main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN RE: CELEBRATION III DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Still waiting on my packet to arrive. Hope the mailman didn't hijack it. [face_thinking]

2. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    my mailman would be in for some serious pain if he is keepin' mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Mike consider your extra ticket to Cel 3 sold. I have a bud coming up for the fist two days and Ivan is coming the last two days...so it works out perfect.

Thank you VERY VERY much.

4. jed1Yoda

jed1Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2004
    Hi all,

Although I'm in Chattanooga and not Nashville (was for 11 years), I thought I'd post this here also..

Out of those that are planning on attending C III, are any of you any good with Lego's??

They are having a contest at C III ... http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2005/03/news20050318c.html

and I have just recieved confirmation that my team has been accepted. They will be mailing me a practice set (a Lego Star destroyer with over 3000 pieces) and I'm going to need 6 or 7 more people to help out. So if you think you have what it takes to build this thing, let me know that you are interested, and what you would consider your Lego Skill Set to be.. once I get the practice set in the mail I will be having lots of practice sessions

I'm also recruiting teammates on theforce.net's boards, so I'm sure we will have plenty of good people, just the more that we can get to practice together the better.

Spread the word, I'll have to make up my mind on all the team members asap.

Thanks

[JW]Yoda

5. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Nothing came today :(

6. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    well, i'm good at and LOVE legos, but how would the practicing be done?

i haven't built anything over a year anywayzz, sooo... lol

7. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Just got everything in the mail today. Pass, four friends/family tickets, lanyard, and topper. The latest Insider arrived, too.

8. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I got my Insider (awesome issue), but still now C3 stuff. Why does GenCon hate me so???

I'm pretty good at Lego's, but not sure how I'd do without the instructions. But still might be interested in helping.

9. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    They must have a strange mailing system..I still have not recieved my insider or badge for cel 3.....maybe today.

10. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Same here. Nothing today either [image=http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_109v.gif]

11. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Got my CIII stuff last Thursday. :D

12. jed1Yoda

jed1Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2004
    Ok, last call for this, and I have my teams times so it will help you decide:

1st Round: Friday 1:00 pm
    2nd Round: Saturday 1:00 pm
    Finals: Saturday 4:00 pm

I have to have my roster submitted by tomorrow am, so e-mail me the following info if you are interested.

What level of Lego Skills you have (beginner, intermediate, advenced, expert) ?
    day and approx time (morning, aft, eve) you will arrive/depart in Indy
    would you be able to practice any on Wednesday afternoon or evening?

Thanks

[JW]Yoda
    Yoda@jediwarriors.com

13. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    *pout*

No CIII pack...again...the mailman is in serious jepordey....

14. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Same here :( At least I got my SW Insider though. Hopefully it will come this weekend.

15. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Still waiting. Everyone be on the look-out for the huge contingent of USPS employees at C3. Meanwhile the rest of us will be locked out as GenCon says, "But we mailed your badge a month ago." ;)

16. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Only got my insider...still waiting on badges.

17. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I FINALLY GOT MY BADGES!!! EVERYTHING WAS CORRECT INCLUDING MY BREAKFAST WITH WARRICK DAVIS CERTIFICATE & DARTH VADER TOPPER! I'm ready to CELEBRATE!!! [face_dancing] :D I hope everybody else waiting gets theirs SOON!

18. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Still haven't received a C3 thing yet. Think I'm going to contact GenCon to see what the deal is.

EDIT: After looking at the official site, looks like April 6th is the panic date if you still haven't received your badge.

19. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
  20. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    ALSO...New Policies for autographs at C3:

Personal Autographs

Before getting an autograph you must first purchase autograph coupons. Coupons are $10 each, and the actors require between 1 and 3 coupons for each autograph. Limited Edition Celebration III photos are also available for purchase at $5.00 each, but may only be purchased with an autograph. If you are providing your own item to sign, you need not purchase a photo.

Because there are so many actors (41) and photos (108+), we have printed order form booklets. You can pickup an order booklet from the Answer Booth. The booklet shows each actor, their photos and how many coupons are required for that actor. The form is designed to help you easily note how many autograph coupons and photos you wish to purchase. You will need to complete this form prior to entering the coupon purchase line. You may pay with cash, or credit card, including Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express.

Pre-Signed Autographs

We also have a store where you may purchase many of the same autographed Limited Edition photos without waiting in the sometimes long personal autograph lines. This line will allow you to choose from autographed photos, even if the actor has not arrived yet.

Managing Lines

We have planned for a Fast Path system and will begin using it if either of the lines grow very long. We will hand out passes to anybody that asks at a minimum of 1 hour in the future. The Fast Path card has an appointment time on it. You may leave and return to the shorter Fast Path line only during the printed time on the card. For example, if it says 1:30 - 2:00, then you may neither enter the line before 1:30, nor after 2:00, but when you enter it, you will receive priority access to the cashiers.

We expect only 25% of our actors will have lines significant enough to warrant special line management. The process for controlling these lines achieved with numbered wristbands. Upon purchasing your coupons, you will be given a wristband that is numbered. At the entrance to each of the controlled actor lines there will be an elevated marker board. On it will be a number between 1 and 21. When we start the day, we will write a number 1 on the board, indicating those with a 1 on their band may enter the line. We will keep raising the number until we have a full queue. Additionally, we will raise the number throughout the day to fill the queue up as it runs down. The earlier you get your bracelet, the earlier you can enter the controlled lines, all weekend long.

IN OTHER WORDS FAN CLUB MEMBERS WHO GO TO THE AUTOGRAPH BOOTH FIRST WILL BE BETTER OFF THROUGHOUT THE CONVENTION

The wristband is made from Tyvek, which is waterproof and is not removable without tearing it. Yes, it will last through sleeping and showers. You must be wearing it to enter the controlled actor lines. The wristband is no longer valid if you remove it.

Photos of / with actors:

You may take photos of the actors as time and room allows. Taking photos with actors is always up each individual actor as well as subject to time and line management.

Other items for sale in the room:

While we aren't selling unsigned photos by themselves, they are available as a complete set for $199.99, which is significantly less than the $540+ it would cost if you purchased all of them individually. This set will be sold in the autograph protection area of the hall. If you are planning to purchase 40 photos anyway, buying the set will potentially save you quite a bit of money. There will also be Limited Edition Celebration III autograph binders and plastic photo "top-loads" available for your photos for protection.

Additionally, we will have very limited edition sets of all-single-autograph photos available (autographed). The price of this set will be available during the show when the total number of photos in it is finalized.

21. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    i wish they had autographs for people that weren't going to be there...i'd give, well, quite a bit for Natalies! :(

22. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Temuera is going to make some bank off me. I've got a nice standard size pic of Jango for him to sign along with a poster size enlargement of a costumed photo, the inside of my helmet, something to display next to my Blasters and maybe a cool Clone commander pic if they have one. Thats a easy 100 bucks. Good thing thats the only autograph I really want besides one of Leeanna Walsman.

23. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    well, my mailman is no longer in jepordey...my stuff came today! he dosen't know how close he was...

24. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I was wondering if maybe for lunch or dinner one day during Celebration our group wanted to get together at Buffalo Wild Wings? There is one within walking distance of the RCA dome next to the Circle Centre Mall:

Buffalo Wild Wings
    15 E. Maryland St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    317-916-WING (9464)

We had such a great Wing Ding in November for Dylan's birthday, I thought it would be awesome if we could have one at Celebration too. =P~ Maybe this is something we could even have a Southeastern Fan Force gathering for with Minacia Brightstar's region???

What is the best time for everyone? I don't want to take away from everyone's experience at Celebration, but I think it would be cool if NAD could get together for one meal during the event.

Here is my tentative evening schedule

Wednesday night: Bulls vs Pacers 7:00 (could go to BWW before)
    Thursday night: Jillians gathering 8:30
    Friday night: Fan Force Party 7:00 (could go to BWW before)
    Saturday night: Celebration @ Celebration 7:00 (could go to BWW before)

25. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    It seems like most of the creative team for the prequels are coming to C3!!!

Ian McCaig & Ryan Church. I love their artwork. Their pieces are very creative & their play on color, especially Ryan Church, evokes strong emotions. [image=http://ryanchurch.com/images/sw_ep2/gcp530.jpg] I hope they have affordable prints for sale that they will sign.
    Also coming are:
    Concept Artist
    Robert E. Barnes
    Dan Gregoire: Animatics
    Don Bies...Droidmaster
    John Knoll has been a Visual Effects Supervisor
    Lorne Peterson - AWESOME Model maker for Original trilogy
    Concept Design Supervisor Erik Tiemens
    Academy Award-winning Visual Effects Supervisor Roger Guyett

Quite frankly I would rather meet these guys then almost any of the actors from Star Wars. These are the real wizards of George Lucas that made the Star Wars movies what they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.