main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada RE: American influence

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by ArtyEwok, Jan 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    Having only 3 TV channels, I can safely say that the CRTC really pisses me off. I want more foreign TV Content. I love THH22M and RCAF but the sheer amount of drama and slice of life shows that come out of the canadian creative minds bore me to tears. I'm sorry to anyone invilved, I know you're doing your best.. but sometimes all I want is a fluffy sitcom, or a cartoon or a movie or something that doesn't involve halifax, anne of green gables or the turn of last century or that doesn;t make something like, say, financial trading look really really really intereesting. Gag. ;)

I'm all for globalization, while preserving things that make us canadian.. but by shutting out evil american influence (tm) we could be shutting ourselves out to many good things as well like technology, Free Trade and TV shows.

Isolationism is something to be avoided and this kind of reminds me of when I lived in Australia and it was always 'Bloody Yank!' this or 'Bloody Yank!' that from many people and then the same people would be wearing chigaco bulls caps, watching American movies and TV and other hypocritcal things :)

Not all americans are evil and nasty and mean, either.. I've lived in the US, in Canada, in Australia and every country has its flaws and its merits. Not saying I'd want to join the US, nope.. ugh.. their politics are really, really worse than ours.

That's my little thing :)

ArtyEwok- Canadian, Australian and proud.

2. LuminousBeing

LuminousBeing Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2001
    I am a United States Citizen by birth. So as far as how Canada is being influenced by American media I have not seen it from your country's point of view, but from my point of view Canada should do everything to resist it. Our media is run by 8 major corporations and a group called the Council of Foreign Relations (CFR). About 95% of the media is regulated to show a very deceptive point of view, which is why it is easy to make fun of Americans because they have been dumbed down for several generations now.
    There are 3 major networks on TV: ABC, NBC, CBS. All of them are operated by the afore mentioned groups and have one thing in common...they show the exact same one-sided point of view always. To ever find out the Truth about a topic the individual has to look to outside countries for resources because the objective of the CFR is a one world government (NWO/UN).
    There is a good documentary on this (Done by Canadians no less) called Manufacturing Consent featuring Noam Chomsky (who consequently is banned from American Media by the CFR/95% media).
    I am not sure on what your paper requires but if you need to ask a question about anything in regards to this or other information my e-mail is listed on my profile.
    May the Force be with you,
    Matthew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.