main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Can someone review my SWCCG light side deck

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Restrainingbolt, Jun 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    I don't see any "defensive shields" in your deck. Excuse me if I missed them. I haven't played with them yet either. It seems to me that the players that have been showing up lately at Gaming Night are all using them. It's a way of expanding your deck total to 70 cards. I'm not sure how the mechanic works, but I'm sure there are others here on this board that will let you know that.

R'Bolt

2. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Comments:

Heading for the Medical Frigate
    Wise Advice
    Sai'torr Kal Fas (virtual)

You need a third effect. You HAVE to start The Way Of Things. MWYHL is slow enough; this effect really helps a lot.

Another choice would be Twilight Is Upon Me. Very useful if you're playing The Force Is Strong With This One and/or Anakin Skywalker -- and you're playing both! :)

In fact, you may not need to start Sai'torr Kal Fas V. Son of Skywalker can pull his own saber. Or put some of the new Luke/Han/Leia's Back V (and don't forget Return of the Jedi V) to get those weapons.

Han Solo
    General Solo

Nah. Don't serve much purpose. For this deck, your best bet would be Han with Heavy Blaster Pistol, or (maybe even better) TK-422. At least you might cancel some of your opponents drains with TK-422.

Luke with Lightsaber
    Son of Skywalker
    Leia Rebel Princess
    Daughter of Skywalker

Personally, I would go with either:

Luke with Lightsaber x2
    Daughter of Skywalker x2

-or-

Son of Skywalker x2
    Leia Rebel Princess
    Boushh

Depends on who you really intend to train, Luke or Leia. You don't want to train Leia and only have Son of Skywalker in your hand ... you won't be able to deploy him. Same if you train Luke and only have Daughter in your hand, you can deploy her, but only for a LOT of force.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Obi-Wan with Lightsaber

Any Obi-Wan is better than Premiere Obi-Wan. Go with another Obi-Wan with Lightsaber, or Padawan Obi, or Obi Jedi Knight (reflections 3).

Chewie, Enraged
    Corran Horn
    Orrimaarko

All good cards. :)

Lando with Blaster Pistol

Nah. Either Lando Scoundrel, Lando with Vibro Axe, or, since you're weak on ships anyway, Lando in Millenium Falcon.

Jar Jar Binks
    Figrin D'an

Two of my favorite aliens! :)

But where's Brisky Morning Munchen? Gotta have BMM!

Jerus Jannick
    Queen Amidala, Ruler of Naboo

Jerus is nice with Leia, true. But ditch the Queen. Padme Naberrie maybe, especially with two Obi-Wan's, but not the Queen. Jerus still works with Padme, by the way.

Yoda

Duh. :)

Might even want two...

Artoo & Threepio

Not if you have Artoo in Red 5. One needs to go.

Starships

Gold Leader in Gold 1
    Artoo-Deeto in Red 5
    Tantive IV

Very, very weak. One or two Lando in Falcon would help. One or two Han Chewie and Falcon would be better, if you ditched all the Han and Chewie characters, which is no big loss to this deck.

Weapons:

Han's Heavy Blaster Pistol (virtual)
    Obi-Wan's Lightsaber
    Amidala's Blaster
    Anakin's Lightsaber

No problem.

Devices:

Electrobinoculars

One of my favorite devices! :)

Have you thought of putting BoShek V in your deck? He pulls devices.

Effects:

Lightsaber Proficiency
    Traffic Control
    Advantage
    Reflection
    Yoda's Hope

Not bad.

I've Got a bad feeling about this x2

Obviously, if you make any of my other changes, one or two of these may go.... Or maybe not....

Protector

With only one Chewie, I don't know that you're going to get to use this interrupt that much.

Jedi Tests:

Great Warrior
    A Jedi's Strength
    Domain of Evil
    Size Matters Not
    It is the Future You See
    You Must Confront Vader

No problem there! :)

Locations:

Tatooine: Mos Eisley
    Tatooine: Cantina
    Dagobah: Bog Clearing
    Dagobah: Jungle
    Dagobah
    Dagobah: Yoda's Hut
    Dagobah: Swamp
    Dagobah: Training Area

Ditch the Tatooine locations. If you're depending on drawing the locations out of your deck, they might as well be "twix" locations (2-0 locations) like Rendezvous Point, Obi-Wan's Hut (!), Massassi War Room, Jedi Council Chamber, stuff like that.

Also, as was mentioned before, you'll need defensive shields. And throw Anakin's Podracer in there, just in case.

In casual games this deck may be fun to play, but it

3. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Hmmm... fun and with lots of battling? I still have the most fun with my Profit deck; you usually have to battle a lot with that deck. We'll Handle This usually gets a lot of action, drains of 2 or 3 per site kinda forces your opponent to come after you. The new shields limit you somewhat, but not too much. Watch Your Step usually battles a lot, but it's not always a "fun" deck.

The most FUN I had with a light deck is Agents In The Court with Caldera Righim and Talz'es. Caldera waltzes into the galactic senate all alone; they can't battle him, their ability is too high, and he blocks their drains there. If they move senators out, boom, those senators are no longer "in a senate majority" and can't use their game text! Caldera definitely annoys your opponent. And Ben Kenobi and a Talz at a site together is just too funny. Talz takes Ben's place if he's hit, and then Ben revives the Talz! Not a powerful deck, but a FUN deck. :)

The most fun deck I've played -- even more fun than the Talz AITC deck above -- is actually a dark deck, Watto's "No Money No Parts No Deal" deck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.