main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN RE: CELEBRATION III DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Scott, if I'm correct, that's the entrance right next to where we had our picture made with Steven Sansweet!

2. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    isn't that where the entrance was last time?? at least that was where i was "TOLD" the member line was....

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    hey nashville!
    greetings from colorado!

i was just surfing the boards...i used to live out your way for about 6 years and just saw your C3 thread.

never got a chance to make to a meeting there...but just thought i would drop y'all a line!

and GO TITANS. (i know football season is over, but i am a diehard) :)

4. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    hi there!

nice to see ya back on here again. hope things are good for you in CO! :)

5. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Star Wars Saga Films at CIII

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2005/02/img/20050222_bg.jpg]

500 Ballroom
    Indiana Convention Center
    Thursday, April 21
    Star Wars: A New Hope
    9:30 PM (right after Opening Ceremonies)

Friday, April 22
    The Empire Strikes Back
    6:30 PM
    Return of the Jedi
    9:00 PM

Saturday, April 23
    The Phantom Menace
    6:30 PM
    Attack of the Clones
    9:00 PM

Times may change. Please check starwars.com/c3 and starwarscelebration.com for updates closer to the show.

"Big Screen, Great Sound, and . . . Free Popcorn!
    Star Wars fans mark time in their lives with events they share with the rest of the fan community. Celebrations wet or dry, standing in line for the new movies, hitting Midnight Madness toy store openings -- events like these foster lasting memories.

The common memory that all Star Wars fans share, that is central to almost everyone's fan experience, is watching the films of the saga on the big screen.

Think back to the last time you watched one of the Star Wars films in a theater. Feel the hush in the room when the words "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." fade onto the screen.

Hear the cheers when the first strains of the Star Wars theme explode through the sound system.

You can almost taste the hot, fresh popcorn....

Wait . . . you can taste the popcorn! At Celebration III Gen Con LLC, Lucasfilm's partners in producing the event, are providing free popcorn for those attending the nighttime screenings of the films of the saga. Gather with your friends, bring your lightsabers, and share the joy of watching your favorite movies with a theater full of fans who love them almost as much as you do.

What better way to get primed for the big screen experience we're all waiting for? The opening of Revenge of the Sith on May 19th.
    "

6. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Just to let y'all know,...there is a very good chance I won't be going to CIII.

7. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    ok, I know a few of you want to buy extra badges just for the figures....would anyone be willing to let someone that may not be able to go have that in exchange for the figures? I know a couple people in that sitation.....pm me and let me know!

8. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Here are some celebs going to be there...

C3 guests

The Usual Suspects.... for the most part.

9. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    I wonder how long the line will be for the dude that played Ric Olie?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

10. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    who? lol

i'm pulling for bonnie piesse :) she was really great.

11. vaderhater86

vaderhater86 Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2004
    who is she?

12. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    exactly. hehe..

(young beru.) ;)

13. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    is anyone else shocked and somewhat disappointed about Jay Laga'aia hosting C3??

just curious....should be....interesting... ;)

14. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Who's Jay Laga'aia?

15. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    thats exactly what i said. isn't he the dude that plays Cptn. Typho or whatever?

16. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah, that's Capt. Typho. I overheard a drunken Rena Owen (Taun We) at DragonCon claiming that she was orginally cast to play Capt. Typho, ...whatever.

17. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    ****nothing to see here****

18. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Star Wars Fan Club Members -- Have Breakfast With the Hosts of Celebration III!
    March 02, 2005
    [image=http://starwars.com/community/news/2005/03/img/20050302_2_sm.jpg]
    [image=http://starwars.com/community/news/2005/02/img/20050228_2_sm.jpg]
    [image=http://starwars.com/community/news/2005/02/img/20050228_3_sm.jpg]

Members of Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club and their guests are invited to meet the celebrity hosts of Star Wars Celebration III on Friday, April 22 and Sunday, April 24 at the Fan Club Lounge in the Indiana Convention Center. Fans who register for the breakfasts will enjoy exclusive opportunities to greet the hosts and receive their autographs. As an added bonus, guests also will receive one of the Celebration III talking Darth Vader action figures.
    Friday, April 22, actor Jay Laga'aia will be the honored guest at breakfast. Laga'aia is the host of the Sagamore Ballroom stage, so this will be a rare opportunity to see Jay in a more private setting during Celebration III. The same goes for actor Warwick Davis, who will be the honored guest at the breakfast on Sunday morning, April 24. Davis will be busy hosting the Saga Stage in Hall G, plus spending time hosting in the 500 Ballroom, so fans should take this opportunity to meet him on Sunday morning.

Seating is very limited, so register now!

In addition to autographs, fans at the breakfasts will find a souvenir ticket and one of the Celebration III talking Darth Vader action figures waiting for them when they arrive. This action figure will be in addition to the per-person limit allowed for the show.

Autographs from the Celebration III celebrity hosts, action figures, souvenir tickets, breakfast with fellow Star Wars fans . . . and more. Throughout the event lucky fans will win prizes selected from the Lucasfilm Licensing Archives. Lucasfilm staff members will be there to answer questions, particularly about the Fan Club. And because it's Celebration III you never know who might show up to say hello. The breakfasts are scheduled to end just as Celebration III is opening early for Fan Club members for the day, and as every guest departs they will receive a goody bag of treasures from the Lucasfilm Licensing Archives.

The breakfasts are produced for members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club by Gen Con LLC. Admission is $49.95 per person, and includes a hot plated breakfast, an autograph from one of the celebrity Celebration III hosts, a talking Darth Vader action figure, souvenir ticket, goody bag, plus the chance to share a morning of fun with fellow Star Wars fans.

Friday, April 22, 2005 -- Breakfast with Jay Laga'aia
    Sunday, April 24, 2005 -- Breakfast with Warwick Davis
    6:30 AM -- enter the Convention Center via the Capitol Avenue entrance
    6:30 AM -- Will Call begins in front of the Fan Club Lounge
    7:00 -- 9:00 AM -- Breakfast
    9:00 AM -- Exit breakfast as Celebration III opens for the day!

Don't miss the fun. Register now!

Breakfast registration is limited to members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club, but each member may also purchase one ticket for one guest. This guest is not required to be a member, but must be accompanied by the member at the breakfast.

Guests will be required to have a valid Celebration III admission badge and will need to have an established account in Gen Con's registration system in order to purchase admission to the Fan Club breakfasts.

Orders are limited to two tickets per member, while supplies last. Orders for more than two tickets, or orders made by non-Fan Club members, will be cancelled.

This is a "Will Call" event. To be admitted to one of the Fan Club Breakfasts you must bring your confirmation email and a photo ID to the event.

You must be present at the breakfast to pick up your figure, souvenir ticket, and receive the celebrity autograph.

I just registered to have breakfast with Warwick Davis! The figures are $15, so that means the breakfast costs $35. I thought it might be a fun thing to do on the last day of Celebration & somethi

19. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    to steep for my blood. what happened to fan club "perks" ...that one breakfast is more than the whole fan club price.

oh well......

20. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    They are both already sold out. :_|

I went to one of these at GenCon. It was pretty nice. $15 for the fig plus the price of an autograph (probably $10-20) plus the price of a meal. So $50 is not a bad price.

21. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    that's true...it's just hard to justify it being on a tight buget....if it was Carrie, mark...one of the more main people, i could maybe see it....

that's crazy they're sold out! especially cuz we just got the notice. lol

22. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    When did it tell you it sold out? I just went on there and it allowed me to add the breakfast with Jay Laga'aia to my cart. I then went through the checkout process until it came to entering my credit card number. I deleted it from my cart then.

If it didn't tell you "SOLD OUT" You may want to try again Michael. It may have just been a computer glitch on their end.

23. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Yup..I went to sign up this morning and both breakfast shows are full...dammmmmm!!!!!!!

24. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Now we can only dream about chompin' eggs with Captain Typho...

25. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Welp, since I missed out on CII as I was workin' on the stuff Scott and NAD did for the Line Party, I have a question for you folks that DID go to CII;

I remember Scott talking about the long lines to get in last time, and I'm curious if some are planning to camp out in line overnight - or if getting in line in the morning is advisible.

I managed to book a good rate at a Ramada around 8 miles from the Convention Wed. night and Thurs. - but I have no clue whether or not I should prepare to brave the elements for a cement pillow overnight or if wimping out for a comfy room with an early wake-up call for the trek to the Celebration is a good idea.

Any suggestions from you vets is appreciated - and I'd love to hook up with y'all at some point Thursday or Friday. Regrettably I cannot make the entire celebration due to other commitments over the weekend - but two days living it up with fellow fans is better than none.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.