main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Forest of the Sith: Social Thread v3.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ChrisHanel, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Re: Terragen, they used Terragen for much of the time travelling sequence in The Time Machine, as well.

First page!

EDIT: This thread is NOT for:

-Needlessly raising your post count
    -Requesting warez
    -film bashing

You mean films made by people here, right? I'm still okay to hate the Matrix sequels?

M. Scott

2. Jamball

Jamball Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Was Spidey 2 filmed in HD?

I heard that it was. Saw an awesome preview for it while watching Hell Boy.

Hell Boy wasn't all that bad. I was entertained for the most part.

--Jamball

3. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    I just had a gander at that Tron costume. I can't imagine being comfortable enough to post pictures of me in a white bodystocking on the internet.

-Spiff

4. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Any Red Dwarf fans here? If you are and you want something Dwarf-related of your own work on a Red Dwarf site, then just send whatever it is to me and I will upload it to my site Better than Life. I will still be adding content and the site is also going through some design changes. If whatever you do doesn't fit in any of the catagories it doesn't matter, I will create a catagory for it :). While i'm rambling on let me just say, join the forums and you will get a free rag on a stick!

Owen ;)

5. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    As much as I'm always disturbed by fat guys in spandex (which might as well be the subtitle or even title for the vast majority of the conventions out there, hence my general lack of attendence), you gotta give that guy props for having the guts ( [face_laugh] two in one!) to post pictures of himself. Clearly, a man with no teh shame.

Gotta respect self-confidence.

I think this guy pulls it off a little better. This makes me want to see a Halo movie.

...or make one. :D

M. Scott

6. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    Hey I'm a little on the heavy side. Doesn't make me a bad person, or any less of a human being....sorry but this is a sensitive subject for me.

In a city that concentrates mostly on image (well here and L.A.), I have been ridiculed, and laugh at by very very shallow people....mostly girls.

My sister's friends don't even want to be in the same room with me all because I'm a big person (now that's shallow). Note that I have done nothing to them, or said anything (my friends can vouch for this).
    It's just not right. Automatically I make a bad boyfriend or a horrible human being because I'm packing a few extra pounds? BS!

I'm comfortable with who I am, and I have confidence, but when you face s@#$ like this almost everyday, that tends to go away.

7. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    hahaha! just saw the Tron picture, thats great!

has anyone here ever considered doing a Tron fanfilm, not the video game remake, but based on the original film. id definitely love to see one of those...

on a side note, Tron was what the Matrix wasnt...take that however you want to

:D

EDIT: as for the midichlorians, i always thought that was the worst way to explain The Force. they needed to keep a certain level of mysteriousness about it. i agree with what someone said earlier about it too closely mirroring Christianity...

8. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    ObiJuan . . . I have a question for you . .

Are you large because you CHOOSE to be, or because you have some kind of congenital
    glandular disorder that doesn't allow you to lose weight?

9. ObiJuan2080

Jan 31, 2004
    That's not a fair question JediTAC, no one chooses to be fat. It just happens and it can go unnoticed until you're told by someone else (at least in my case). Also not everyone can go on a diet and succeed. In my case I've tried almost everything and I've gotten little or no results. Now I'm trying the Ackins (spelling?) diet.

Also take into account that I have gone through a 4 month depression back in '98.

EDIT: Why is that Funk-E? Why is it that I don't deserve happiness?

10. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    I'm firmly of the belief that fat people don't deserve happiness.

EDIT: Yeesh. Okay. It's come to my attention that this deserves those handy new 'Sarcasm Marks'.

I don't believe that there's a single person on Earth that could believe what I just typed, and I thought that it was moronic and over-the-top enough to be construed as sarcasm. Apparently my sarcasm detector's off.

11. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    I'm firmly of the belief that fat people don't deserve happiness.

THAT was uncalled for.

Some people cannot help but be larger than others, it's genetic more than anything. It's actually not as common as you think that a person eats so much that they are overweight. Many people only further complicate and already present problem.

Just be happy with who you are and be happy for who other people are, who gives a crap about appearance anyway.

Now lay off.

12. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, Funk-E, that was pretty heartless and moronic of you to say.
    That would be like me saying that all people from Azerbaijan are terrorists and do not deserve to be living.

ObiJuan:
    Unfortunately, it's a very fair question. I know it difficult to accept and understand, but here's the thing . . . becoming "overweight" does not happen overnight. Absent a glandular condition or the like, I am a firm believer that people who allow themselves to become overweight do, in fact, choose to become so. It's not like one cannot see it happening.

I understand that you went through a tough time several years back. However, and I know you aren't goign to like reading this, that is an excuse, not a reason. You say you "went" through a depression ... are you still there? You say you have tried every diet out there ... do you also exercise regularly?; drink 8 glasses of water a day?; eat sensibly 5-6 days out of the week? (I don't know, that's why I'm asking).

The reality is, as you pointed out, that we live in a society where a great deal of emphasis are placed on physical apeparance. In many cases (with the exception of those who cheated via plastic surgery), a person's physical appearance says a lot about that person - both inside and out.

It's unfortunate, but that's reality.

13. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Now I'm trying the Ackins (spelling?) diet.
    I am firmly of the opinion that the Atkins diet is going to kill a lot of people. (No, that's not intended as humor or irony, I'm being perfectly serious.) Oh, sure, that diet is going to help you lose weight, but that's not going to matter so much when you're blood pressure's at insane levels and your heart fails.

-Paul

14. Various

Various Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    Fat, skinny, whethere it be by society or self-induced, let's just all agree not to wear unitards if it can be helped.

15. ObiJuan2080

Jan 31, 2004
  16. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    What these people are failing to realize (or ignoring all together) is that simply cutting down carbohydrates IS NOT the solution tog ood health and losing weight.

What IS the solution is a combination of eating sensibly, exercising regularly and getting adequate rest.

These Atkins marketers are having a field day, and the fast-food chains are riding their financial coattails and laughing all the way to the bank. It's virtually the same thing as the braindead notion that "light" cigarettes are somehow "less dangerous" than regular cigarettes. Gimmie a freakin' break.

So, the idea is cuttng down on carbs, but still ingesting just as much (if not more fat and cholesterol packed foods.
    Wow, that sure seems like a healthy solution, don't it? :confused:

NEWSFLASH .... if a person is taking care of himself, eating sensibly and exercising ... CARBS ARE GOOD THINGS !!! Carbohydrates are utilized by the body for energy. It's like putting gas in your car .... sure, if you put in too much you are going to flood your engine and your car will not run properly. But if you use the gas for what it was MEANT for , then your car will run like the sleek machine it was meant to be.

JediTAC

17. Joey__P

Joey__P Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2003
    My wife is working on her disertation for Nutrition and has found that the Adkins diet is NOT good for the body. In her words... "Eat right, excersice" Back to basics I guess.

18. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Luckily my job keeps me pretty active - I'm a carryout at a grocery store - so when I noticed I was getting a little heavier than I would like to be, I simply cut out soda and stopped eating when I wasn't hungry, and BAM, 10 pounds fell off. I didn't change what I ate, just how much.

Atkins is unhealthy, simple as that. Thin does not always equal healthy.

19. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    I can't believe Dorkman just called those things (matrix sequels) Films. That is just to much respect for them...

We should call them "FX tests", cause that's all they really were...

20. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Cutting out Soda is a BIG help. Once I stopped drinking Soda, I lost a bit round the middle...

...course there wasn't much there to begin with, but soda really does make a difference, little as it was on me, it may be a big difference on somebody of more...substantial...portions...yeah...

21. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Come on lads! I don't think anyone was making the point to ridicule fat people - both of those costumes were stellar. I just happen to be of the opinion that no one should walk around in full spandex body stockings unless it's absolutely required for some athletic purpose.

-Spiff

22. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    I understand that you went through a tough time several years back. However, and I know you aren't goign to like reading this, that is an excuse, not a reason.

It's actually a reason, not an excuse. :)

Also, I'd like to say that by page 2 the first controversy has hit the social threads big time.

~Neszis~

23. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    The Matrix films were good. Every damn one of them.

Two things about Atkins: One, it does work. You can and will lose weight, but...

Two: The INSTANT you go off that diet, you'll gain it back. I've seen it happen several times now. Depriving your body of the nutrients it needs is not the way to make it better. There are two, and ONLY TWO WAYS lose weight and become fit. DIET AND EXCERCISE. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong, and needs to get in line with all the Matrix haters.

:)

SK

24. GeneralSkywalker

GeneralSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2002
    ^^ Agreed.

-GS

25. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Two: The INSTANT you go off that diet, you'll gain it back. I've seen it happen several times now. Depriving your body of the nutrients it needs is not the way to make it better. There are two, and ONLY TWO WAYS lose weight and become fit. DIET AND EXCERCISE. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong, and needs to get in line with all the Matrix haters.

First of all, You're right about atkins. It's wrong. The "Lean for Life" diet by lindora medical clinic (I sell it) is the way to go. Instead of depriving your body of food, it loads you up with protien. That's all I'm gonna say now, because my fingers are tired, but rest assured, the Lean for Life is one of the best diets in the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.