main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN RE: CELEBRATION III DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    No problemo. I went and got right on this morning & added my Vader topper to my order. That way I can have it on my car Antenna on our way to Indy! :D

2. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Whew...just ordered my badge and car topper, then wound up making reservations through priceline.com. Got a room at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown (2 blocks from the convention center) for $75 a night. Now all I need is to get my vacation approved for that week. If that doesn't happen, well, time for a career change...

3. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    wow, I really need to get on with my plans...good job on the priceline thing. This is more stress added to my mortgage drama!

4. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    anyone know if we're supposed to get a conf. e-mail about our hotel booking? i can't even get it to show my res. with my acknowledgement code....hhmmm..
    :confused:

5. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    You should have gotten a confirmation e-mail from the STAR WARS housing bureau. You may want to call 317-684-2573 to verify your reservation.

The only problem with priceline is:

All rooms will accommodate up to 2 adults. Requests for bed types (King, Queen, 2 Doubles, etc.) or other special needs (including preferences for smoking or non-smoking rooms) should be requested through your confirmed hotel and cannot be guaranteed.

6. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    really?...i have a bad feeling about this.....

where'll that # lead me? I don't recall seeing it....

nothings gone on my credit card either....blast...<rolls eyes..>

7. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    That number is for the SW housing bureau. In the e-mail I got, it says to use this number to make all changes, new reservations and cancellations. When you made your reservations did you get an Acknowledgment Number on your screen & print it out? If so, use that number when you call the SW housing bureau. You won't get charged ANYTHING for the reservation right now anyway, only for the badges.

I checked the website again this morning & evidently the Courtyard by Marriot is booked up. Whats left is:

Comfort Inn West $99/ night
    Hampton Inn downtown $145/ night *BOOKING CLOSED* 9-29-04
    HIlton Garden Inn Indianapolis $140/ night
    Hilton Indy $152. night *BOOKING CLOSED* 9-29-04
    Holiday Inn Select (airport)$109/ night
    Radisson Hotel (city center)$140/ night
    Sleep Inn West $85/ night
    Winngate Inn Indianapolis $119/ night

"Discount hotel rooms will go on sale around the same time as we do online ticketing in late summer. We have many hotel rooms blocked and I would strongly suggest waiting until the discounted rooms are posted to make your reservation. Indianapolis is a convention city, and there will be more than enough hotel rooms for everyone who wants one." ~Steve Sansweet (January 28, 04)

OH REALLY! Just not necessarily through the Star wars housing bureau I gather. Well, its only been 3 days and right now from where I'm standing it doesn't appear that they will have enough rooms.

8. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    "THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF ROOMS FOR WHOMEVER WANTS ONE?" :confused:

Is that a quote from the C3 site? [face_laugh]

Well... it doesnt say "there will be plenty of GOOD rooms" now does it

9. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    It sounds like a lot of people will be staying in KY at this rate. [face_devil]

10. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Sounds like I better be gettign a room.

11. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Here is a map of the area & the hotel locations:

[image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Sebulba/IK_indymap.jpg]

12. LightofEarendir

LightofEarendir Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2004
    Hey all! My name is Laura, and I'm new here. I am so pumped about CIII!!!! :D I have a question, though, is there anyone interested in sharing a hotel room? I don't have a place to stay yet, and I was wanting to share a room with some people, in the interests of saving some money ;) Anyway, my email is realshortcake04@yahoo.com, I'd love to chat with some of y'all soon! May the Force be with you!

13. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    hey!

glad you found your way over! welcome.

14. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I know that map very well after 2 other conventions there.

Hey Scruff, ya got a PM.

15. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    there will be a few people looking for roommates. Laura- glad you're here! I know you will find someone to share with!

16. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    did anyone see Days Inn Downtown on the hotel list?

I (*should've*) just booked a room for $63 for the night previous to the convention....

just curious...

17. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Welcome Laura to our side of the fence. I sent you an email with some extra info about NAD. Hope we meet you at Horrorfest this weekend. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...in our last chapter, NAD members continued to search for rooms in the elusive capital of Indiana...

18. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    From what I hear, its the hotels conveniently close to the convention that are "elusive" at this point. The ones on the outskirts within 5-10 miles are pretty easy to come by.

BTW, has ANYONE heard if people got reservations through the fanclub for the Westin? I haven't heard of anybody so far. I'm wondering if they even had a block of rooms reserved through the fan club. Just curious.

19. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Last I heard the Fan Club did NOT have a block reservation, but that isn't confirmed. I think their "reservation" is handled through the CIII site, but don't take that as Gospel.

20. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    i didn't see any there.....i didn't think the fanclub got any perks for hotels.... :-|

21. chewyman

chewyman Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2004
    Just wanted to let everyone know that Red Roof Inn South is 6 miles from the Conv. Center but is only $48.99 / night! That's where I'll be! I hope to see you all at CIII!!!

-Troy

22. chewyman

chewyman Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2004
    I have a question. I've never been to Celebration before and I want to know how much spending money to bring. Here is the sit..

-Wife won't let me decorate so I won't be buying decorations unless it is something small enough to fit in my cube at work.
    -Might buy a couple of T-Shirt type items.
    -Maybe some action figures
    -What I really want is Signatures! Headshots with signatures, but I don't have any pictures to sign so I will have to buy them there.
    -Other odds and ends.

Can anyone who has gone before kind of give me and idea of what I should bring as far as cash?? I was thinking 200-300 dollars. Any help would be ... helpful.

Thanks,
    Troy

23. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    First up, you'll want to bring no less than $6,000 or you might as well not go at all...

Just kidding!!! :D

You could certainly come back with a lot of cool stuff if you take $200-300. At CII, the exclusive figures were $10 each (my advice--buy this first because they will sell out) and shirts were about $20 if I remember correctly (I had to buy mine and then have it shipped to me 6 weeks later).

As for autographs, they had a flat fee of $15, then you could have it authenticated for another $3, which basically meant they stuck a number to it, gave you a corresponding note card, and wrote your name in a book or something. Anyway, you bought a $15 ticket for any autograph you wanted, then you could get whatever signed that you wanted to, or get an 8 X 10 signed, which was free if you wanted it, and they were stamped with the CII logo.

Keep in mind that you will find lots of cool stuff at CIII that you just don't see a lot of other places these days. I saw more carded vintage figures there than I had seen in years.

The best part of it all is there is free stuff all over the place. I got out of there with 3 or 4 goody bags filled with all kinds of stuff (including those cool Ep. 2 puzzle piece things from the potato chip bags), a couple of different posters (one from Hasbro, one from Topps), some kinda gaming dice seated in a cardboard Jedi Starfighter, and some kinda pop-up Jedi cube thingy. And that's just the stuff I can remember off the top of my head.

The best place to eat is the food court in the adjacent shopping mall. You don't want to eat at the commissary in the convention center--it is waaay overpriced for what you get.

Anyhoo, that's my 2 cents. Hope you find it helpful!

24. chewyman

chewyman Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2004
    $6,000!!! Hahaha!

Yes, your information helps a lot! Any other stories or advice? Anyone?

Thanks,
    Troy

25. chewyman

chewyman Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2004
    Ok. So I know that they are going to open the doors one hour early for all Fanclub members so does that mean that there will be two lines to get in?? Have they done anything like that in the past? I know that I don't want to be stuck 3 blocks from the door in the wrong line!!!

-Chewy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.