Nash, TN RE: CELEBRATION III DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMSepiroth Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not everyone is impervious to inclement weather & sleep deprevation like Gmsepiroth is

I just that was worth repeating.
  2. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought you might enjoy that ;)
  3. audiogirl21 Jedi Knight

star 3
    we leave in one more day, YA! leave in one more day, YA! :D

is anyone else acting like a little kid and running all around totally excited? or...did i just embarras my self. ;)

8-} [face_dancing]
  4. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    well, I'm running around cleaning my house.....:)
  5. audiogirl21 Jedi Knight

star 3
    that too! everything has to get done..today... :D
  6. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I'm getting antsy here at work.

BTW, here is the layout for the front entrance into the convention center. If you have to pick up anything at Will Call, go to your right. Remember, for those going tomorrow, you can pick up anything from Will Call between 2-8 p.m. On site Registration will commence form 5-8 p.m.

[image=http://www.starwarscelebration.com/images/reg-area-layout.jpg]
  7. audiogirl21 Jedi Knight

star 3
    and...is it just me or should i bring long johns?! looks like it's gonna be in the 30's fri and sat. am?
  8. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    YUP! Its going to be COLD especially Saturday & Sunday mornings. Bring a winter coat or dress in layers. They are talking rain on Saturday too now, so definitely pack your rain poncho. I got mine at Lowes in CS ($3 in isle 16). Walmart in CS was of course OUT of them.

You might be better off taking a blanket or even a heavy duty garbage bag (if you can sit down that is). I would also either bring a canvas chair (Target has Star wars Darth Vader ones) or some kind of seat cushin so that you won't have to sit on the cold concrete. That way you won't have to run to the rest room & take off your long johns, unless you think you that you aren't going to be hot once you get inside.
  9. audiogirl21 Jedi Knight

star 3
    that map confused me...... so will the FC line go down past the Courtyard marriott (left) or the other direction? (right).....

only been there once, still trying to get my bearings...
  10. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    That map is an interior plan of the entrance. "Fan Club" on the map just shows you where people can sign up for the fan club once they get inside. I would assume that the lines will be like they were for C2. The EXTERIOR Fan Club line will start from the main entrance & go towards the Courtyard by Marriot & around the RCA dome.
  11. audiogirl21 Jedi Knight

star 3
    ok. thanks...just trying to eleminate walking the line surveying people as to which one it is and then going with it. lol
  12. GMSepiroth Jedi Knight

star 3
    [image=http://starwars.com/community/news/2005/02/img/20050211_map.jpg]

line

this should clear it up. The Non-Fan-Club line goes in the opisite direction.
  13. audiogirl21 Jedi Knight

star 3
    see you all there...

be safe!
  14. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    FYI Mike, your links in the previous post go nowhere.
  15. audiogirl21 Jedi Knight

star 3
    so what was everyones experience at C3? who saw Lucas?

16. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    I guess we can un-sticky this thread now that CIII is over.
  17. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll ask Hama to unstick this thread.

Shannon, you said that the GL event just fell into your lap. How did that happen?
  18. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    *bump*

Okay, we figured out a way to make this unsticky. We just had to remove the first post. The thread vanished, or so we thought. It just dropped down the list.
  19. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Good work Hama! Good to see that the RSAs are earning their paychecks? ;)
  20. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Paychecks? Hama, you never told me we get payed for this gig!

Hey, would you let me know when the shirts will be done? I'm itching for that NAD shirt!

Oh, and I'm looking for the husband and wife that my wife and I met and talked to in line Friday morning in the rain. We were the couple with the two boys wearing the Star Wars shoes. You told us you thought about bringing your kids - but were worried you'd be like one of those exhausted moms slumped up against the wall at the bottom of the stairs!

[face_laugh]
  21. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    G4 aired it's C3 episode of "Electronic Playground" on Tuesday night. They will rerun it on 5/14/05 at 9:30 AM ET.

From what I saw on the Stargate boards, MTV's TRL will be airing a SW themed show tomorrow (5/13/05) at 4 PM (timezone unknown).

Don't forget that Time magazine has a SW cover story this week.
  22. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    I found this quite amusing...

I got an e-mail telling all about event registration for Gen Con Indy 2005. I sent a reply that simply said "Hope it's organized better than CIII." Surprisingly, I actually got this response:

"We have run the Gen Con gaming conventions for many years. It has a much different format than Celebration III and we are not a licensee for it. Celebration III is a much different beast since we are a licensee and must take direction from Lucasfilm. Hope this helps!

Lindsay Ohman
    Technical Services
    Registration System Tech Support
    Webmaster
    Gen Con LLC

Mark your calendar for Gen Con Indy - August 18 - 21, 2005."

23. audiogirl21 Jedi Knight

star 3
    riiiiiiighhhhttt.
    how funny

cuz you know if you asked lucasfolm, they'd say it was all GenCon. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.