main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Forest of the Sith: Social Thread v3.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ChrisHanel, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Ouch!

But, then again, I've walked into things that gave me bigger scratches than that.

Good trilogy debate.

Let's see what else...

The Godfather comes close. For the first 2, no doubt.
    Alien? No.

Uh, oh... Gotta go... No more typing until the kids calm down. (Where's the, "AAAAHHHHH!!!!" emoticon?)

2. Cramer

Cramer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    Thanks for the humorous claim about me Dorkman. ;)

Anyways...as Neszis could tell you...I am entertained very much so by action flicks. Deep and involved story-driven films with no action are quickly turned off (or the channel is changed). Hence why I've never seen all of these movies: (meaning their entirety)

Rocky Horror Pictue Show
    Annie
    Tron
    Full Metal Jacket
    Gone with the Wind
    Titanic
    It's a Wonderful Life

Yeah...boring parts=change the channel. (IMO) Meaning...don't make any boring parts in a movie...and it'll probably be a cult classic like Star Wars, Indy, and Freddy vs Jason. ;)

3. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Doh! Someone sent me an email from the Fanfilms database...but it ended up in my SPAM folder and I accidentally trashed it...I saw it was not SPAM simultaneously while pressing the delete all button.

4. Darth_Obstreperous

Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Cramer, you are the poster child for today's youth. [face_laugh]

Going back to that RE2 poster contest, I'd love to make a poster showing how loosely the movies are actually based on the game and how much it is (probably) going to suck.

[Edit] Whoa, I just saw a picture of Nemesis and he looks awesome. Maybe it won't be so bad.

5. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    can someone please tell me how The Rocky Horror Picture Show is an involved, story-driven film?!?

dont get me wrongo, i think its good for a couple of minor laughs every other Halloween, but story-driven it aint - at least what story there is...

:D

6. Cramer

Jan 18, 2004
    It wasn't meant to be conveyed as story driven...it was meant in the light of having too many boring parts...thus why I watch up until Sexy Transvestite and then change the channel.

[Edit]: Been listening to old Disney songs...man I haven't watched Hercules in a long time....

7. Decapitated-Jango

Decapitated-Jango Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2002
  8. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Cramer, I'm assuming, by that standard, that you haven't seen The Maltese Falcon, Casablanca, or any Hitchcock film, either.

Your loss.

9. Cramer

Jan 18, 2004
    I remember watching Hitchcock as a kid when it was on Nick at Nite...but I don't remember any episodes.

Nope, never seen any of those either.

Also, as the disclaimer reads in my sig...the site is under construction.... We really need to update that soon...Stap quit on the project for that too.

[Edit]: Have I become the '04 replacement for Fig? (In the sense of getting picked on by the board constantly...but still enjoys the time here anyways). ;)

10. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I don't post as much as I used to.

Perhaps I have teh life? :eek:

// suspicious

Rick McCallum loves you!

11. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Perhaps I have teh life?

No...that's not true...THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

[/obligatory]
    [/second time I've ever said this quote in a fanfilms social thread]

12. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    To bad it'll probably heal up entirely in a few days.

Pfft. Mike, I have a facial scar from a toenail that was deaper and bloodier than that. No sympathy from me! But yeah - scratches build character. And dude... stop shaving! Beards are cool (shaggy ones anyway - I figure there's no point to a super-trim beard, as half the objective of growing one is less maintenance). Especially if your character happens to uh... brandish a lightsaber in the name of the Force.

-Spiff

13. William_G_Matthew

William_G_Matthew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    I know I came in too late for the topic, but:

DorkmanScott wrote: "the Batman movies (there were only 3 -- Batman and Robin does not exist)"

I just wanted to express my delight that people realise that the non-existant fourth Batman movie was an accident. Hopefully Batman 4 (5 to people who -shudder- liked the non-existant film) will be up to snuff with the Tim Burton stuff.

That's really all I wanted to say.

\__Will__/

14. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Yes - I am inclined to believe that Batman & Robin is perhaps the WORST (non-existent) movie ever made.

-Spiff

15. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I hated Batman and Robin, but it is underrated.

I give it a solid D.

This is coming from someone who thinks Batman Forever is the best. superhero movie. EVAR., so you can see how much I hate B+R by comparison.

Rick McCallum loves you!

16. Jamball

Jamball Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2004
    What the hell is Batman and Robin?

And what the hell is EVAR, Adam?
    --Jamball

17. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    More internet lingo. Like 'Teh' and 'PPOR' and that thing with the syphilis and poptarts.

18. Jamball

Jamball Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2004
    I guess if you shout it really loud while brandishing a sword, it's sort of a cool word.

--Jamball

Man, I really need to brush up on my netlingo.

19. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Cramer, you are the poster child for today's youth.

Wow. Believe it or not, that makes me the absolute NON poster child...

I prefer a very story driven, intensly written movie that has little or no special effects over movies with nothing but effects (i.e. matrix).

Adam, I too think that Batman and Robin is made out to be worse than it is. But, it is pretty bad.

I'd give it a C-.

I do NOT think that Batman Forever is the best SH movie ever though. They didn't stick to the actual "character" for the characters from the comic book series. I mean, on two face they did.... ok. But on Riddler, they totally screwed it up. He would've been better as the joker IMHO.

Just a cookie crumb of an Alaskan opinion.

EDIT: I meant the matrix sequels, btw.

20. Decapitated-Jango

Decapitated-Jango Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Imagine William Wallace:

"Teh EVARRR!!"

21. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    I'm another big fan of Batman Forever. Completely and totally over-the-top, just how I like it. Just a bunch of actors having fun with their roles. Makes me smile every time I watch it.

22. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I don't think they could have picked anyone better than Jim Carrey for that role.

23. ThePaladin

Jan 2, 2004
    I wanna see someone do Batman Beyond, even though some people hate the Idea.

Only, I wan't it to be story driven. In the cartoon series, all I've seen so far is a bunch or clone wars quality action, with terry taking the place of Obi.

24. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    They should get Will Friedel to play Terry in the live version too. For some reason his voice IS Terry McGinnes to me.

25. ThePaladin

Jan 2, 2004
    Do you know what the riddler was like? He was a braniac. A nerd, so to speak. He was quick with his words, and they were.... riddled.

Ha, that's a funny coincidence.

And, I think they should get John Moore to play batman in the live batman beyond.

Just opinion though... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.