main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN RE: CELEBRATION III DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    FF will only be there as tourists. Word came through the CR forum that LFL only wants to use the 501 & RL as slaves. Basically they gave the FF & Official Fan Club the finger. They figure they've got enough help from the costumers. Wonder what will happen if they get as many no-shows as supposedly happened at C2?

2. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Makes since, considering over half of those attending will more than likely be a member of either FF or the Official Fan Club (or both). Wouldn't want the help to be the same ones that could be out there spending all that money!

3. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    any word??

4. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Nuthin' yet...only 8 days left in September though, so we should know something within the week!

5. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    ITS UP!!!

On Monday, Sept. 27, Star Wars fans officially can get their plans underway for Celebration III, the event that promises to be the most electrifying Star Wars extravaganza ever. Tickets for the 4-day festival, slated for April 21 - 24, 2005 in Indianapolis, are scheduled to go on sale at approximately 12 noon PDT at starwarscelebration.com. Reservations for hotels in Indianapolis for Celebration III also will be available starting September 27, exclusively for those who purchase tickets for the event.
    Scheduled just four weeks before the worldwide premiere of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, Celebration III has been eagerly anticipated by fans since Celebration II entertained more than 26,000 in May, 2002. Celebration III promises to be even more exciting, with more guests, more activities, and more events spread over the entire Indiana Convention Center -- over half a million square feet of Star Wars!

FREE Exclusive Vader for Advance Sale 4-Day Badge Holders!
    Fans who purchase a 4-day admission badge for Celebration III from the official site, and choose to have the badge shipped in advance, can receive the show's first exclusive collectible -- a Darth Vader "3-in-1 topper." The topper, featuring Darth Vader's signature mask and helmet, is for car antennas, pencils, and key chains, and is free for 4-day badge holders for only $2.95 shipping and handling. Vader toppers will be shipped with admission badges in 2005, close to the start of the show.

Once at Celebration, collectors can pick up a set of three other exclusive Star Wars toppers, complete with a display case. The display case will be designed to hold four toppers, but the only way to get the fourth -- Darth Vader -- is with a 4-day advance sale Celebration III badge. The Darth Vader toppers are limited to one per 4-day badge purchased in advance, adult or child.

Join the Official Star Wars Fan Club For CIII Benefits!
    Members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club will enjoy special benefits at Celebration III, such as early admission to the Convention Center for specific exhibits and shopping, and exclusive access to the Fan Club Lounge. We've improved benefits since Celebration II, and intend to make Club membership more worthwhile than ever. Join the Fan Club, then purchase your ticket as a member when registration starts. Members will receive a special Star Wars Fan Club lanyard with their badge purchase, and that will be their passport to benefits at Celebration III. Members of official international Star Wars Fan Clubs (France, Germany, Mexico, Spain, and the United Kingdom) also qualify for Fan Club benefits at Celebration III. Please check with your official club for more information coming soon.

"Friends & Family Passes" for Fan Club Members Ordering Online!
    In addition to the lanyard, Fan Club members who purchase a 4-day admission badge from starwarscelebration.com, and have it shipped to them in advance, will receive four passes that will allow them to bring non-members to events and exhibits during exclusive Fan Club hours. Each pass will be good for one early admission to the convention center during "Fan Club Only" hours, or for one admission to the Fan Club Lounge. Passes will be collected at the doors. Look for more details on this and other Fan Club benefits this fall on starwars.com and starwarscelebration.com.

Indianapolis Hotels
    Many who are eager to travel to Celebration III have been curious about hotel room availability. There are a number of rooms held specifically for Celebration III attendees. A hotel code will be emailed to purchasers after they order their Celebration III admission badges. This code will allow them to reserve their room online as long as rooms are available. More information about hotel locations in downtown Indianapolis can be found at the Indiana Convention Center website.

Star Wars Celebration III will be the center of the Star Wars universe April 21 - 24, 2005. Don't miss the fun! Register starting September 27, 2004 at starwarscelebration.com.

Admission Prices for St

6. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Told ya so! [face_laugh]

7. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
  8. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    I read the update, and it answered my previous questions...passes go on sale tommorow- I hope I can work with someone to get mine!
    Audiogirl21, thanks for the pm...look for one back at you!

9. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
  10. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I'm guessing it might be worth it to wait a few days. I've spent 35+ minutes just trying to get registered with the blasted site on a network connection. Evertime you have to refresh you have to retype your info. They should have let us register with the site earlier on. :(

11. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    No kidding. I've tried my entire lunch hour & finally when I thought I would get through, I got some kind of software error message. This is really STUPID to try to funnel everyone through the website instead of having phone ordering too like last time.

12. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Let's boycott C3 [face_laugh] Just kidding.

13. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I havnt been getting through either. But, come on guys, EVERYONE is trying to get through right now. If they were taking phone orders I bet you would be getting busy signals.
    I am going to wait until later to try again. Well, I mean I HAVE to wait til later. I am off to work now.

14. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Well, if they would let you make reservations separately instead of waiting for the freakin code confirmation to book your accomodations, then everybody wouldn't be trying to get through right now. DUH!!!

15. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    whew!! finally got mine. it'd better be worth it...i haven't seen any fan club perks yet... that was rediculous. :mad: 8-}

16. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I just got mine & Dylan's too. That was absolutely absurd!!! 3 freakin hours!!! The Westin, where I preferred to stay was long gone. We will now be staying at the Courtyard by Marriott which is caddy-corner to the RCA dome. I believe that it still has the Skywalk(er) across. The only way that skywalk does any good is if you are leaving the convention or you need to go back to your room during the day. You can't use them in the morning. EVERYONE has to enter through the main doors down at the street in the morning before they will open the skywalks.

Yeah Beth, I was wondering where the perks were too. It just asked you if you were a fanclub member (yes/no). It gave no difference in prices. All that they said previously is that if you are a fanclub member that you'll get your special lanyard in the mail. I'm going to have to go back in another month and change my registration info anyway because I'm moving. I have a headache now! [face_beatup] 8-}

17. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    yep we're at Courtyard too. it doesn't have a skywalk, but it does havE A CROSSwalk...not the same, i know. ;) it is or was more convenient to the line tho.....

18. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    looks like it's imperitive to organize roommates and book rooms - fast.

19. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    OOPS. No skywalk to that hotel. Oh well. I think I used the skywalk from the Westin only once a day (returning to the hotel). I just hope we don't have cold rainy weather (which can be typical for that time of year). We'll have to remember to pack the rain ponchos & umbrellas.

It would appear so this time Shannon. It wasn't that way for C2. I didn't book reservations for almost a month after they were available & got to stay at the Westin. It almost seems like Lucasfilm thinks the internet is the solution for everything. When people complained that Episode II tickets went on sale on the same that C2 started we were told by Rick McCullum that "We could get our Episode 2 movie tickets online". Well, that would have been all nice & dandy if we had an R2 unit with internet hook-up wherever we went (although some had internet access in their hotel rooms). But, we found out through people, not machines, that they were going to be on sale that day so we were able to get ours early.

Now for C3 we have to go through the internet to not only get our tickets for the convention, but to get a code in order to find a place to stay while we are there. I have half a notion to post & share the darn thing for everyone to see so they don't have to go through what the rest of us did today (but I won't). Meanwhile, by funnelling everybody through ONE website, its caused major bandwidth problems, software problems, & a large amount of frustration by those wanting to just make hotel reservations. I have a cable connection at home & a T1 connection at work & it still took forever. I feel sorry for people with dial-up.

Come to think of it, isn't that one of the lessons we learned from Star wars, that "Technology isn't always the absolute solution"? I think 'ol Lucasfilm should be practicing what they preach and have Gencon hire a call service to man some phones for those unfortunate souls who don't have interenet access, but still love Star Wars. I would prefer talking with a REAL person (who speaks fluent english) than a machine any day. Then, if one system is busy, maybe the other can pick up the slack. I love Star wars, but MAN! they sure make us jump through some hoops to excercise our fandom. UNBELIEVABLE! [face_not_talking]

20. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    Well, it is now 4am and I finally have my badges and reservations. It is unbeleivable that they are almost sold out of rooms... well, I guess not that unbeleivable.
    Yeah Scott, last time I waited till way after registration began to book and there were plenty of rooms still avalible. I booked 20 miles away to save $$$. This time I am in the Hilton. Not the Hyatt like I wanted but still nice and close.

I could still use some roommates. Anyone still need a room?

21. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    I'm glad I booked a room at the Embassy in April (one year out) I just called to double check that its still good..and it is. They said that they were sold out months ago for the Celebration weekend.

22. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I was able to sail through registration at 8:30 this morning. Unsure about hotels, but that should be clearing up very soon.

23. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    Smooth move Tambo! I thought about it I just didnt think it would be nessesary. Plus I dont think I would liked paying the extra cash. This is a big move for me to stay across the street rather than 20 mi away for a third of the price. I booked at $150/night. From what I can tell a 'normal' room would be around $20per. What are you paying? (if you dont mind me asking)

24. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    $180.00 per night for a two room suite with a pull out bed in the livingroom. Split with 2-3 or 4 people makes it better.

25. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Got my pass ordered (along with the Vader topper). A big thanks to Scott for his perseverance in getting our hotel reservations. I'd been getting "Page Not Found" errors all afternoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.