main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver RE: any other high schoolers, if you care about your education...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by jade_angel, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Next year I'll be in grade 12... and of all the frickin luck. Oh well I'm not too happy about this but if grade 12 PE program doesn't change as much as it is now then I won't really care. It seems fun though I'm rather pissed since it's taking up an unnecessary block up on schedule and I'll have to sacrifice one course just to fit that in!!! Grrrrrr. Mandatory PE 12 is a laugh I mean English I can understand since you'll be using English for the rest of your life... but PE? Come on!!

2. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    obiwansbeard: ??.and you probably know that some genius out there wants to make some changes starting next year, ie. making PE mandatory until gr. 12.?

I haven?t been paying enough attention to the local news lately, but is Christy Clark (the Minister of Education) this ?genius? perchance, Erin? I met her once; actually she presented me with an award way back in....(ironically)...Gr. 12. As a person, I didn?t know what to make of her on this occaision. She was a little too chipper when I talked to her; but from what I could observe, she was very much a politician. :(

In terms of mandatory PE for those in Gr. 12, I don?t agree with it. Although I didn?t take PE 12 Myself, I did take PE 11, which was not mandatory. In fact, demand and enrolment was so low for PE 11 (at STM ? an all-boys, jock school at the time), we didn?t even have enough Gr. 11 students for the class. [face_shocked] The PE 11 & 12 classes had to be joined. [face_shocked]

[b]jade_angel[/b]: ?[i]It seems fun though I'm rather pissed since it's taking up an unnecessary block up on schedule and I'll have to sacrifice one course just to fit that in!!![/i]?

My [i]spare block[/i] was quite a blessing. It was a good time to study, catch up on homework, and even engage in some occasional adolescent hijinx. [face_laugh] I hope you don?t lose the you opportunity to have a [i]spare block[/i] next year, [b]Christine[/b]. [face_hopeful]

3. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    they're gonna what?!?!?!?!?!

I only have one thing to say: ................................

4. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    "...she was very much a politician."

As in Padme politician, or Palpatine politician?

5. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    "As in Padme politician, or Palpatine politician?"

I would definitely she is a politician in the same mold as Palpatine; of course, she distinctly lacks his intelligence. ;)

[image=http://www3.telus.net/christy/a/p7.jpg][image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/palpatine/palp.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.