhood party. hee.

now to track down the uber-caffinated sobi i hear bunny and mobius talk about...

12. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    If you are worried about trying to find Sobi during Con, your prayers are answered. There is a Cost Plus REALLY close to the Convention center (Big warehouse near the Hilton) that sells it.
    Which reminds me, I need to pick up some too.

Vol
    "19th Comic Con and counting"

13. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Actually I'm looking for Sobe Mr Green....they have that in bulk ? I'd pick some up for our group to keep on conning :)

14. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    Bad a** shot ay? Does she have a costume?

Ummm, don't know how to respond to that...give me a minute

15. DarkSiderSteve

Jun 11, 2003
    OK, the gentlemen I was planning on going had to change his schedule around a bit to accomadate work (which I can understand) thus having him to fly down and leaving Sat night. Also not as many people staying in the room as originally planned. So this would cost a little beyond my budget and possibly leaving me to cancel the trip. Airfare was like $120 from SW.

So Im looking to go down Thursday (I need probably 6 hours to get in costume for Fri), attend con Fri and Sat leaving Sunday (possibly attending Sun as well). Have to be back before Mon morning though.

Does this work with anyone? Could anyone maybe throw some prices my way if it does? Im on a tight budget (want at least 2 Keldors :D ) and just want to make sure I have enough if I can go. Sorry for the drag on e-mail. Thx

16. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    sounds like you could use a few square feet of carpet at the holiday inn (see my prior mission dossiers re accomodations at the holiday inn). everyone think this will work?

also when did you want to leave on thursday?

17. DarkSiderSteve

Jun 11, 2003
    Oh, I see it now. So would it be $20 a night or does that go down some with an additional person?

I dont really want to go the con on Thurs- really just wanted to be down Thurs night. But Im able to leave at anytime that day as I have no work.

I dont really have alot of stuff to bring either. Pretty light traveler.

18. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    hmm... i think sideshow is heading down late thursday or early friday, pm him for the details and if he could fit you in the car. post once you get the info.

btw, i'm recalc-ing the figures to take into account if you stay at the room, and also taking hotel taxes :mad: into account as well. still, should be cake.

19. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    sorry, my boat is full...i've got feldman and IA in the car with jenn and myself...

your more than welcome to drive with us, we will be leaving about 0300 friday morning...

20. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    gotcha... but there are other options that came up while updating the mission dossier. something will come up.

21. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Steve....

Mick and I are leaving appx 1800 thursday night and have room for you on the way up, however we're going to a different location for lodging...though we might be able to work something out for the one night.

I've also got room for you on the way back, but it will be 4 people at that point in the car. We're leaving to aim at being back appx midnight sunday night/monday morning.

22. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    Okay: I am needing a schedule here...my brain is sewing...

Void, Mick and DarkSiderSteve: arrives 'Thursday' night...I would say early Friday morning but know how my brother drives. (Bro you are going to be in charge of the house Friday after Moe and I go to work...we leave at 7:45...eeekkkk)
    Feldman: arrives (my place) Friday night
    Blackfeather & Lady Jedi Carenix Thursday...day...
    Wardenx arrives around the same time as Void...
    Okay Cool...

I needed to get my ducks in a row!

I was going to say to bring towels, blanket and pillows...however if room is limited in vehicles it is okay...we can all share...hahahaha!

23. DarkSiderSteve

Jun 11, 2003
    Void, this sounds perfect for me. Please forgive me if I dont commit right this very minute. Im waiting a response from my friend on the issue and dont want to pull the trigger on him. I should know tomorrow or the next day.

You said you have different lodging and could perhaps accomodate the first night. Is this in a hotel? Or a friends house?
    *EDIT* Nevermind. I see your staying with Sistine.

Thank you very much.

24. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    Umm, correction!
    thats:
    Blackfeather, Bunny & Lady Jedi Carenix Thursday...day...

25. DarkSiderSteve

Jun 11, 2003
    Ok, Im definitely in. Void: I'll ride up and back with you and Mick. Thurs night and Sun night
    Sistine has graciously offered me space for a night to practice my sith meditations.
    Other 2 nights I'll be at the Holiday Inn with the other folks. Of course im in for gas and rent. No mooching for me. Does this sound about right?

Blackfeather: Is the Holiday Inn thing cool with everyone?

Also does anyone know the price of those Keldors?

This is all very much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.