main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx RE: Comic Con 2002: Final Plans and discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    Good luck with your printing. Hope you didn't have any screen colors mixed in your swatch.

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Gawd, what a mess. I gave it to a different printer today at lunch. Hopefully she can work w/what we've given her. Hopefully. [face_plain]

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Obey Wann,

I know what a headache it was to get our banner done. Four days in a row I spent at the print shop, each day expecting it to be done. It cost $182 but at least I have it!

4. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    $125 vinyl, and it'll be done on Thurs night. [face_plain]

5. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Sorry for not posting recently, folks. I've had my hands full with Hexacon. I seem to remember people needing fliers printed before SDCC. I have nine reams of paper, and have in the past printed fliers for other groups. If you need me to print up fliers, I'd be willing to donate the paper, ink, and time needed to print them. I don't have the time currently to create the flier(s), but if you send it to me, I can send them with you to SD.

Reguardless, have fun. Remember, you deserve it!

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Liquido: You rock!!! I've got a 4 in 1 flyer design that I'll send to you. I will get you a full sized design that I'll send to you as well.

If you are willing to do 9 reams, could you do 3 reams with the 4 in 1 (you get 4 flyers per 1 sheet of paper), and then 6 reams of the full sized one?

Void's rommie is also doing some printing for us, so we will be fully stocked up. :D Woohoo!!!

I knew this would be a better day!!!

7. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    working on acquiring mannequins. :)

8. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Also, I will be bringing 2 extra FRS radios. If you want to use one, please bring some AAA batteries.

Just to doublecheck: Void and Lordparsec are donating SW bed sheets for the display, correct? LP, do we have your sheets?

Additional plugs:

-Do we have any kind of cover for the table?

-Still looking for pictures of PFF events (especially the lineup) and other stuff for the scrap book.

-Does anyone have any good glue and white latex caulking they could bring to Void's tomorrow night? I need to attach the comm box to my helmet, and want to glue and seal it in good.

-Does anyone have a short, floppy antenna from an old cel phone (like an old Nokia)?
    I'm thinking about adding an antenna to the comm box before I glue it, and I was thinking a 4-6" antenna, like on the older Nokias or other phones, would make a great antenna. Moe had the idea of a wire coat hanger, but I would prefer something more flexible.

9. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I thought you had 3 radios ? If it's jsut two, then we may need to borrow some from Mobius.

LordParsec is coming to the planning meeting on thursday and will drop off the sheets then, I still need to get mine washed up :)

10. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I have 3 total. One for me and 2 others (extra). I can check to see if more are available, if needed.

We're going to have to figure out a code to use. Well several, probably, in case the one we choose is being used by others.

11. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Cool. Maybe somebody with a costco card can scoot and get a supply of AAA's ?

12. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    And maybe a pallet of Mountain Dew and Code Red? ?[face_plain] :D hehehe --geek fuel!!!

13. Master_Skip_Duron

Master_Skip_Duron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    OB1 - Do you want the com box to be permanently attached? I have some liquid nail adhesive that would work.

The radios you are talking about, are those the small hand held like walki-talki's?

If they are I will go and pick up a pair at CostCo.

If there is a Costco buy Void's I will take everybody over there to get what they need.

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Yes, I want to permanently attach it. But it's a glossy white, so I need either a clear glue, or I was going to go over it with white latex caulking or something to cover and fully seal it. It's not a 100% match along the curve of the helmet.

And the radios are the 14 channel walkie talkies with 38 sub codes. They're very useful. :D We might have enough that you won't have to buy one, unless you want to. I got mine at Wal Mart for $20 or something like that. :)

15. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    I also have some white latex caulk. It comes in a small squeezable tube. I can bring it if you want.

As far as radios, I wanted to buy a pair anyway. How does your Walmart radio work?

16. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I used them on the road trip from Denver to PHX, and they worked fine. I have not had any problems, unless we were separated by a couple of miles.

They should work fine in the SDCC area.

ED: bad typing. lazy fingers. ;)

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Heads up people! Our table at the comic con was SWAMPED tonight! Tonight was preview night and the con was only open 3 ours, yet we signed up 250 new members! Be prepared for having a lot of people come by our tables on Saturday and Sunday. I will know for sure the actors and the times they will be signing at our tables by tomorrow. You guys are in for a treat, the convention is amazing, lots to do and see, and we have a really good location too! Parking at the convention center is expensive though, $8 per day/per car, and if you want to come and go it is $12 for an in and out pass.

18. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Thanks for the alert MJF, This is my 3rd Comic Con so I know what's coming. It'll be a blast.

19. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    You want all nine reems? OK, the paper is not a problem. The time is. I can have the fliers printing whenever I'm here at home, but I have a job as well during the day. Who's picking up the fliers and when? The more time I have, the more likely I can finish the job.

OB-1, I've E-mailed you my phone number so that flier drop off can be arranged. I commute around town by bicycle and cannot deliver 9 reems by bike. *If* I can print them up in time.

20. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    liquido --I replied to your message, we'll get someone to pick them up. Somehow. :)

We may need to send someone there Friday, just so that we can get as many flyers as we can get. I might be able to send the wife to get them, unless someone else lives closer to you and can pick them up. You said you live in North PHX --what are your major cross streets? --It'll help us figure out who is closer.

21. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    Flier pick up - I live at 36th st. & Greenway. I can pick them up if needed, either tonight or Friday morning before work, if thats okay.

22. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    The wife just let me know that the banner was complete, and she is picking it up now. :D

Another item checked off the list. :D
    (I asked her to call me when she sees it to let me know if it has grommets and also just to let me know if it looks good. :D )

Yes! We're getting everything together!!! It may be last minute, but it'll be done!!! Woohoo!!!

(now we just need to get a web site up, and get our own banner made up for the PFF ;) )

23. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    [zen] If it wasn't for the last minute nothing would ever get done [/zen]

24. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    **borrows that zen from Void in hopes that her costumes are finished and look decent for con**

:D

I'm so excited!! This is gonna be such a blast!!

25. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    You can have my zen, I just want my inseam back :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.