main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Chancellor Valorum

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Matt-trooper, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    I don't think he was bad,he was just complacent and didn't really do anything about corruption.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    He wasnt too bad. Well not Palpatine bad anyway. He just did what others told him to do.

3. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    He did flip off a box of kittens once...

4. ZSong

ZSong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Don't forget about that scandal a few years earlier involving a stained dress with him and his young intern at the time, Padme.....

5. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    He wasn't that bad, but somebody had to go. Anyways, he didn't honor the mob that much, unlike his successor.

6. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    well secretly he wanted to declare himself emporer. he dreamed of a day when all would kneel before him.

especialy those of planet houston

just imagine it

"kneel before zod.. er I mean valorum!!"

7. LordBlack

LordBlack Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    In the E.U it explains that Palps set up Valorum over the coming years to his power to ensure that when the time was right i.e a blockade of Plaps planet, this would strengthen him in the eyes of the sentate to be elected as the new Chancellor. Dont you just love politics?

8. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Chancellor Valorum put himself in that position by not acting. And Palpatine took advantage of the whole situation. Valorum wasn't strong. He had the entire Trade Federation invading Naboo, and he's Chancellor of the Republic and he's not doing anything about it, especially when Naboo is in the Republic. I don't think he cared much. And since Palpatine is from Naboo, he got compassion from the Senate and Valorum was voted out.

9. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Valorum was a "lame duck" Chancellor, partly through external manipulation no doubt orchestrated by Palpatine ("The Chancellor is mired in baseless accusations...") but partly because he sought to maintain his position by appeasing the status quo. In politics, the accusation is often considered worse than the crime--being accused of wrongdoing is usually enough to impugn one's reputation regardless of one's actual guilt or innocence--and apparently Valorum sought to mitigate the damage by refusing to make waves. This led to him reliquinshing any power or influence he might have had, and Palpatine struck when Valorum was at his weakest.

10. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    "kneel before zod.. er I mean valorum!!"

[face_laugh]

Valorum had an enemy named Senator Jor-El, eh?

:p

11. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    He was a good guy, he just wasn't a very strong politician and Palpatine took total advantage of that 'cause that's the kind of dastardly fellow he is.

Also nice to see that quote is still there obiwansbeard. :)

12. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    It would be nice if Valorum showed up in episode 3 and try to warn the jedi that Plapatine is a traitor and he was the one that was in lead with Viceroy and he gets murdered by the Plapatine and it would show that he could of saved the Jedi from Extrmination.

13. plddc1

plddc1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    No can do, black_saber. Valorum was killed when his shuttle was blown up by a "terrorist" bomb in the Republic #61 comic, after warning Bail Organa that Palpatine was dangerous. The comics and other Clone Wars EU stuff are definitely part of continuity this time around, so no more Valorum.

14. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    I wonder what happened to him after he was voted out.

15. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I think he orders a clone army or something.

16. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Whoa that says something and I guss they already had my idea.

17. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    he did not order the clones

where did that come from?

he did travel to the distant world of houston.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.