main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN RE: CELEBRATION III DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    lol seems like i recal carrie signing some ones body part.....

so the autograph tix will be less than last time...hhmmmm.... depending of course....

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Well, the autographs aren't necessarily cheaper... if one of the celebrities charges two or three coupons, it still can get expensive.

3. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    rats. had a senior moment. [face_mischief]

that's a good point.

4. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I think the coupons are a great idea. It seemed totally wrong that Billy Dee Williams' autograph cost the same as William Hootkins (Porkins). I think this plan will be most beneficial to the actors who portrayed smaller characters. I know there were plenty of rebel pilots and the like that weren't worth $20 each to me and I think I got over 20 different autographs. I think they will be signing a lot more.

Also, it should help them get more actors to participate. It's one thing a at small con with 10 actors to have a couple with different prices, but when you have 50 people and 10 with different prices, it gets difficult to handle. This way, if someone wants to really limit demand, he or she can do so by charging a lot. I expect Mark Hamill might sign, but charge at least 7 coupons. Christopher Lee might charge more because he might not be able to handle doing so many.

5. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I agree Glenn. No offense to Porkins but at $20, he didnt make the cut.
    Hamil probably would want 7 or 8 tix. At SD ComicCon he charged $85.
    Of course that is if he goes.

Here's to hopin' he and Lee go. [-o|

6. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    yay! Nick gillard will be there! he was a highlight for me last year....uh, er...last TIME.....

7. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    The news is comin' fast and furious now. MAN! I am gettin' excited [face_dancing]

BADGES

8. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Ok, haven't checked this thread in awhile. I have a question though. For someone who doesn't collect autographs, toys or collectables, what would CIII offer me in the way of entertainment? Would it be worth my time to go?

9. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2005/01/img/20050128_4day.jpg]

There are lots of forums where the actors & people who worked on the films talk about their experiences & take questions from the audience.

The opportunity to meet actors & people who worked on the films.

There is also the Rick McCullum Spectacular, which last time showed us a sneak peak at the lightsaber duel between Yoda & Count Dooku in DIGITAL PICTURE & SOUND.

There is also the STAR WARS concert by the Indianapolis orchestra.

The best thing of course is the camaraderie between fellow STAR WARS fans & just having fun! It was the best atmosphere I could have hoped for. Even though it seemed like we waited in line most of the time, Everyone was unbelievably nice & patient. The Fan Force party was fun too.

I had a great time for C2 & am very much looking forward to C3!

10. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I finally managed to make a hotel reservation at the Embassy Suites last night. This hotel has a skywalk connection to the convention center. While I still would be interested in rooming with someone else, if I keep this room, I will need some roommates.

11. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    If you can't find any roommates here, you can always try the roommate thread in the C3 forum.

12. autographjeff

autographjeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Hey all... Its been awhile since I been here... My wife just had a kidney transplant and my plans to go to Celebration 3 have officially been scraped... Is there anyone here that would get me the action figure from Celebration 3... Of course I would pay for it.... Would appreciate if anyone could... to get back to me... I did see a few of you at Celebration 2... was a good time... and sure to be a good one this year as well...

thanks

Jeff
    ukjeff19@yahoo.com

13. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Consider it done..I'm sorry to hear about your wife, I hope for a speedy recovery for her- and we'll be sure to take lots of pics for you at CIII!
    PM me closer to time and I'll get your contact info so I can get the figure to you when I get back!

14. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    hey, jeff,

so sorry to hear about your wife. Will be praying for a good recovery.

and will DEFINITELY take tons of pics and stuff for you!

15. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    AutographJeff, did you register yet (and therefore have a badge coming)?

Hope your wife has a speedy recovery.

16. autographjeff

autographjeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    No I hadnt registered... The wife had been sick... so i procrastinated registering..> I went with her last time.. and wanted to make sure she got better before me went...I hooked up with Kir Kanos and jeditoren last time. I still cant believe the lines just to get in to some of the talks the actors had. Was like waiting for a flu shot or something. I wish I could go and see how much they learned from last time. Cause they had alot to improve upon for sure. I hope its a blast...

Jeff

17. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    anyone heard if the guy that does the Clone wars series will be there? his name escapes me.....

18. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    Genndy Tartakovsky
    No word yet that I have heard of, but there is still lots TBA.

19. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    yeah! thanks. that's him.
    he does dexters lab too. :D :-B that'd be cool if he was there.....

20. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    oh, and , are there any avitar icons for C3 yet on here? like the day passes?

21. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Anybody else got any information about volunteering for CIII? I signed up to *potentially* help out with the autograph area, but now I can't decide if it's worth it or not. Basically the deal is you have to sign up for two 4 hour shifts, and you get paid one random autographed photo for each hour you work (I'll do the math for you...that's 8 pictures). I'm just not sure I want to give up 8 hours to do this.

Thoughts? Opinions?

22. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I thought you also got a cool staff shirt and a way early crack at some of the events, like toy sales and autograph lines...I'd look into it if I were you- but does not sound like a bad deal to me!

23. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    By the way, if anybody else is interested in volunteering, here is the link.

24. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    More info and some sugestions from starwars.com

C3 info

25. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Sorry to hear about your wife there Jeff. I hope she has no complications & a speedy recovery. I'll keep y'all in my prayers.

Here is a map to the entrance for CIII

[image=http://starwars.com/community/news/2005/02/img/20050211_map.jpg]
    The Fan Club entrance is right under the skywalk to the Marriott, and will run to the west towards the West Street Plaza.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.