main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN RE: CELEBRATION III DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Kir Kanos posted on 4/4/05 9:41am
    I was wondering if maybe for lunch or dinner one day during Celebration our group wanted to get together at Buffalo Wild Wings?
    [hr][/blockquote]

Well, twist my arm why don't ya? [face_chicken] [face_drooling]

2. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    gee, I don't know, I am not sure if anyone likes wings.....:)

3. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    we could probably do it.....the only thing we may have going is that hotel dinner thingy.....
    i'd have to see what else comes up on the schedule, too....but...tenetively we're in

4. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    :eek: [face_hypnotized] HES COMING!!! GEORGE LUCAS IS COMING TO CELEBRATION III!!!!!!! [face_dancing] WHOOOP!!!

The filmmaker will be appearing on the Sagamore Ballroom stage with host Jay Laga'aia, where he will answer questions about his experiences creating the Star Wars saga, the surprises along the way, and his thoughts about what might come next both for him as a filmmaker and for Star Wars after Revenge of the Sith leaves the big screen.

Final details are being arranged, but Lucas has confirmed his plans to be in Indianapolis at some point during the four-day Celebration III, April 21 -- 24. Gen Con LLC, which is managing Celebration III in partnership with Lucasfilm, has reopened its advance ticket sales from now through 5:00 PM PST this Friday, April 8. If you haven't purchased a ticket yet, this is one way to guarantee your ability to attend the biggest Star Wars fan convention ever. Advance ticket sales already are well more than double those of advanced sales for Celebration II.

THE FULL STORY

I hope this isn't a late April fools joke ;)

5. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    WOW!!!!! If it's true, then I can check another thing off my list of things I want to do or see in life.

Just got my badges in the mail today as well.

6. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Nah. I dont like wings either. But I will still get together and eat 'em.
    I think before the Pacers game would be good.

7. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    no I love wings...I'm in!

8. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    COOL! It sounds like Jay (Elan-rai) & Tracy (Penzargrat) are going to join us for the Celebration Wing Ding too.

9. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    Ya know, sarcasm just seem to come out right when you type it.

10. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Details on the wing-ding please!

I would love to see you folks again after the blast we had at the Thoroughbred for Ep II.

11. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002

starwars.com Community News Article

Celebration III Shopping Spree!
    April 06, 2005

Hall F
    Indiana Convention Center
    Thursday, April 21
    Noon -- 1 pm Fan Club Members Only
    1 pm -- 8 pm Open For All

Friday & Saturday, April 22 & 23
    9 am -- 10 am Fan Club Members Only
    10 am -- 8 pm Open For All

Sunday, April 24
    9 am -- 10 am Fan Club Members Only
    10 am -- 4 pm Open For All

Get ready to scoop up some great collectibles created especially for Star Wars Celebration III. More than 40 items will be available, from T-shirts for men, women, and kids to baseball hats, posters to commemorative pins, lanyards to cool bottle openers to folding camp chairs, and everything in between. Click here for a PDF file detailing the items that will be available.
    At the top of every collector's shopping list will be the talking Darth Vader action figure, with phrases recorded exclusively for the figure by actor James Earl Jones. There's also a Celebration III display case for the action figure, custom-made to fit.

Every day of the convention the Celebration Store will be open long hours, ready to handle large crowds efficiently with a Fast Path system. The Fast Path pass will allow shoppers to enter the store at the appointed time, within controlled half-hour segments, avoiding long lines and having more fun! Pick up Fast Path passes outside Hall F.

The Celebration Store is located in Exhibit Hall F. There will also be a Celebration Kiosk near registration, where shoppers can purchase a small assortment of items such as disposable cameras, program books, and lanyards. Action figures will not be sold at the kiosk.

The Celebration III Store is open every day during the weekend while supplies of collectibles last. Shipping services and an ATM are available near Hall F. Cash, traveler's checks, personal checks with a valid ID, and the following credit cards will be accepted: VISA, Master Card, American Express, and Discover.

Shopping Limits & Supplies
    Action figures are limited to 4 figures per person, 4 per 4-day badge (adult or child), exhibitor, press, volunteer, VIP, staff, or associate badge, and 1 per 1-day badge. Each badge will be hole-punched in the appropriate area. Badge sets are limited to 2 sets per person, and will be shipped after the show.

Customers will not be allowed to inspect and choose action figures. We will do our best to make sure no damaged merchandise is sold.

Stocks of items in the store will be spread throughout the days of the convention.

C3 swag

Can anyone get the list to work? I cant for some reason.

12. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    "Customers will not be allowed to inspect and choose action figures. We will do our best to make sure no damaged merchandise is sold.

THATS NICE! "You get what you get & you don't fuss a bit."

In other words, get your figures early so that you aren't getting the bottom of the barrel.

BTW, I went & ordered my autograph coupons already with OFFICIALPIX.COM, just to expedite things. You get in the fast line that way.

"You can advance buy Celebration III Autograph and Photo coupons and Unsigned Photo Sets now, and avoid a potentially long coupon purchase line at the show.

For security, we will not mail out coupons. Customers who advance order need to print out the PayPal transaction receipt and bring it with you to Celebration III. This receipt will allow you direct access into the Coupon Fast Path line to pickup your advance purchased coupons and / or photo set(s). You should receive a confirmation email from PayPal upon completion of a successful transaction. Be sure you do as you will need this confirmation to identify your purchase and receive your coupons. NOTE: when you pick up your coupons, we will put your line control wristbands on you, so the person(s) who will be standing in line must be present. "

Its also a good way to budget yourself & decide ahead of time who you are going to get autographs from so that you have more time to check out other things.

13. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    On Friday, between 2:00 -- 4:00, artist Tsuneo Sanda will be showcasing many of his stunning Star Wars artworks and signing an exclusive print which is free to fans(not on high quality paper I'm sure). These will only be available at the StarWarsShop.com booth.

Also on Friday, from 5:00 -- 6:00, and on Saturday from 11:00 -- 1:00, fans can meet the talented Episode III artists responsible for three recent Star Wars publications. These artists will be available to sign their books and talk with fans, but may not be available during both time slots, so make sure to keep coming back to see who's stopped by!

Fans should make sure to purchase their books in advance and bring them to the event, since they will not be available for purchase at the StarWarsShop booth.

14. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    we'll be getting to indy on Wed. the 20th....would that be an ok evening for the wing-ding? or are not to many coming in a day early?

15. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    I think most are heading up thursday am, I know kylie an I are leaving at that time...I had hoped for a wed night. but not so sure that is gonna work out...I think thursday night may work for most though!

16. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Well, since some aren't coming up until Thursday, how does meeting up around 6:00 on Thursday evening April 21st at Buffalo Wild Wings sound?

Buffalo Wild Wings is less then 1/4 mile from the RCA dome on the other side of Circle Centre (just past intersection of Meridian St) on E Maryland St. (The same street as the Main entrance into the convention center).

17. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    if it's not during anything, that's cool with us. :)

18. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    C3 Schedule
    The convention goes until 8 p.m. Thursday night, but most people will crave sustenance before then ~ FOOD!!! =P~

However, the only thing I can see that somebody might miss is the "Great SW Guests!" from 6-8 on the saga stage (Warwick Davis host). And its definitely NOT GL, he will be on the Sagamore stage with Jay Laguia. We can tentatively plan on this for now & if the C3 schedule becomes more specific & lets us know before then who "Great SW Guests!" refers to we can play it by ear.

19. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    will it not interfere with the Opening Ceremonies? as in...waiting for? or will they have a different system?

20. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I pushed the time up 30 minutes to 6:00. That way everyone will have 2-1/2 hours before opening Ceremonies. I figure we'll be there a little more than an hour, so that should allow everyone time to get back an hour before Opening Ceremonies. If we place our order maybe 15 minutes early (via phone) then that will expedite our stay there. Will that work better for everyone?

I can start a separate thread on this for our order if we are all agreed on the time & day.

Tentative Attendees:

Kir Kanos
    Hama
    Audiogirl21 + hubby
    Jedichic07 + Kylie
    Gmsepiroth
    LordInvar
    Elan-rai
    Toymaster
    Darth_Ravenger
    Penzargrat?

21. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Greetings!

I would like to invite you all to stop by the convention center parking lot each evening during C3 where several members of the 501st legion Southern Outpost will have a nightly cookout/tailgate party.

Quite a few of us will be "camping" in the CC parking lot during C3 instead of shelling out 100's for a hotel room. The main party will be centered around the RV our own Terri and Chris are planting there. We expect a few vans as well.

Bring your lawn chairs, and stop by the c-store and purchase a six pack to add to the cooler!

As Zach can attest, you haven't partied till you've partied with the 501st!

22. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    not a C3 question, but definitely Indy related.....has anyone ever been to the Zoo there? Is it worth seeing?

just in case ;)

thanks

23. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    audiogirl21 posted on 4/11/05 9:11am
    not a C3 question, but definitely Indy related.....has anyone ever been to the Zoo there? Is it worth seeing?
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Yes, and yes.

24. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Scott, please add my name plus roommate Brent (Darth_Ravenger) to the list!

25. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Anyone going to be up in Indy Wed. night?

A co-worker and I are coming up right after work which puts us in Indy around 9:30 - 10 PM.

Late night snack get-together?

Early Breakfast?

Just inquiring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.