main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Forest of the Sith: Social Thread v3.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ChrisHanel, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Arj

Master_Arj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    winter:

I also was under the impression that she was a program.

Didn't her parents say they were programs that worked for Merovingian? I can't really remember...

Arj...The Master

2. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The little girl was a program and it was her purpose to make sunsets.

There's no evidence of that whatsoever.

The little girl is the same little girl as Neo meets in the beginning, in the train station. Her parents are programs. She too, is a program. They make that very clear. They go into the whole spiel about how even as programs, they can still feel and understand love for their daughter.

That she's a sunset program is debatable, I'll admit. But she IS a program, and since she clearly states that she made the sunset for Neo, I'd wager that she's a sunset program.

Purpose, remember? If she does something, and she's a program, she probably did it because it's her purpose.

M. Scott

3. Master_Arj

Feb 3, 2004
    Exactly. Purpose.

4. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Methinks too much energy has been expended on this whole Matrix debate... Everyone re-iterating their opinions a hundred times over is about as pointless as Mike says the movies are - and a lot less entertaining! :D

In other news - I just spent the evening backing up and deleting all on-computer files attributed to "The Planet with No Name" that I will no longer be looking at or editing. It was both depressing and illuminating to go over all that footage without FX or editing - lots of memories. Now I've got 150 GB of hard drive space free. Talk about closure! It's gone. All gone. :_|

*sigh*

-Spiff

5. spoil_me_w-ep3

spoil_me_w-ep3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    on figs last post:

be glad you're hiding.

yeah... im in a bad mood; my camera just broke while rewinding

EDIT: that wasn't a mean post, I'm just being silly in my H*R pride.

6. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    I meant only that she was a sunset programmer has no evidence, yes it is clearly stated that she is a program, that is never in question.

I'm embarrassed for not clarifying that.

7. Darth_Obstreperous

Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    I've created an image that will no doubt be used for future occurances.

[image=http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~mph32/stop2.gif]

Hmm, is the text too small to read?

Not taking my own advice:

Dude, she's definately the sunset programmer. What would be the point of her being anything else?

And I believe that it was a sunrise, not a sunset. Sunset would be bad symbolism. Unless you're Dorkman, then it could be the sun setting on the Wachowski Brothers' careers. :p

8. Master_Arj

Feb 3, 2004
    When did this become a flame war?

Arj...The Master

9. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    she's definately the sunset programmer

At first that seems to lend it self well to what the oracle says about the way the matrix works but then, the sunset's would be controlled by code and not a little girl.

10. Darth_Obstreperous

Jul 14, 2002
    ...code written by the program. I suppose all the programs are personified with human forms.
    Hmm, is personified the right word?

11. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    :confused:

FIVE PAGES ALREADY?????

*shakes fist*

Hanel....

*runs from ban stick*

-KNick

12. Master_Arj

Feb 3, 2004
    Yes, programs are personified. Just look at Smith and all the other agents.

Arj...The Master

13. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Actually, I think the little girl is a program without a purpose. If she had a purpose, why would she have been rejected? Why would her parents have had to make a deal with the Merovingian to smuggle her into the Matrix? I think she had no purpose, and that's part of the point. Why does Neo fight? "Because I choose to." part of the point of the last movie, to me, was that not everything needs purpose, that things can be just to be. I think the girl made the sunrise (I took it that way too) because she wanted to, not because it was her function.

Somebody noted that for the past five Ones, Trinity was killed by an Agent. Me, I'm more inclined to say that Trinity was never around before and that she's not part of the cycle at all; that it was pure chance/non-mathematical fate that drew her to Neo. Remember the seen with the Architect? All the Ones were attached to the human race, but Neo's attachment took a more specific form - love. I think Trinity was new with Neo, and I think that was why he succeeded. I think without love, he would probably have chosen just as the other Ones and Zion would be gone again.

I have no problem with the idea that it's all cyclical. I don't think the ending negated the rest of the fight at all. Without the rest of the fight, Neo could never have won freedom for humanity as he did. The fight is what brought him to the point where he was able to leave humankind free to choose whether or not to stay in the Matrix. (A choice that's obviously beneficial for humans, and I think enough will choose to stay that it will be okay the machines as well.) Will the peace last? Of course not. Does peace ever last? Judging by our world, no. And there's no saying that it has to be the same thing next time around, either. IMO, Neo broke the cycle and anything can happen from here on out.

The two Matrix requels (I just like the term; I don't use it with the typical derisive connotations it normally has) are certainly not the best movies ever made; they could be much more tightly edited and show a stronger, more coherent plot. And I continue to maintain that none of the movies feels as if it fits into the same series as any of the others; they're all stylistically disjointed to me. But I do love the end of Revolutions, and I don't think they're bad films.

BTW, my body mass index seems to be at 16.9, which makes me noticeably underweight. Interesting, because I consider myself a little bit too flabby. Then again, muscle weighs more than fat, so theoretically exercise could allow me to gain weight.

-Paul

14. Joey__P

Joey__P Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2003
    My wife and I just moved to our first home....and I must say that moving is one of the top 5 things I hate the most in life. I hate boxes, moving boxes...looking around and realizing more crap keeps building and going nowhere!

I also hate getting my nipples sanded off.....

What are the top 5 things you all REALLY dislike.

15. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    Ouch, that would hurt.

-KNick

16. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    i dunno if someone has seen the trailer but the movie "the terminal" looks awsome tom hanks, catherine zeta jones speilburg awsome it seems intresting and hank's acting is really nice

17. JaredE

JaredE Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2003
    1. Ignorant People
    2. Spyware
    3. The word "Diva"
    4. People who cant merge in traffic
    5. Popcorn flavored mike and ikes

At least this is my list for today!

18. teutonicknight

teutonicknight Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    6. My Mouse which overnight has become incredably sticky. (I have to click like 3 times to actually 'click'!)

19. Azionite

Azionite Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2002
    Ahh.. The Terminal...

Now, there's a movie I can almost guarantee won't be debated for 5 pages! [face_laugh]

Why wouldn't the machines just go right in and destroy Zion after they've killed Neo?
    Well, the Oracle asked the Architect (paraphrasing) "How do we know that you will keep your end of the deal?"
    His reply: "Please! What do you think I am, human?"

Gah.. I like it... some don't. No big deal!

Edit: In other news (totally unrelated), my wife is scheduled to be induced tomorrow morning. Having our 3rd boy! *Whew* And I think I'm busy NOW!?

Anyway, wish us luck (prayers/irish blessings/whatever)!

20. JaredE

JaredE Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2003
    Riddle me this

[image=http://www.cwtile.com/images/huh.gif]

21. JustinZ

JustinZ Jedi Master star 2

Jul 23, 2003
    Look here for the answer.

Justin

22. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Hope this offends someone ;)

1. Software Pirates
    2. Cheapskates
    3. People who are, "willingly ignorant" as the Apostle Paul put it. That means "Dumb on Purpose" basically.
    4. Women who murder their husbands by driving their heads into the ground with a tent stake. That happened in the bible in the book of Judges. (that really scares the crap outta me)
    5. Bad drivers in Alaska. (Also known as tourists)

23. William_G_Matthew

William_G_Matthew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    Matt that he was unable to get first post due to lack of web access and us disgusted at Chris's abuse of

We actually only talked for ten minutes! SHORT!

I asked him if he wanted to say anything to any of his online friends, he said, and I quote:

"Sure. Tell everyone 'Hey!', and let them know I'm not dead, but temporarily poor." [end quote]

He used to get work that involved Adobe Illustrator, which belonged to the company he worked for. He no longer has that feature, thus costing him a good $300-$500 a month he used to get if you include the freelance illustration, photography, and sculpture he also did.

I guess it doesn't help that most of his work was gotten through e-mail and without a web connection, e-mail is hard.

He kind of got hit in the face all at once with extra expenses, and has been flying back and forth between states for court dates and taking weekends off from work to see his girlfriend. He's a smart and efficient guy, so I'm sure he'll make it out of this mess all right. Besides, I offered to help him out as an e-mail lackey for freelance work and he rejected the idea. He's quite persistent on building from the ground up. Noble or crazy? You be the judge.

Anyhoozawatzit. I thought you all would like to know that he is in fact "not dead".

So there.

And you got a "Matt-esque" post in honor of it too!
    Aren't you lucky?

\__Will__/

24. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    To hear from Matt! Wow. An honor. I remember matt. He hates me.

Or, I think he hates me. He left right after I came.

:::smells breath:::

Oh, never mind. I'll fix the problem.

Is there a way to edit this thing? ;)

25. Darth_Obstreperous

Jul 14, 2002
    In the order I think of them:

1) Black Licorice.
    2) People who blame their problems on others
    3) People that go way overboard doing things just to be cool
    4) Stomach aches
    5) Getting 8 hours of sleep but it feels like 8 minutes